DIY: 06-08 EuroR kit installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Not Driving, Just Posting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post DIY: 06-08 EuroR kit installation

After many request one is now available.........

Besides the kit this is what you will need

TOOLS:
Phillips screwdriver
Phillips stubby screwdriver
90 degree Phillips(if you have it will help with the side skirts)
Flat-Tip screwdriver
Ratchet(10mm - Honda bolts & 8mm socket - Pepboys bolts)
Isopropyl alcohol
Shop towel
Torx wrench/Allen wrench set
Needlenose Pliers
Large Blanket
A Friend or 2

HARDWARE:

FROM HONDA:
(10) Spring Clips - {Part # 90305-SM4-00} $1.50 each
They come individually packaged - $15.00 each

FROM PEPBOYS:

(8) Black Trim Screws - {Part # 45861}$1.99 each
They come 3 to a box, so you will need 3 boxes - $5.97 each

(8) Speed Nuts - {Part # 45406}$1.99 each
They come 3 to a box, so you will need 3 boxes - $5.97 each

(10) Body Bolts - {Part # 45595}$1.99 each
They come 2 to a box, so you will need 5 boxes - $9.95 each

(1) Box of Body Moulding - $17.99
(OPTIONAL & RECOMMENDED)

Here's a picture of all the hardware needed - $54.88 total before tax

NOW ONTO THE INSTALLATION:

THE FRONT BUMPER:

STEP 1-3:
Follow the A-SPEC instructions for STEPS 1-3 pictured below

STEP 4 - Removing Duct Covers:(All pics are from the drivers side)
Once the bumper is off the car remove the intake cover by disconnecting the 4 clips CIRCLED in red

Up next is the fog light cover by disconnecting the 6 clips, 5 of which are CIRCLED in red and 1 is out of the picture pointed out by the red ARROW. You will also need to remove the screw in the yellow SQUARE and make sure to keep it

This is what the front of the bumper looks like with both covers off

DO THE SAME THING ON THE OTHER END OF THE BUMPER

STEP 5 - Installing the Speed/Spring Nuts:
First off you need to install the speed/spring nuts onto the ends of the bumpers, for this follow STEP 14 from the Acura A-SPEC instructions below

Make sure to also tap out the holes on the kit itself to make installing it a lot easier.

STEP 6 - Cleaning the Bumper:
Once the speed/spring nuts have been installed clean the surfaces of the bumpers with the Isopropyl alcohol where the double sided tape will connect to the bumper.

STEP 7 - Installing the lip:

After the bumper is clean attach the lip making sure the 2 plastic tabs on the inner part of each fog light housing where the lower grille section is and once the bumper is on the back of the fog light housing will look like this.

The yellow SQUARE in the picture above is where you removed the screw from in STEP 4 and is next to the whole that you need to re-install it into in the picture below it's marked with the blue SQUARE

Here's a close-up of where the screw is placed in the blue SQUARE and where it was factory installed in the yellow SQUARE

DO THE SAME THING ON THE OTHER HOUSING COVER

Once both housing covers are connected it's time to install the black trim screws. In the picture below it's the PASSENGER SIDE this time where I have the tapped hole from STEP 5 on top and a trim screw going through the lip, bumper and into the speed nut on the bottom

This is what the trim screws look like installed

STEP 9 - Installing the Spring Clips:
There are 4 total that need to be installed, 2 of which just need to be moved and installed with 2 factory bolts and 2 new spring clips from Honda installed with the body bolts from Pepboys.

The factory spring clip has the yellow CIRCLE and the new location on the lip that the bolt goes through and the location on the bumper that is behind the black bracket are in the blue CIRCLE

Swap over the parts and use the 10mm socket and you'll have the spring clip and bolt swapped to look like what is in the blue CIRCLE while the factory location is in the yellow CIRCLE

The new spring clips get installed at the end of the bumpers where the other 2 black brackets are. This picture shows the bracket in the blue CIRCLE

First install the NEW Honda spring clip on the bumper that the blue ARROW is pointing out here

Once you install the bolt through the black bracket and the spring clip using the Pepboys body bolt and the 8mm socket it will look like what's in the blue CIRCLE

STEP 9 - Reinstall the Bumper:
To reinstall the bumper on the car follow the A-SPEC instructions for STEPS 1-3 pictured below but in reverse of course and instead of installing the black trim piece you will connect the brackets from the lips with the factory bolts removed with the trim piece in STEP 3

Once the bumper is back on you will need to pull off all 8 of the double sided tape tabs and press firmly on those areas to help them adhere to the bumper. The tabs are in the general directions of there the 8 green ARROWS are pointing at below

STEP 10 - Adding the body molding:(OPTIONAL & RECOMMENDED)
Run the black body molding on the bottom of the bumper along the outer edge of the lip as seen in the blue RECTANGLE below

Once your done running the molding it should look like this, but can you see it?

