European vacation

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European vacation

My parents just got back from 2 weeks of touring Europe. When I picked them up at the airport they couldn't believe how many TSX's they saw. I explained that in Europe it is a Honda Accord but either way they said there were lots of them.
So my question is how well does the Accord sell in Europe? From the way my parents were talking it seems it sells pretty well. Then again my parents could have been drunk out of their minds most of the time, it was their happy retirement trip.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Racer

they probably sell more then here. they also have different models to choose from. its also the accord there.
is there an accord, US accord we have here, in japan or euro?
Old 10-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by euroStyle
they probably sell more then here. they also have different models to choose from. its also the accord there.
is there an accord, US accord we have here, in japan or euro?

"here" you mean north america ???
More Accords in Euro than here ??? wow

OTT-TSX, your folks are car-savvy ?
Old 10-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackjackman
OTT-TSX, your folks are car-savvy ?
Naw they just know that they love their Acura's. Mom has an RSX and Dad has a 3.2TL (99) that he is trading in on a 2005 TL. Though he was asking me what I think of the new RL. They used to think the best car out there was an Oldsmobile but that all changed when I first bought my 94 GSR. Since then only Honda products for them.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Racer

10 months ago I was in Britain and France for 3 weeks. I was looking out for Honda Accords because I knew I was gonna get a TSX and I wanted to see the European version. In my whole trip, I saw 2. The first one I saw in a Liverpool parking lot looking down from a train. The second one is the wagon outside a museum in Cardiff I think.

Edit: I should've mentioned that I saw 2 current generation Accords. They do have a bunch of the previous generation, which is different from both the JDM and USDM versions.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:19 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
Originally Posted by OTT-TSX
My parents just got back from 2 weeks of touring Europe. When I picked them up at the airport they couldn't believe how many TSX's they saw. I explained that in Europe it is a Honda Accord but either way they said there were lots of them.
So my question is how well does the Accord sell in Europe? From the way my parents were talking it seems it sells pretty well. Then again my parents could have been drunk out of their minds most of the time, it was their happy retirement trip.
I just got back from a trip to Europe myself, I was there for 3 weeks. I went to Italy and Greece, and this was recently after I got my TSX so of course I was on the lookout (and longing horribly for my car )

Anyway, I was shocked by how few Hondas I saw. In Italy, after 2 weeks of looking out a tour bus, I saw maybe 2 Honda Accords. One wagon and one sedan. I saw one older Accord. I saw about 6 or 7 Civics but they were mostly on one day, on one street!

In Greece I saw an Accord while driving by a Honda dealership.

I was also in France this summer and I don't think I saw a single Accord.

They're really super-rare over there from what I saw, no more than 1% of the market it seems. Seriously, out a hundred cars I doubt I saw more than one Honda.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
When someone says I saw a lot of "x" it's a very subjective thing.
No the Euro Accord doesn't have anywhere the market share that the USDM Accord does in the US - but yes it does sell well in certain markets.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
When someone says I saw a lot of "x" it's a very subjective thing.
No the Euro Accord doesn't have anywhere the market share that the USDM Accord does in the US - but yes it does sell well in certain markets.
I just seem to see more TSX's driving here than I saw Accords over there.