Farewell Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 02:17 PM
The Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, a fellow Libertyville Acura fellow. That's one less Artic Blue to compete with mine on the road.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by marakbai
ok, so am I the only one who wants to know what Masmole does for a living?
But someone had asked how one goes from a TSX to an SLK, but he didn't answer.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Racer

i have an ABP tsx, maybe i can follow in his footsteps....?

just need to sell 10 more kilos of columbias finest
Old 01-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by phile
But someone had asked how one goes from a TSX to an SLK, but he didn't answer.
What are you talking about? I don't get your question. What do you mean how does one go from a TSX to an SLK....? uh, how about trading it in and buying one. So what's the big mystery? I don't think it's anyone's business what I do for a living.... I don't go around asking you people what color underwear your wives/gf's are wearing aren't I? It's personal but if you have to know, search the forums for a thread a few months ago and you will find out because I've spilled the beans about my profession once before.

I've been talking about getting the SLK55 for a while now. I've had one ordered since May and it's been in my sig since then as well while I patiently waited for 7 long months to take delivery. So no surprises. I went from a TSX to a SLK simply because I no longer had a need for a commuter car that was easy at the pump because my commute had become shorter. So I decided to give my gas-guzzling X5 4.8is full-time commuter car duty and now the SLK is my fun weekend/fair-weather car.

Don't get me wrong. I already miss my TSX. I miss rowing through that sweet gearbox and redlining it to 7k rpm's on a regular basis. But I'll get over it
Old 01-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by masmole
What are you talking about? I don't get your question. What do you mean how does one go from a TSX to an SLK....? uh, how about trading it in and buying one.
That's a pretty big price gap going from a 30K-ish car to a 77K car; just wondering why the upgrade wasn't between two cars that were more similarly priced. I didn't see your other threads obviously; I was just as curious as the other person that I quoted about your financial status. I realize that's your personal issue and you're free to not reveal it. Sorry for intruding, jeez you act like I just insulted your mother.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's all good dude...You can afford a sweet car and you chose to purchase one, so be it. If I had extra cash for another car, I'd be driving something trick. I honestly don't know what, but it'd be cool. Enjoy it, it's a badass car.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by phile
That's a pretty big price gap going from a 30K-ish car to a 77K car; just wondering why the upgrade wasn't between two cars that were more similarly priced. I didn't see your other threads obviously; I was just as curious as the other person that I quoted about your financial status. I realize that's your personal issue and you're free to not reveal it. Sorry for intruding, jeez you act like I just insulted your mother.
what did you call my mother?!??!!!!

hehe... after reading my post, I guess I was being a little too defensive. My bad. I just don't like peeps gettin all over my bidness that's all. btw, I'm a dentist, 31yo male, 5'9, heterosexual, single. My hobbies are photography, photoshop, oil painting, and working on cars. I enjoy a nice round of golf once a week and am an avid runner. I love blondes but prefer brunettes. Prefer smaller firm perky ones over sloppy triple-D's. The girl I will marry likes to swallow. There, I spilled the beans again. Fair enough?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Racer

you forgot you astrological sign
Old 01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by masmole
what did you call my mother?!??!!!!

hehe... after reading my post, I guess I was being a little too defensive. My bad. I just don't like peeps gettin all over my bidness that's all. btw, I'm a dentist, 31yo male, 5'9, heterosexual, single. My hobbies are photography, photoshop, oil painting, and working on cars. I enjoy a nice round of golf once a week and am an avid runner. I love blondes but prefer brunettes. Prefer smaller firm perky ones over sloppy triple-D's. The girl I will marry likes to swallow. There, I spilled the beans again. Fair enough?
Ok, this is just out of curiosity. If you've been a dentist for a while, what was the allure of buying a 30K car when you could afford something a lot more expensive? Again, just curious.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Racer

Ok, this is just out of curiosity. If you've been a dentist for a while, what was the allure of buying a 30K car when you could afford something a lot more expensive? Again, just curious.
I miss rowing through that sweet gearbox and redlining it to 7k rpm's on a regular basis.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by members78
Yea, but there are MANY other cars higher in price then the TSX that have sweet gearboxes.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by joerockt
Yea, but there are MANY other cars higher in price then the TSX that have sweet gearboxes.
I got the TSX during a time when I needed a commuter car to travel 100+ miles a day and occasionally parking streetside on sketchy neighborhoods (can't do that with a $70K car). The TSX gets good mileage, is a very entertaining commuter, and if it did get any dings and scratches from the perils streetside parallel parking, it wouldn't hurt my feelings as much. To top it off, it handles great, has a sweet nav system, a great gearbox, and is just plain fun. Now, name any other sedan under $100K that can do all that in one easy to use package?

The only ones I can think of is the Audi S4 (already have one) -- but that sucks gas down like it never heard of the oil crisis (12 mpg city avg) and I wouldn't dare park that where I used to have to go, the BMW M5 -- but it's rwd and the wide tires are no good in the winter, plus the styling is old news and also another gas guzzler. The TL crossed my mind too, but didn't like the handling and the troque steer when I test drove it. 330xi you say? TSX looks a helluva lot better plus it comes with a nice nav.

And going back to your quote regarding the gearbox comment "but there are MANY other cars higher in price then the TSX that have sweet gearboxes". Oh really? Name one other sedan that does and I'll buy it. The B5/B6 S4 certainly doesn't. Neither do the E39 M5 or E60 5-series. The 3-series is close but the TSX is much smoother. C-class manual gearboxes are the worst ever put in a modern car. Uh... am I missing something? I think we're out of contenders here. On a side note, I'd like to give honorable mention to the Mazda 3 but I'll stop there because they only cost half as much as a TSX.

