decisions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
decisions

Before I start I would like to say I'm highly considering the TSX and will most likely purchase one real soon. I understand I need to drive it to get the feel for the car but I want others views before I go in. I have had a 1996 mitsu eclipse base model. I find it to be fairly quick or decent off the line. Is there anyone that was in the same situation that I'm in (going from Eclipse non-turbo to the TSX). If so can you all please tell me how you all feel about the speed of the car. Is it faster than my Eclipse would be? I had lots of fun in my eclipse even though it wasnt very fast. I only drive manuals by the way. A lot of peopel are saying that the TSX is slow, but how would it compare to my Eclipse? Is it faster or slower? I personally am a big fan of Honda engines. Does the vtec kick in at a certain rpm where you can feel a little bit of a rush? If anyone can please describe or be helpful at all I's greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot fellas.

Also alot people say that this car has good pull on the freeway? Is there truth to this? Does it actaully feel good or liek your accelerating?
Old 05-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

can't say I've driven a base eclipse, is your's 2nd gen or 3rd gen?

IMO the TSX isn't great off the line, as you will get a lot of wheel hop launching. But once you are rolling, it really feels like 200HP, so that should be an improvement over your eclipse.

The TSX really excels on the highway because of the 6 speed. It will pull in 6th uphill great. I'd have to say it will definately feel faster than a base eclipse.

And the Honda iVtec does not feel like Vtec, there is a kickin point at 6100 however its not a big change or rush like say a Prelude or Integra GSR. And it redlines at 7100 so you don't get to use it much. But the engine feels great and super smooth.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks Xizor I appreciate the info!
Old 05-22-2004, 02:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
To add to Xizor's comments, the TSX really feels a lot more powerful that people give it credit for once you're moving. It's amazing how quickly the car can accelerate from 5-30 mph or from 30-70mph. It feels like there is more power than there should be given the small displacement and lack of two cylinders.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:11 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Compared to your Eclipse, the TSX will blow your mind. Handles great too.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Cruisin'

Alright thanks soo much ffellas I'm leaving right now acutally to go test drive one. Ill let you know what I thought! Appreciate all the comments.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Orangeblood

The TSX just rocks "at speed." It's a tad boggy off the line, but once you get rolling, its smooth and pulls nice. Even at 3000 rpm at 70 in 6th it is abundantly apparent that it is ready to go higher and higher. This is my 6MT observation.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Cruisin'

finally got to drive it yesterday!

Alright guys the verdict is in! I drove a white 6MT and yes it does have enough power, but it is still pretty slow. My eclipse is probably a little faster or at least it feels that way. As far as fit and finish goes the car is solid. I dont think ive ever been in such a high quality vehicle in my life. It has everything imaginable as well. So quality and handling wise the car rocks. Ive never driven in a 4 door that handled so well until I drove the Evo VIII afterwards that is. Wow that is one very fast car by the way and has the handling to go along with it. Plain and simple that was the most fun car I've ever driven. The 350Z cannot compare to it at all. Oh and also after the TSX i drove a 6MT Acura TL as well and man that thing flies with the manual and the handlign while not as tight as the TSX's was plenty enough for me. So it looks liek I will be picking up a TL in the near future with 6 speed only though! It did have torque steer but it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be and I wont be drag racing off the line, so it is more than enough for me. I also drive both the G35 Sedan and coupe 6MT's. I personally believe the coupe is way overrated at least now that it. Before going in I was so pysched. I jsut plain hated the sedan. The interior was just horrible and felt really cheap, but it does handle really well and had decent pull. The coupe has been my favorite car for a while, but when i drove it everythign changed. The car looks spectacular on the outside but jsut plain sucks with the interior feeling. It felt ridiculously cheap and not worth 35 grand whatsoever. I actually came away pretty sad bc that was initially what I wanted to get. Oh well now I can get a TL that feels soo tight and fast and still retains its luxury! Thanks so much fellas for your thoughts! I hope I didnt offend anyone, there are just my opinions I came away with. I did love the TSX and still might get it if I dont feel like spending over 30 grand, but I just need more power. It still is a great car for the price though and hats off to anyone that owns one. Sorryto amke this long jsut thought you all would like to hear this as fellow car enthusiasts! Peace!