FAQ & Instructions: Aux Audio Adapter - From Selection to Completion

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elduderino
I've pulled up just the cup holder, np.
Hmm, I don't see where I can pull up just the cup holder.
Here's a pic of my cupholder, and it looks like it's just fully attached to the rest of the console to me. What portion exactly pops out? Do you have a pic you can share (or anyone)?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:36 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I use this GLI?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Former Audio Mod

It seems like that should work.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Intermediate

Hello,
I am new to this forum and it is likely that this question may have been answered above but it was a lot of reading. I was wondering if the SNHOND3 that is menioted so many times is the cheapest method to connect something to the AUX inpput on the TSX? I just want to be able to go from a 3.5mm plug to the aux of the radio, I dont need any interface between the head unit and the deivce, just for the head unit to recieve the audio.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally Posted by hooraysimpsons
Hello,
I was wondering if the SNHOND3 that is menioted so many times is the cheapest method to connect something to the AUX inpput on the TSX?
I believe that this is the case, that the SNHOND3 is the cheapest way to do what you'd like. I highly recommend a pair of RCA jacks be mounted that then you use from the connector you mentioned by way of a minijack to RCA cable, just like in the 1st post here on this FAQ. Read that first post, as it explains most of the information yhou need.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Anyone tried Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2?

Enfig.com sells a similar Blitzsafe unit as mentioned earlier, but hooks directly into the iPod and charges it as well. See it at http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/sto...K1_V2_NAV.html. Has anyone use this? Will it provide the best sound becuase you have less connections? Can it be weaved through the car into the arm rest as a clean install? Am I better off using the Blitzsafe unit that provides RCA jacks instead?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Former Audio Mod

Just as information, this thread details the answer to the questions I've posed a few posts ago on pulling up the console panel: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=480496
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jplevine
Enfig.com sells a similar Blitzsafe unit as mentioned earlier, but hooks directly into the iPod and charges it as well. See it at http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/sto...K1_V2_NAV.html. Has anyone use this? Will it provide the best sound becuase you have less connections? Can it be weaved through the car into the arm rest as a clean install? Am I better off using the Blitzsafe unit that provides RCA jacks instead?
This looks great! But does anyone know a work around that would let me use this to hook up my iPod AND keep my xm (some sort of A/B switch I could hide or something?) I have an '05 TSX w/Navi.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Racer

all I want to see is where everyone is putting their RCA jacks for input ... in the armrest? in the media compartment? where?

Any advice?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm lazy....mine's in the glove box. I'll post up a pix if you like =) Although I did rip out the entire console ( storage bin to the armrest) thinkin was I could run the wire to the center console but I end up having my Ipod in the glove box.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DateTSX
I'm lazy....mine's in the glove box. I'll post up a pix if you like =) Although I did rip out the entire console ( storage bin to the armrest) thinkin was I could run the wire to the center console but I end up having my Ipod in the glove box.
sure a pic would be great .. I was thinking of leaving mine in the media bin under the radio ... could work, no?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by marakbai
sure a pic would be great .. I was thinking of leaving mine in the media bin under the radio ... could work, no?
there you go

Old 11-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Racer

awesome, I'm going to try this
Old 11-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Did we ever get a Blitzsafe that allows for XM and Aux? I'm ready to plan out this upgrade and want to make sure I have the best adapter for all features.

- g
Old 11-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Pro

Question... is this snhond3 thing needed with the '06's or does the new Aux jack take care of that?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by helraiser
Question... is this snhond3 thing needed with the '06's or does the new Aux jack take care of that?

It takes care of that.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2005 non nav tsx, and I want to connect an iPod. I have read through several threads and saw acura is offering iPod seamless intergration kit, but may require the handfree option (on the RL, TL, and 06 tsx), which would not help me out. I have read through this thread and saw third party options for an AUX connection. Has anybody heard of Acura dealer retrofiting 04-05 with the AUX input (not the iPod specific kit) that is standard 06. It appears that Acura have solved the problem of lossing funcitonallity of the XM vs. iPod(or other MP3 player). Additionaly does the 06 tsx AUX input allow for dash/streering wheel control operation of the iPod and display info on the dash (non nav) along with the volume control and power supply (as stated on the Acura website)? Thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

So has there been a solution found that will allow a Accord/TSX owner to have both XM and AUX functionality? I don't want to be able to listen to my iPod through this AUX adapter, but not my XM radio.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:54 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Question...

does this (http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...ON03_F_MM.html) take care of the XM and iPOD problem?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
1st Gear

'04 TSX storage tray

I discovered an easier way to remove the storage tray under the A/C unit in the '04 TSX.

