Does anyone have any tips on getting the cheapest price on a 2006 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any tips on getting the cheapest price on a 2006 TSX?

can someone let me in on some tips on getting the price down i.e, ext color, trims, arguing w/ salesmen...and others
Old 04-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
wow uh is this the new type of posts we are going to get once a week now.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Pit two dealers against each other if you can. Be ready to walk if the deal is not on your terms. Even if you're dying to get the car, pretend that you are indifferent, they will prey on your desperation to 'have it now'.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Instructor

I think the lowest you'll get is $26,550 for a non navi. Thats the deal I got and I honestly think thats the lowest they'll go here in Ca. I could be wrong. But it's the tax and title and kill you.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned

it's a bit like sex > ....just do it, practice, practice, practice, haggle, haggle, haggle..you'll get better
the money is in your pocket, do not act on emotions !
stay cool, don't afraid being an "asshole" or PITA

:NEXT!:
Old 04-03-2006, 01:28 AM
無限 本田 CL9

Patience is the key. Most deals do not close on the same day you walk into the dealership.

Set yourself an upper limit, be firm with it, and prepare for them to call you back in a few days.

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait until Fall just before the 2007's. You can probably get a non navi for 25 and change. You will be limited on color though. I got mine in October and paid $25,295 for a 2005. otherwise just hagle and pit two dealers against eachother.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.fightingchance.com/
Old 04-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rza49311
I bought the info and I am trying to get a tsx at the end of this month..i'll post back if i do and what i paid.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
5th Gear

Tagging this thread for my ref...

I am looking at something similar. This will be my fifth vehicle buying experience. Seems each time, I learn something more.

One thing to remember is patience. Walk away if need be. You may be hot for a car, but know that there is always another one out there. I'm looking at a new '05 on the lot still. It's already at $26,4, and when I go over there tomorrow, I plan on trying to go lower.

Already have my mind made to walk away if they won't. I have a neighbor that buys vehicles like it's a bodily function. He just gets bored with them. His crowning acheivement was trading in a Grand Cherokee a week after buying it and getting more for the trade than he paid!

I may just bring him along as my "negotiator"...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11993

I've tried the "fax attack" technique. It works nicely.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:07 AM
1st Gear

Thumbs up Best negotiation

E-mail 3 local dealers and ask for their best offer. They will try to convice you to phone them or visit them for a test drive. Ignore them. Do not reply to their e-mails the firs time, allow a few days to go by before replying to the second one. Do your research with MSRP, Invoice and fair market value of the car in your area. Stick to your demands, if one dealer offers you a price and you think is reasonable ask the second one if he can bit it. When the second one bits it, ask the third if he can offer a lower price. Never be in a hurry to by the car even if you love it. The trick is before you go to the dealership to be well informed and write everything down. Do not allow the saleperson to fool you with the numbers, trade-in value and financing (the 4 square worksheet). Do not allow 2 salesmen in the negotiation. Test drive the car in another dealership so you do not show your emotions. The dealer if sells you the car at invoice he still makes $837. I am negotiating the price on-line for the past 10 days for a 2006 TSX no navigation. The invoice in my area is 26,051 including $615 in destination fee. The best offer so far is 26,225 by the GM of the dealership. Ask how much is the documentation fee and if there are any additional charges not included in the invoice. If you have a trade-in find out about its value. If you finance through them (have good deals till 5/1/06 if you qualify) try to have a decent down- payment(55%-65% of the value) including your trade-in. Have in mind the dealer makes money at invoice price plus the interest from the loan. If you can afford use cash, gives you more negotiating power. Do not be intimidated by the salesman, walk away. Good Luck to you, me and everyone who is in the same situation!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Great advice...i just got quoted $28,333 on a PWP TSX AT w/ navi on the first email from a Chicagoland dealer. If they lower to $27,800, I will be driving it off their lot.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here is what I did and I think I got a decent price. I did a lot of research on this board and other websites and decided on what car I wanted and how much I wanted to pay. I e-mailed all the Southern California dealers telling them that I will be buying an 04 PWP AT No-navi TSX for $25,000 and that if they have one or can get one and agree to my price I could be at their dealership tomorrow to pick it up with check in hand. I got several e-mail responses with either counter offers or invitations to come to their dealership for a test drive and a talk. But, one dealer (about 120 mi. away) e-mailed me back that he had one coming in 3 days and accepted my offer. I called him up, we talked, and then I faxed him my credit card information as a deposit. That was a Tuesday. I drove there on Friday with my wife and picked up the car.

Some things I think worked in my favor:
a) It was approaching the end of December and I think the dealership wanted to make their end-of-the-month, and end-of-the-year sales numbers.
b) This method cost the salesman next to zero time. No time invested in schmoozing me or taking me on test drives etc.
c) I picked a price that still had some profit left over for the dealership.
d) I think my e-mail got the point accross that I wasn't just a lookie loo but a serious buyer and that if he didn't sell me the car in the next few days than someone else would.
e) The car was in transit and still not on the lot. Selling it avoided any carrying costs for the dealer for it sitting on the lot.

Granted that there are more ATs and thus more inventory to choose from but who's to say that the above method won't work for someone else just as well.

Good Luck
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by paranode
Pit two dealers against each other if you can. Be ready to walk if the deal is not on your terms. Even if you're dying to get the car, pretend that you are indifferent, they will prey on your desperation to 'have it now'.

I agree with paranode.....I notice that you are located in Miami (big city) I assume they have several Acura dealership, I would get qoutes from all of them. If they cannot meet your price don't be afraid to walk out the door......trust me when you go home check your voicemail you'll have several messages from them trying to get you back and make a deal. I experience it first hand when I was living in Miami back in the mid 1990s and got my first Honda (accord) went to several dealership and got the best deal for the car.....took me less than 3 days. Well dude G/L on your purchase!!