Fair to say, and it is well known in the automotive industry and ethusiast community that Honda generally makes the best cable shifter linkage design period. The best gearbox that I have driven is the Acura NSX, second the S2000's, then the TSX and its other 6-speed honda cousins follow closely after. Some of the exotics have nice linkages as well but they are often constrasted by a heavy or hard-to-manage clutch because of the amount of power on tap, as is often the case. Honda simply manages to find a comfortable blend to make the experience all that more rewarding without the need for brute force.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Just dial 1911

Looks like you forgot the M3. And besides, you already stated your reason for getting a TSX. You dont need to sell me on it, I already own one. But if I could have afforded an M3 back in may, the TSX wouldnt have been in contention.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Racer

Not trying to sell you on it. You asked, I answered... or rather everyone is asking, so I'm just laying out my rationale on every buying a TSX to begin with.

btw, the E46 M3 is not a sedan, and satisfies even less criteria that what I've mentioned in that it's rwd, not an ideal winter car if it were to be an all-year commuter, not good on gas, its very firm suspension makes for a less than ideal commuter, and as a car that's more aggresively styled I would sooner park an S4 in shady neighborhood than I would an M3. That simply would not fly if I value my wheels or roundels. S4 is much easier to live with.

So why are some you having a hard time with the fact that I find the TSX to be a great car aside from how much it costs? I'm quite surprised that anyone is even doubting my rationale for ever owning one since you all bought one didn't you? And isn't it a great car? I think so. The TSX kicks ass. And what's so unusual about someone buying a certain cheaper car for certain purposes even if they can afford much more? More expensive doesn't always mean better. And just because you can afford the more expensive ride, doesn't mean you have to get it. Example - I could have fit an SL55 in my budget but chose not to... why? because the SLK55 is a better overall car at half the price.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Just dial 1911

Like I already said YOU EXPLIANED THE REASON WHY YOU BOUGHT IT. I'm not having a hard time with anything, yes the TSX a great car. If I were working/parking in shady neighborhood, then yes, the rational to buy a cheaper car fits.

Geez, and I thought I get defensive at times...I'm being usurped....lol...
Old 01-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Racer

Like I already said YOU EXPLIANED THE REASON WHY YOU BOUGHT IT. I'm not having a hard time with anything, yes the TSX a great car. If I were working/parking in shady neighborhood, then yes, the rational to buy a cheaper car fits.

Geez, and I thought I get defensive at times...I'm being usurped....lol...
ok, you've obviously got issues because you seem to think I'm directing this only to you. Notice how I said "some of you". I'm simply trying not only to answer your question but everyone else's inquiries on this thread and in past threads regarding the similar topics. Your inquiry on post #49, and follow-up on #51 is plain and simple, very consistent with what everyone else is asking "why the TSX?"

So tell me, what answer is it are you looking for? "Yea, but there are MANY other cars higher in price then the TSX that have sweet gearboxes." Why not just cut to the chase and ask me a question I can easily answer because vague comments like that will naturally get very general blanket statements. And besides, you still haven't answered my question.... what cars much higher in price than a TSX have better gearboxes?

"If you've been a dentist for a while, what was the allure of buying a 30K car when you could afford something a lot more expensive?" So I attempted to answer that in my next post then you reply by telling me "You dont need to sell me on it, I already own one." WTF is wrong with you? You just asked me what was the allure of the car and I obliged and now you're telling me I don't have to tell you what the allure was?!?!!!! You're sounding like my psycho ex-GF for chrissakes. I'm just reading posts and trying my best to answer them in light of the fact that I've been bombarded by many other comments regarding "why the TSX?" etc. And now you're starting to think I'm directing it all to you? Get over yourself, there are many others on this forum dude.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
What a strange arguement you guys are having....
Old 01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
TSX JIGALO

Dont worry about Masmole, some are just jealous including me and over intrigued that you got that nice car from a TSX...but no worries mate all you get from me is envy
Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by wsklar
What a strange arguement you guys are having....
He just dosent get it. I asked him one simple question, he answered it, yet he's compelled to continue on...
Old 01-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
He just dosent get it. I asked him one simple question, he answered it, yet he's compelled to continue on...
Don't argue with the man with the 100K car....
Old 01-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Banned

um wow... Was feeling bad for u, like why would someone trade in a 17k TSX....now saw ur new car u lucky bastard...lol...take care...both cars are beautiful....stop by and say hi sometimes
Old 01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
What does the ariscarf do and how does it do it? Just curious.

Pull up to your nearest Billygoat tavern with that and get a Chessebooger. chessebooger, cheesebooger; no fries; Pepsi, no Coke.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Holy step-up Batman. Nice wheels!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Ohhh yeah!

Originally Posted by miner
Pull up to your nearest Billygoat tavern with that and get a Chessebooger. chessebooger, cheesebooger; no fries; Pepsi, no Coke.
And say hi to Jeff Magill, the bar manager at lower Michigan. I went to high school with his son.

By the looks of your new navi you live right next door to the Amaco building, right?

...oh, and sweet new ride! I'd take the SLK55 AMG over an SL myself. Were I in the market for a car like that.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Congrats on the mercedes I have three and love every one of them. The new SLK is amazing.