dent....................

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005 | 05:10 PM
HOWARD911S

dent....................

just found out while washing car today, there is a small dent on the right passenger door at the lower half of the door.. not real visible unless i look for it and wont see it unless i look at it at 30-45 degree angle with light reflection.......but affect my mood never the less....

I know i can get it fixed with dent wizard for maybe around 100 to 150 bucks... just need opinion.. its not real visible. but visible to car owner.. would u guys fix it? or just let it go and forget about it gradually..?

and one question....its a lower half of the door. but dent wizard would probably still need to remove the inside door panel to get to it and fix it.. would you guys do it. and know how much risk is involved in such operation? thanks!
Old 08-27-2005 | 05:35 PM
Instructor

no car is perfect...there is always something wrong with it. My car ran over a piece of retread tire on the freeway...it scratched the right bottom plastic skirt of the car. You can see the white scratches show through the paint, but i'll touch up some paint some day, and the rear bumper had 3 scratch marks from the shopping cart from some stupidfuks that let it ran down the slainted hill. Welcome to the club...i know when i got these dents or scratches i know the car will settle down and dont worry about any more dents...but from time to time i am still look back at my car twice after i parked it or park far away from crowded places...
Old 08-27-2005 | 05:37 PM
Instructor

if i were you...dont worry about it...let it go..fix some thing that is worth it..
Old 08-27-2005 | 05:37 PM
HOWARD911S

tell me about it. i already ran over a retarded blown tire on the fwy before and dented my right passenger door big time and scratched under body plastic.. actually the side ones.. and i got those fixed.. spend couple hudnred bucks.. now this dent again .. but i suppose it will settle down.. thx
Old 08-28-2005 | 12:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Howard911s
tell me about it. i already ran over a retarded blown tire on the fwy before and dented my right passenger door big time and scratched under body plastic.. actually the side ones.. and i got those fixed.. spend couple hudnred bucks.. now this dent again .. but i suppose it will settle down.. thx
Sometimes the piece of mind is worth it to fix it.
Old 08-28-2005 | 01:57 PM
6MT & LSD

I would just live with it, unless paint was chipped. I thought most paintless dent repair shops charged around 30-50 for a small ding/dent, no?

btw, @ your two threads... I saw "Riot!" and right below that, "dent......" and couldn't help but laugh.
Old 08-28-2005 | 02:16 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by ndx2
I would just live with it, unless paint was chipped. I thought most paintless dent repair shops charged around 30-50 for a small ding/dent, no?

btw, @ your two threads... I saw "Riot!" and right below that, "dent......" and couldn't help but laugh.
ha! can u say my life is full of drama and uncertainty!
and no... no paint was chipped and I would have to look for it to find it.. so ill let that one slide for now..and see how it goes...

and damn i was driving just now.. and at the corner of my eyes i saw a red object get bigger and bigger i look left. HOLY SHIT white haired grandma decided to change to my lane when i am directly parallel to her...i sped up and changed lane to avoid her.. and guess what!!! she HONKED at me and mad at me.. i was like WTF Grandma.. chill out... ..... ....

U know what.. i think it must be the same grandma that dented my car