THE SIDE SKIRTS:
Follow the A-SPEC instructions with the modifications I have made

MY MODIFICATIONS ARE NOTED IN RED

THE REAR BUMPER:

STEP 1-5:
Follow the A-SPEC instructions for STEPS 1-4 and then do STEP 16 which are all pictured below and MAKE SURE TO KEEP ALL THE HARDWARE

STEP 6 - Remove lip screws:
This is a decision you need to make, but when I say these screws and where they would anchor into the bumper I decided to remove them, the screws are CIRCLED in magenta

STEP 7 - Installing Spring Clips:
You will need to install the spring clips onto the bumper, there are 8 total

Below is a picture from the side with the torx screw you would have already removed CIRCLED that needs to be replaced by a spring clip and another spring clip next to it CIRCLED in blue

Now install the 4 spring clips on the back part of the bumper, they are CIRCLED in blue and the one out of the picture is show by the blue ARROW, The clip CIRCLED in yellow and the other yellow circle show you the clips you will re-install with the bumper

STEP 7 - Installing the Lip and Bumper:
Follow the Acura A-SPEC directions below to clean the bumper prior, then install the lip to the bumper followed by the installing the both back onto the car using the body bolts from Pepboys for the body bolts pictured below.

Also, make sure the tabs for the double sided tape are on the outside so you can pull them of once the bumper is secured onto the car.

Then install the black trim screws through the lip, bumper, and the speed/spring nuts you installed using the Acura A-SPEC instructions STEP 16.

Once those are connected re-attach the bumper and once it's secure remove the tabs for the double sided tape and press firmly to let them seal.

I know I don't have a lot of pictures of the in between stuff, but it was a learning process for me and that's why I recommend installing the rear lip while it's off the car unlike myself who did it with it still on the car.

Sean
Old 08-19-2007, 10:00 PM

sorry about posting it in the Performance section, I saw you can't add new posts to the DIY section and I had seen some other DIY int he Performance section before, so I thought why not
Old 08-19-2007, 10:02 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Nice man talk about pricey, on those darn clips.

im guessing xjohndoex will find this helpful.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
Nice man talk about pricey, on those darn clips.

im guessing xjohndoex will find this helpful.
the Honda ones are an average price I got from the online Honda stores

I actually got them for close to a buck each because I have a buddy that works in the Honda Parts Dept in town
Old 08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i should apply that body molding on my front bumper too. it'll protect from scrapping ground
Old 08-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
though it doesn't really help me, congrats on a very comprehensive/detailed/informative diy
Old 08-19-2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by godfather2
though it doesn't really help me, congrats on a very comprehensive/detailed/informative diy
thanks, it took me all day because i started on my home windows PC working on it and I had a Windows Error Report so my computer restarted in the middle.

then i went to my new Macbook and I was 2/3 of the way done and Firefox had an error and shut down

so i went back to my windows PC and after every step was done I save what i had written to a text file on my desktop

talk about a royal pain in the @$$

so this was definitely a blood, sweat and tears effort after cutting my finger trim the molding, sweating in the FL heat doing the install and the computer issues killing me
Old 08-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
^ you're the type of person that keeps me coming back to this site hour after hour. tremendous effort! and talk about modding in the fl heat, i was doing it thursday
Old 08-20-2007, 12:34 AM
no0bIe

Great DIY thread, I'm definetly gonna be adding the body molding to my aspec kit as well...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by godfather2
^ you're the type of person that keeps me coming back to this site hour after hour. tremendous effort! and talk about modding in the fl heat, i was doing it thursday
thanks for the compliment, at least my wife can now see that my sunday wasn't a waste as she was telling me all day

and don't forget I find misguided drivers in Orlando on the way to a Go Kart Track
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Pro

nice diy, i'm still intimidated by all the steps though.. call me a noob and flame me purpleee
Old 08-20-2007, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tsx6363
nice diy, i'm still intimidated by all the steps though.. call me a noob and flame me purpleee
just get a couple of buddies that are a little more car savvy then you and it should be no problem
Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Awesome write-up Sean!! You now need to post up some pics.............Looks like I missed out on the fun.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
Awesome write-up Sean!! You now need to post up some pics.............Looks like I missed out on the fun.
i got the TSX today so I took some pics at work when I got here at 3am

hopefully I can have them up on the boards by the time most sane people are awake
Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
word, i saw this in the 'other' forum.

