Doh!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:13 AM
"I'm a she"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doh!

So... I got to work early and decided to play around with my navigation, bluetooth and MID settings (i only had the tsx for a week, so i still need to learn stuff about it). I had sensors installed for the factory alarm and I didn't know that changing how the door unlock using the MDI display would alternate my alarm so that it wouldn't disarm my car anymore. So when i stepped out and closed my door and the alarm went off -.- I can't change my settings back coz it won't let me go into the settings anymore. so i'm pretty much stranded. had to call my brother to ask him to bring the other set of keys. hopefully i can change back the settings on the first fob after i disarm the car >_<
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^ lol
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
OUCH.

Are you saying, you can't get in and change driver 1or driver 2 settings because the fob linking is disabled? Read in the manual (if you can't get in the car, there's an FAQ with links them online) about how to turn off and on the keyless fob linking. Pretty much hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together for 2-3 seconds. I think 1 LED blink is enabled, 2 blinks is disabled.

Once in the car (and started; should say "Welcome Driver [1/2]), hold down the INFO button to enter MID customization. There's a DEFAULT ALL option. (2008 manual, p. 90.) I used that this wknd as Driver 2, but I think it resets both drivers.

My 2006 came with a spiral bound "quick start" manual, find that, read it cover to cover, should familiarize you with everything.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 AM
"I'm a she"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidspalding
OUCH.

Are you saying, you can't get in and change driver 1or driver 2 settings because the fob linking is disabled? Read in the manual (if you can't get in the car, there's an FAQ with links them online) about how to turn off and on the keyless fob linking. Pretty much hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together for 2-3 seconds. I think 1 LED blink is enabled, 2 blinks is disabled.

Once in the car (and started; should say "Welcome Driver [1/2]), hold down the INFO button to enter MID customization. There's a DEFAULT ALL option. (2008 manual, p. 90.) I used that this wknd as Driver 2, but I think it resets both drivers.

My 2006 came with a spiral bound "quick start" manual, find that, read it cover to cover, should familiarize you with everything.
That would work... except when I hold the info, the MID just scrolls through screens instead of taking me to the settings. But I just thought of unlinking the fob to disarm the car first. Unfortunately I can't try that right now, I'm at work I can't leave my desk since I'm the receptionist/operator for the company. So I will have to go to my car during my break. If I'm able to disarm my car, I can relink my fob and default the settings.