Engine Build Project/Car for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 07:29 PM
TSX4LIFE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine Build Project/Car for Sale

Selling my 2006 Acura TSX (6 speed with Navi) that needs a engine replacement. Otherwise car is in very good condition. Old engine has already been pulled out already along with the transmission. Car is perfect for a engine rebuild or a direct engine replacement. Selling the car as I can no longer afford the project to rebuild. Car has always been garage kept. Paint and interior in excellent condition. No electrical issues. Lots of aftermarket parts including Rays wheels, K&N Intake, Euro-R Spoiler, A-Spec Body Kit, intertior and exterior lighting upgrades, and lots of other parts that make this car a show stopper with a new engine in it. All parts are well kept and maintained anticipating engine swap including old motor and tranny. Please do not contact if you're looking for replacement parts as I'm not interested in parting out the car. Asking $5900 or OBO.

Link to my car build on Acurazine: https://acurazine.com/forums/members/06tsx6m-20927-albums-tsx-mod-pics-11700/

Suspension
Installed Progress rear sway bar including heavy duty bushings (use Shiatsu grease – works well with bushings)
Replaced front OEM sway bar bushings with Energy Suspension bushings
Installed adjustable Fastline end links which firmed up the rear suspension
Installed Koni shocks and Eibach springs with a custom mod on the rear deck so the rear shocks can be adjusted
Modified OEM bump stops with strut assembly
Installed Ingalls rear camber kit (need this if you want your tires to wear evenly)

Drivetrain/Engine
Installed Exedy Stage 2 Organic Clutch and lightweight flywheel resulting in nice acceleration and grip through the gears
Replaced OEM clutch line with steel-braided line (nice for AZ weather)
Replaced all engine mounts with new OEM mounts (good to do with high mileage cars when tranny is out)
Lubricated the clutch assembly in engine bay and pedal linkage with Shiatsu grease (got rid of the pedal clicking sound)
Installed Alutec strut bar (nice look and solid mounting points)
Installed Mugen short-throw shifter
Installed Ingalls Engine Torque Damper (worth every penny as it reduces that torque steer and transfer of energy)
Installed Hybrid HT shifter bushings (amazing feel after installation without Mugen upgrade)
Installed Odyssey lightweight AGM battery
Installed K&N Cold Air Intake and replaced the CT Engineering CAI which had lots of fitment issues (I would recommend K&N for sure over the CT CAI – my nephew loves the sound of the K&N)
Cleaned the radiator and fixed all peeling paint
Installed Hella Supertone High Performance Horns with custom harness modification to retain connectivity for OEM horns
Changed fluids including transmission, Mobil 1 synthetic oil/filter, and brake fluid

Wheels/Tires/Brakes
Repaired and powder-coated G Games Sidewinder wheels in satin black (looks stealth even when dirty)
Installed Stop Tech rotors and brake pads
Replaced OEM rubber brake lines with Stop Tech steel-braided lines (consistent modulation)
Replaced Michelins A/S Plus tires with Nitto Motivos (225/45-18 with the right load rating – all season performance with a smooth and quiet ride – must buy for tires)

Interior/Lighting
Replaced damaged Navi Bezel (my cousin had to take everything apart with unit as it is one piece – he did an amazing job)
USA Spec iPod/iPhone interface (love the ability to use my head unit for iPod/iPhone music and it charges it as well)
Replaced all interior lights changed to SMD LED’s including glove box, center storage, and reverse lights
Replaced broken center console storage opening clips
Replaced bulbs for heated seats
Replaced OEM high beam bulbs with Hella H1 bulbs (cheap mod with big visibility)
Replaced OEM low beam bulbs with 6000K HID bulbs (adjusted lights for suspension drop)
Replaced Nokya Yellow Gold fog lights with new OEM housings
Installed 2003 TLS trunk net with grocery hooks
Replaced air cabin filter with FRAM filter

Exterior
Replaced OEM exhaust tips with AP2 S2000 exhaust tips (tig welds for added security - they look awesome)
Custom Euro-R rear duck tail spoiler with matching paint (bolted on – really finished out the car)
Custom OEM front grill with color match except Acura “A” chrome symbol
Polished headlights to remove hazing (they look like new)
All door, hood, and trunk hinges lubricated with Shiatsu grease
Old 02-14-2014, 11:51 PM
TSX4LIFE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold! New owner will bring new life to it...I'm sure of that. Sad after 8 years of owning this one. Well on to the next Acura.

Last edited by 06TSX6M; 02-14-2014 at 11:54 PM.