great diy. very helpful!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Just wanted to say, great info. Thank you for the DIY!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the DIY! It is really gonna come in handy in a few months when I do my car.

Quick question since you have it installed now on your car, what else, besides the fog light vent areas being painted, does the front lip of the Euro R change? It looks to me like it may even make the car look a little lower with more front lip? Is the bottom of the lip wider than stock? Does it add any flare?

thanks!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Reach
Just wanted to say, great info. Thank you for the DIY!
no problem and like i said before sorry for posting it in the wrong forum
Old 08-21-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jayq16
Thanks for the DIY! It is really gonna come in handy in a few months when I do my car.

Quick question since you have it installed now on your car, what else, besides the fog light vent areas being painted, does the front lip of the Euro R change? It looks to me like it may even make the car look a little lower with more front lip? Is the bottom of the lip wider than stock? Does it add any flare?

thanks!
the fog covers are the only parts that are different than stock besides the fact the lip adds a inch or 2 to the bottom of the bumper that does lower the ground clearance

here is my car stock

vs the car with the euroR lip kit on

just compare the thickness of the piece below the lower grille to see how much of a difference it really is
Old 08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Advanced

Wow! that is a nice difference. Looks great! Do you have any pictures of the rear and sides? Do these add to the car's height and flare as well?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:39 PM
where is my garage?!

did the bolts you get have 8mm or 10mm heads? does it matter?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:48 PM
where is my garage?!

lol. nevermind. i found your reference to the 8mm socket.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
lol. nevermind. i found your reference to the 8mm socket.
i tried to note as much as I could and if you don't have a 90 degree phillips a 1/4 phillips bit and a 1/4 wrench will do just fine because that's what I had to do
Old 08-21-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by jayq16
Wow! that is a nice difference. Looks great! Do you have any pictures of the rear and sides? Do these add to the car's height and flare as well?
like side by side for comparison? not yet

but I posted some new pics in the photo gallery forum
Old 08-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Advanced

Thanks found the pics! looks great!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Instructor

Who'd you source your Euro-R kit from?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Populuxe
Who'd you source your Euro-R kit from?
i bought it from marcus at heeltoeauto.com
Old 08-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Is there a "back" to the ducts on the euro kit or are they open?

Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by rza49311
Is there a "back" to the ducts on the euro kit or are they open?
there just like the factory intake duct covers, little black pieces of plastic that can be removed

in this picture you can see the cover from behind and the white tabs are the painted vents of the lips that connect the intake duct cover to the lip. disconnect all of them and it should come right off like the factory one did

Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Racer

I look at heeltoeauto.com for the Euro R and the pictures are kinda misleading... the photos are of the A-spec kit.

Oh well... I'll still be placing my Euro R front lip and progress RSB order soon. I don't have the money for hte whole kit and I think it'll look just fine without the rest of the kit
Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Solid write up! We needed something like this
Old 04-27-2008, 02:47 AM
User with Skills

I know that the 04 TSX oem fog lights didn't fit with the Euro R kit, but with the 06-08 model TSX, is that still the case? I'm having trouble finding information about this as nobody seems to mention wut years some of these mods apply to. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

I thought I would add to this DIY since I just used it for my install. I couldn't find all of the body bolts (part # 45595) from any of the auto part stores here. I could only find two boxes at the local Pep Boys, but you need 5 boxes for the install. Instead of using those bolts, I picked up similar bolts that also fit. They are made by the same company, except the part # is 45594. You can also pick up these bolts from Honda, but they run about $3 PER BOLT. These boxes of two are about $2 each so you are saving quite a bit.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ZildJonKim
I know that the 04 TSX oem fog lights didn't fit with the Euro R kit, but with the 06-08 model TSX, is that still the case? I'm having trouble finding information about this as nobody seems to mention wut years some of these mods apply to. Thanks in advance!
06+ use the stock fogs.