1. Open up the lid to the trash tray/cig. lighter socket.

2. Pull out the rubber mat in the storage tray.

3. With the key in the ignition, (to unlock the trans from P) set the parking prake, and pull the transmission knob all the way back to D3.

4. Put each fore finger between the trash tray lid and the bottom of the storage
tray so that you can put your thumbs inside the bottom of the tray.

5. Gently, but firmly, pull the tray out STRAIGHT and SLOWLY.

This way I avoided the need for anything to prevent scratching the material on either side of the enclosure.

I've used all of everyone's info to install my SNHOND3 unit and am very happy with it!

Stock '04 TSX
Roady XT
Radio Shack GLI

P.S. Anyone know of a higher quality/good price GLI???
Old 02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

anyone experiencing low volume problem?

i have blitzsafe dmx v2 ...but should be the same
Old 04-01-2006, 12:38 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Okay I got a question if i order the shond3 i will have to buy rca connecters?
I am only trying to connect an mp3 player or any audio with the use of a headphone jack to headphone jacke.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

Hi everyone,

mine is a JDM 05 Accord w'out Navi , and I successfully installed my snhond3 and its works perfectly... but now it seems that my factory remote key has a very much shorter range to unlock/lock the doors than before installation.

Any idea why?

Advice appreciated
Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Super Noob

Ok... seems like there are quite a few posts on iPod connections. Anyhow, I had a question about AUX port connection to the iPod. I've read most of the posts here and all the previous ones, but I'm having a hard time finding any recent info on 2004 non-nav connections. I have no other audio sources except for the standard 6-cd and radio. I would like to know which connectors are best at this point in time that allow me to use the HU controls to switch songs. I've read that pretty much all the connectors have their problems here and there, and I'm a bit wary of buying something if I'm gonna have to rip open the front console multiple times. So to sum it up:

car = TSX 2004 non-nav
iPod version = 30gb 5G

Questions:

1. Which connector is the one that won't cause me too much trouble and will allow me to use the steering wheel controls?

2. Where can I buy the said products? (ie websites)

Thanx to all of you that reply in advance.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 AM
2007 TSX

Originally Posted by jjkim325

Questions:

1. Which connector is the one that won't cause me too much trouble and will allow me to use the steering wheel controls?

2. Where can I buy the said products? (ie websites)

Thanx to all of you that reply in advance.
I have a 2005 TSX non-nav and I purchased and installed the Neo iOn from http://www.mp3yourcar.com.

I really like the Neo iOn. It allows me to have the control and functions I want, but it is simple and straightforward. The things I like:

- Easy to install
- Allows you to use the steering wheel controls to skip songs (there is no control of playlists, etc.)
- Charges the iPod (I rarely have to charge it on its own now that I'm charging it to and from work everyday)
- The iPod pauses automatically when you turn off the car or switch to FM, etc.
- It does not take over the iPod UI with its own, you can use the iPod directly just as when you have it plugged into headphones
- The sound comes from the dock, not the headphone jack - so the volume is controlled by the car and not the output from the iPod, I think this makes the sound better and less likely to be distorted

A few negatives - I did have to unplug the XM, but not a big deal to me. I don't think 2004's have XM, so that's not an issue for you. Of course I would love if the song information would be displayed on the HU, but nobody does that. And it's a little pricey, but about the same as similar units (like the iceLink).

