in the first 5000km...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in the first 5000km...

what did you do?

I am thinking of conditioning the leather.

As well, I know acura has something called paint protection? but what does that actually do? Like... obviously it is suppose to protect the paint, but how does it do that and can i do taht after market?

PS - i'm pickin up my 05 next Tuesday! =)
Old 12-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Advanced

drive?
Old 12-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by uworich
what did you do?

I am thinking of conditioning the leather.

As well, I know acura has something called paint protection? but what does that actually do? Like... obviously it is suppose to protect the paint, but how does it do that and can i do taht after market?

PS - i'm pickin up my 05 next Tuesday! =)
It makes the shit more shinny kind of like a long lasting wax and since i got white they said it will prevent it from becoming yellow shit like that
Old 12-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Pimpin
It makes the shit more shinny kind of like a long lasting wax and since i got white they said it will prevent it from becoming yellow shit like that
Does anyone know if this statement holds any truth? cuz i'm getting white too.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Racer

too tell you the truth i dont know, but my cousin said something a few years ago about how honda white turns yellow but that was around 4 years ago and its worth the extra $100 its really shinny. Oh yeah if you plan to sell it in 5 years dont get it it wont make a difference, but i'm probably gonna run it to the ground.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Cruisin'

I got that on my last car and it was nothing more than wax that didn't last very long. The only thing I got was a bunch of scratches from the dealer waxing with a dirty, gravel filled cloth. I will never trust a dealer to wash/wax my car.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Depends on what type of paint protection. Here in Aussieland we have 2 types. First is the Teflon paint protection. It just helps keep the color the same as the original, i.e. protecting it from the sun and rain. It is no match against bird poo and tree sap. It supposedly lasts 4 years, but detailers say it is only good for 1 year before a reapplication is required.
The 2nd one is a protective wax layer (could be polymer too). This one is supposed to give you a bit of time before the bird poo starts eating into your paint. Not sure how long this one lasts though.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:59 PM
04 remembrance

It's interesting because just yesterday, my GF said her sister's 2001 Accord coupe is starting to turn yellow.

I guess it all makes sense now, because I had no idea what she was talking about before.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Instructor

I think I recall reading that Consumer Reports said paint protectors, fabric protectors, and the like are a waste of money. I believe they said regularly applying a coat of good wax is more than sufficiient.
Also, aren't all exterior paints "protected" with a clear coat?