First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool First Impressions

...So I picked up the car last night. Her name is Tish....and she loves me

My first thought: I can't believe this car cost me WELL below 30,000 OTD! (I don't have Navi) It feels like a much more expensive car.

Some concerns:

I really wish the steering wheel was "fatter", but I can get over that.

The gauges really are too compressed. I mean, the "all gauges point straight down when the car is off" idea is cool. But they could have done that without putting 110mph at 12 o'clock. I think I might get a ticket before I get used to them...

5-6 shift is a little vague... Maybe it's due to the reverse lockout. My test drive was low-speed, and I didn't get over 4th gear, so I couldn't have noticed it then. First time I tried 5-6 (on the way home from the dealer), I put it in 4th! Oh, my aching clutch. Now that I know it's a problem I'm a little more careful about it. Hasn't happened again. Careful!

When I adjust the steering wheel to where I like it, I can't see some of the dash indicators above the speedo/tach (this is minor).

There's one other thing (has to do with the windows) which could be very bad. I'm gonna wait to see if it persists or is just a fluke first before stating it publicly.

Otherwise, everything's great and as advertised. I'm SO glad I went with quartz interior. Every time I've gone to the dealer since I've been seriously considering this car (back in May) I've seen totally different TSXes on the lot, so they seem to be selling well in this area. But I still haven't seen that many "in the wild". Only two SSMs (which could have been the same car). One sighting was on the way to the dealer last night (driving south on 395 in the HOV lanes...Anyone here?). I thought that was a good sign.

On the lot tonight was a particularly sweet Nighthawk Black/Parchment/6MT/Navi (anyone in NoVA/MD/DC who wants this combo, RUN to Radley Acura). I have a soft spot for this color combo as it was my first choice, but I was talked out of parchment by my dad so I didn't get it. I'm sorry, but I don't have the hardware to take pics of mine at this time, but I'll try my best. I will say that it looks just like Wiz's car, and he's got plenty of pics.

To everyone still deciding on what to get, cars are my life and so far I give this one my highest recommendation. To those senior members who helped me in making my decision, THANKS! To everyone who's ordered a TSX and is waiting, it's definitely worth the wait and I hope that yours gets here soon so we can talk more about it. To anyone looking for a good dealership in the northern Virginia area, I recommend Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA. Great service and they always treated me well even though I'm (relatively) young.

Now...can't wait to break her in. Then the fun begins

[in superhero voice] "Cluch out!" [flys away] ZOOOOOOM!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and enjoy.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:42 AM
More On

Re: First Impressions

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
......There's one other thing (has to do with the windows) which could be very bad. I'm gonna wait to see if it persists or is just a fluke first before stating it publicly.....
Since this might be the first reply and I'm quoting just one line, I better emphasize that Clutch's review was very extensive, and extremely positive.

Congratulations, and great write-up.

I'm highlighting that one line because it's what we're going to be wondering about!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: First Impressions

Originally posted by larchmont
I'm highlighting that one line because it's what we're going to be wondering about!
Since I have basically the same car built at the same time, it also crossed my mind :thinking:
Old 07-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by larchmont
.....I'm highlighting that one line because it's what we're going to be wondering about!
Yeah, I posted that tidbit in hopes that if someone else had the problem they'd immediately know what it was. Basically, I need to wait a little while to see if it happens again. Just something my dad noticed as we were driving back home from the dealer. My fingers are crossed.

Edit: GO CARBON GREY!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Advanced

Congratulations!

I hate waiting... :'(
Old 07-11-2003, 09:08 AM
More On

Re: Re: Re: First Impressions

.....I need to wait a little while to see if it happens again. Just something my dad noticed as we were driving back home from the dealer.....
My guess: In direct sunlight, a faint outline of the wing-thing logo appears.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Über Geek

Re: First Impressions

Her name is Tish....and she loves me

…I really wish the steering wheel was "fatter", but I can get over that.
Great name.

I felt that way about the steering wheel too. I'm considering bringing mine (if I ever get it) to an upholstery place and having the wheel wrapped in another layer of leather.

I think it would add heft and look cool.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Congrats!

I too wish for a fatter steering wheel, especially top part. I might have to get one of those cheesy steering wheel cover.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by captainjack
Great name.

I felt that way about the steering wheel too. I'm considering bringing mine (if I ever get it) to an upholstery place and having the wheel wrapped in another layer of leather.

I think it would add heft and look cool.
Thanks.

That sounds like a good idea. Let me know if you get it done and how you like it.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Gentlemen Racer

Is your car named "Tish" or "Trish"?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
wiz
Pro

Heh...another CG owner...glad to hear it. Yeah, I like to take pictures, but we always like to see pictures of everybody's car. Glad my pictures helped you decide though. I too am also curious about the window thing though...
Old 07-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Kanon23
Is your car named "Tish" or "Trish"?
Just "Tish". It's more sporty than "Trish"
Old 07-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

The nicest wheel that I have tried has to be the S2000... it's small but fat in all the right places.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by DEVO
The nicest wheel that I have tried has to be the S2000... it's small but fat in all the right places.
I agree. It's like a go-kart steering wheel.

For me, it also was at the perfect height and angle even though it can't be adjusted.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:45 AM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

that leather idea with the steering wheel is a damn good idea....d o you think that would really work, and look stock???
Old 07-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Instructor

so what was up with the windows?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:12 PM
More On

Originally posted by bheywow
so what was up with the windows?
Yeah!