East Coast Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbznyc
did I say paragon??? oops... I meant Plaza automall...
ok cool, i have heard good things about them, however, paragon is another story i went for a test drive there and won't ever go back
Old 12-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
How come one dealer can give me a date that the car will be built and an estimated delivery, but the one i am dealing with can't tell me anything about the car and if it's on it's way?

does this make any sense to the guys on the board who are dealers?
Well, you seem to be very persistant. I would NOT want to be one day late with you and since the delivery of cars is out of my control, I would estimate long. This way if is tomes early, we have a surprise, if a delay happens, I wouldn't have you calling me twice a day after its supposed to arrive. I think it's abvious that they don't want to give you an exact date.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've been pretty patient..

Originally Posted by Colin
Well, you seem to be very persistant. I would NOT want to be one day late with you and since the delivery of cars is out of my control, I would estimate long. This way if is tomes early, we have a surprise, if a delay happens, I wouldn't have you calling me twice a day after its supposed to arrive. I think it's abvious that they don't want to give you an exact date.

i was patient at first...but the guy i've been dealing with is difficult to reach, and originally told me it would be here end of november. now he says it's been shipped from japan, and that's the latest he knows. i understand it can't be tracked from there to port, and i understand theirs delays, especially around holidays. but my main complaint is the lack of communication. i guess it's becuase he promised it earlier than other dealers, so i was naturally drawn to him, when in fact, he must not have known when he'd have it at all, since now he's saying could be 1, 2, or 3 weeks, no real way of knowing.

i don't want to come across as an impatient customer, i'm actually pleasant to deal with. i just wanted to check with another dealer to see what sort of response i got. i thought it was funny they could tell me the build date of a car they had on order. maybe it's just because i didn't ask my dealer what the build date was, but that got me frustrated, plus the fact that when we called on saturday, he asked if he could call us back, and we didnt hear from him. same thing happened this morning. i'm just anxious to get the car. it would be much easier if he could say more definitively, "december 20th" or whatever it might be. it's ok for me to wait, but it's difficult waiting when there is no approximate end in site.

is anyone else having these issues? are dealers giving you good estimates and ending up being right, or is everyone experiencing delays?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
My car took a little longer than anticipated, but it was only a few days late as opposed to a few weeks.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro

Local dealer here in S'toon has a blue '06 and those rims aren't terribly bad. Saw 'em for the first time. Too bad the dealer doesn't take care of the cars on his lot. There was about an inch of snow all over it. Weak++
Old 12-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

is anyone else having these issues? are dealers giving you good estimates and ending up being right, or is everyone experiencing delays?
I ordered mine from a dinky dealer in NH on Aug. 22. They said it would arrive in mid-November, and stuck with that right into early November, when I called for an update and they were at least able to tell me my build date (10/20).

I didn't hear from my dealer again until about Nov. 22, when they called me to say they expected it today, December 5. But, they called me again last Friday and told me it had just arrived, a few days early.

I don't know if that tells you anything, other than perhaps that there can be good surprises, too. Comparing your experience against mine, I'd say the delays aren't unusual, but their inability to tell you your build date is odd.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
i understand theirs delays, especially around holidays. but my main complaint is the lack of communication.

....maybe it's just because i didn't ask my dealer what the build date was
I always ask my clients how much communication they need from me. "Do you want me to call you twice a day to tell you I have no information? Or Do you want me to only call when I have news?"

I thinkyou should ask what the build date for your car is, they may tell you. They may not depending on the store policy. I cant hurt to ask.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=Irfo]
I didn't hear from my dealer again until about Nov. 22, when they called me to say they expected it today, December 5. But, they called me again last Friday and told me it had just arrived, a few days early.
QUOTE]

Irfo

Did your car arrive as expected? If so, are you still getting the under body kit? If you could post pix, that would be great. I'm sure many of us would like to see the 06 w/ the kit.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Yeah, it's being prepped this week. But I decided to just bring it home stripped except for a clear bra. There's a nasty winter rolling in, three snows already here is a bad sign, and we may be inventing words like snownadoes and blizzacanes before this freaky season's over, if it ever is.

So I'll do her up in the Spring.

A full kit is still too conventional for me (or I wouldn't have gone with PWP anyway), so I'll do something weird like side and back only, to put the new face in yo face, or maybe even side only. I'm liking that thought these days...

PWP, fresh wheels of course (maybe those 'SF High Polish"... at least I like the design, but if they're too high-polished I'll get out the steel wool...), side skirts only, debadged.

I'm after the WTF Factor.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah...

Originally Posted by Colin
I always ask my clients how much communication they need from me. "Do you want me to call you twice a day to tell you I have no information? Or Do you want me to only call when I have news?"

I thinkyou should ask what the build date for your car is, they may tell you. They may not depending on the store policy. I cant hurt to ask.

yeah, but i didnt ask him to call me, he said he'd touch base with me every couple days, said he likes to do that.

so, maybe if he didnt offer me all that communication, i wouldn't be expecting it now.

he did it again tonight. he was looking into getting it off a dealer in the area who supposedly has one. so he told me to call him tonight to check on the status. i called, he was busy, said he'd call back in a few minutes, then i never heard from him. called him a few minutes before 9 and he didnt answer. i would think he would be a bit more proactive.

i'm gonna love the car, but the experience is slightly tainted. makes me wonder what other companies do. and that's not a good thing to be wondering when i'm getting another car.....

but all that aside, i cant wait to get this car!!!

i think i'll just leave him alone for a few days, and see if he calls me.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Instructor

Don't worry... :)

yeah, but i didnt ask him to call me, he said he'd touch base with me every couple days, said he likes to do that.

so, maybe if he didnt offer me all that communication, i wouldn't be expecting it now.

he did it again tonight. he was looking into getting it off a dealer in the area who supposedly has one. so he told me to call him tonight to check on the status. i called, he was busy, said he'd call back in a few minutes, then i never heard from him. called him a few minutes before 9 and he didnt answer. i would think he would be a bit more proactive.

i'm gonna love the car, but the experience is slightly tainted. makes me wonder what other companies do. and that's not a good thing to be wondering when i'm getting another car.....

but all that aside, i cant wait to get this car!!!

i think i'll just leave him alone for a few days, and see if he calls me.

I know it sucks my man... I am like a little kid myself, I called Eva and called her some more... and she was very responsive.... I had so far good experience... I know when the car arrives... Next Week hear I come

Cheer up Brady...