Fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fender flares

I've been making some observations the past few days, and probably not something new to many of you, but I think one of the attributes of a sporty car is that the body is wrapped around the wheels tightly (think of the German sport sedans, or the two new Lexus IS/GS models, for example).

The TSX has a big wheel gap from factory (and no fender flares) which takes away from the sporty European look. So I was wondering......

If we can get some subtle fender flares for the TSX, one's that are similar to the B6/B7 A4's, it would give it a much sportier stance, especially if it can be made such that it covers more of the wheel gap. If it can be something like the M3 lip spoilers that comes with strong 3M double sided tape, that would be even nicer since no cutom bodywork needs to be done. It's just four pieces of fiberglass anyway.

What do you guys think? any chance we can get enough demand to get some company to make such a product?

Old 03-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know... I think removing the gap would be more than enough. No need to add any fender flares, IMO.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just lower the car and get bigger wheels...
Old 03-27-2005, 01:15 PM
G2 TSX

How about just buy the A4 or the BMW? The TSX is fine. It's better than past generation Accords.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Stick-on flares will look ghetto. If you want flares you're going to have to fiberglass them on. Check out marineTSX's car for inspiration.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Stick-on flares will look ghetto. If you want flares you're going to have to fiberglass them on. Check out marineTSX's car for inspiration.
yes that is a sweet car i do hafta say.... and i too have thought about the flares but your right the ghetto factor is sitting right there
Old 03-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Slate
How about just buy the A4 or the BMW? The TSX is fine. It's better than past generation Accords.

Yes the TSX is fine, but I just want a sportier look. Lowering will help, but I think I would prefer the stock ride since most of the time I will be commuting, so I don't think I will lower the car. I prefer an OEM look anyway, and I wasn't thinking of fender flares that are too big/much, but something that complements the shape of the car. Lowering the car and getting bigger wheels still doesn't create that wrapped around look that flares create tho. You do close out the gap between the top of the wheel and the fender, but since the wheel arch is still the same diameter, the gap to the front and back of the wheel will still be big, and the center axis of the wheel and the wheel arch is off, yes, it looks sportier, but less elegant imo.

I didn't get the A4 because I was concerned about its reliability, and the 3er because of its price, and I think a good portion of the TSX buyers made the decision because they had these same things in mind.

I agree stick on flares can look ghetto, but I'm not looking at something extreme, I noticed that some SUV's have flares thtat are screwed on that goes well with the car, so I thought maybe something sleeker and subtle can be done on the TSX. I'm pretty sure if (just for instance) the 06 TSX came with flares similar to the TL, TSXer's would love them. It will add content to the otherwise big flat bland door panels.

Dan, I've seen MarineTSX's car before, it look really good, but since I'm keeping my car pretty much OEM look, those flares might be too much. you're right tho, that was actually one of the inspirations of this idea.