I took pictures when I installed the Neo iOn and I have been meaning to get those together to post. I will try to do that soon if you are interested.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:09 AM
2007 TSX

Oh, and I did some research on the different options before I decided to go with the Neo iOn. You can see that in this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/ipod-options-2005-tsx-non-nav-329678/

That's from January of this year, though I think some of it is outdated already. I think Blitzsafe came out with something that allows you to keep XM now?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Super Noob

I saw in the thread you did ur research that eld said Neo Ion is just the icelink relabled? Is that right? Hm... right now I'm torn between the HK and finding a solution for the whole steering wheel controlling ipod thing. It's a $100 difference from the Neo Ion to the HK since you need to get the SHOND3 to connect the HK (I could be wrong). Anyhow, I would like to see those pix if you have them.

Also, to anyone else who got the HK, I do need an adapter to plug the HK into the Aux port of the factory HU right?

Originally Posted by superJess
I have a 2005 TSX non-nav and I purchased and installed the Neo iOn from http://www.mp3yourcar.com.

I really like the Neo iOn. It allows me to have the control and functions I want, but it is simple and straightforward. The things I like:

- Easy to install
- Allows you to use the steering wheel controls to skip songs (there is no control of playlists, etc.)
- Charges the iPod (I rarely have to charge it on its own now that I'm charging it to and from work everyday)
- The iPod pauses automatically when you turn off the car or switch to FM, etc.
- It does not take over the iPod UI with its own, you can use the iPod directly just as when you have it plugged into headphones
- The sound comes from the dock, not the headphone jack - so the volume is controlled by the car and not the output from the iPod, I think this makes the sound better and less likely to be distorted

A few negatives - I did have to unplug the XM, but not a big deal to me. I don't think 2004's have XM, so that's not an issue for you. Of course I would love if the song information would be displayed on the HU, but nobody does that. And it's a little pricey, but about the same as similar units (like the iceLink).

I took pictures when I installed the Neo iOn and I have been meaning to get those together to post. I will try to do that soon if you are interested.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:41 AM
2007 TSX

Originally Posted by jjkim325
I saw in the thread you did ur research that eld said Neo Ion is just the icelink relabled? Is that right?
It wasn't true for me. It is definitely NOT the iceLink. I've seen the iceLink in person and it looks nothing like it. Plus, the iceLink has its own UI and the Neo Ion does not. I'm not sure why some people experienced this.

I will work on posting the pictures later today. I have to shrink them down and sort through them to see which ones are worth posting.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:33 PM
2007 TSX

Here are the pictures I took when I installed the Neo iOn in my 2005 non-nav TSX:

http://www.tangledupsidedown.com/ipod.html

I'm still looking for a good mount to use for my iPod. I'd like to mount it where I can see the display while driving. If anyone has good suggestions for that, let me know.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Super Noob

Originally Posted by superJess
I'm still looking for a good mount to use for my iPod. I'd like to mount it where I can see the display while driving. If anyone has good suggestions for that, let me know.
I saw somewhere some pix of an ipod mounted into the red fake ash tray place. I think a dock adapter will actually fit in there. Havent tried yet but it looks about right. If I get the ion setup I would put a dock there and dock my ipod into that part. Then the screen on the ipod is visible and you could actually set the ipod screen to never turn off when ur in the car. It's being charged anyhow.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Question...

does this (http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...ON03_F_MM.html) take care of the XM and iPOD problem?
Does anyone know the answer to this? I have an '05 w/XM and Navi and want to keep all existing functions. I would really love to be able to destroy my POS FM Moduator!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
4th Gear

Hey guys- I'm at my wit's end here. Current setup:

XM Commander's RCA output and Blitzsafe ipod to RCA output both running into the soundgate AUX3 multiple input selector. The AUX3 output goes into my SNHOND3, into the headunit. I'm getting terrible, terrible amounts of noise with this. I currently have the switch for the AUX3 located on one of the blank switchplate covers over by the sunroof controls. I realize that this is a long signal run and could possibly be picking up some noise. Strangely, if I unplug the switch and just plug the XM directly into the SNHOND3, I still get noise. Tomorrow I'm adding a GLI...

The worst part about this is that one very reputable shop did my initial install (JL 300/4 amp, JL speakers all around) and the instiall of the above mentioned. They couldn't find the noise. Another shop today spent four hours (200 bucks) trying to find it, and couldn't. Both tried using GLIs (or so they say). Symptoms: alternator whine and a high frequency squeal. I can't spend any more money paying professionals to try to hunt down the noise, so now it's on me... a complete novice. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Old 05-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, XM Commander plugged directly into a SNHOND3 will likely give you that kind of noise. A GLI should fix it up. Try the one that Radio Shack sells. It did the trick for me.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same horrible alternator noise with the XM commander and the aux input adapter, and i have been UNABLE to ge rid of it! I thought it was a bad ground, but i have tried numerous setups and the high pitch noise is always there. So a Ground Loop Isolator will definetely fix it? How much do they run?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Roger...haven't posted in awhile...turned into a lurker, but I have the whine fix for you...took me months to figure out. I have the Commander too and here's the trick:

Make sure you do get a GLI, but also make sure you place none of the wires, the main unit, or the GLI unit near the ECU. I have mine in the trunk with the wires going under the rear seats, under the center console and straight to the commander in the "Not an Ashtray" spot.

The ECU puts out a crazy amount of EMI and I can't find one cable, not ever Monster, that will block it. You just have to keep everything away from it.

One other thing to check is to make sure your ground is a good one. Just test around with different places until you find a good one.

Now I only have whine at around volume level 35 with a talk station. You can't hear it below that or on any music station. Unfortunetaly I think it's the best you can do.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSN_FT1(SS/DV)
Roger...haven't posted in awhile...turned into a lurker, but I have the whine fix for you...took me months to figure out. I have the Commander too and here's the trick:

Make sure you do get a GLI, but also make sure you place none of the wires, the main unit, or the GLI unit near the ECU. I have mine in the trunk with the wires going under the rear seats, under the center console and straight to the commander in the "Not an Ashtray" spot.

The ECU puts out a crazy amount of EMI and I can't find one cable, not ever Monster, that will block it. You just have to keep everything away from it.

One other thing to check is to make sure your ground is a good one. Just test around with different places until you find a good one.

Now I only have whine at around volume level 35 with a talk station. You can't hear it below that or on any music station. Unfortunetaly I think it's the best you can do.
I know its been a while; I am so busy with life lately that i dont have much time. Been traveling all over the country for work. It gets to you after a while.

Well I got the GLI last night, and it was a decent temporary fix. My roommate was thinking the way you were with getting a high-end shielded monster cable, but I wasnt convinced that that would fix it. I wanted to try a cheaper solution first; the GLI did the trick. But its not the best fix.

My commander controller is still mounted under the drivers steering panel near the fuse box, etc, and grounded somewhere under there to the car frame. So you're saying that I need to move all that to the rear trunk to avoid alternator noise? I will try that.

Question, where do you have your Commander hot and ignition on/off wired into?

I really need to get back on these boards some more. Looks like they've grown a lot in the last 2 years.

RP
Old 01-12-2007, 04:13 PM
6th Gear

SNHOND3 KiLLED my car

I just installed the SNHOND3. I am having some weird issues with it. At first I noticed that my radio shut down. I must have triggered the anti theft mechanism in the radio. Somehow it also blew out my spark plug for the radio. I have since changed it out and put in the code, but now it seems to have disabled my starter? I cant turn on my car anymore. It just gives me a clicking sound. Has this happened to anyone?

BTW the battery is fine and all spark plugs are ok.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by notoriousflc
Somehow it also blew out my spark plug for the radio.
Slow down sparky. I assume you mean fuse? It could be a number of things, but it is wise to disconnect the battery whenever working on electronics (or, just about anything) on your car. Doing so will avoid blowing fuses. Doing anything live can do, well, anything.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
6th Gear

Yea i realize that now...This is probably my second time doing something on my own car. So what about the car not starting? Any idea what may be causing that?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another blown fuse can do it, if you blew something like #19 (fuel pump) in the process. I don't know how you could have done that, but then again, I don't know how you blew a fuse just by plugging in an audio accessory.

Check your fuses for anything ignition related. If its not the fuses, is the engine turning over but not starting when you turn the key, or not turning over at all? If its not turning over, it could be the battery.

Quick Reply: FAQ & Instructions: Aux Audio Adapter - From Selection to Completion