Dealer recommendations in New England?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer recommendations in New England?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences at any dealerships in the New England area. I live in Rhode Island, so my local dealerships are Inskip and First Acura. I would be willing to travel a little bit if someone had a really great experience somewhere a little further away.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, ddipetrillo
This may not be much help, but…
I bought my ’04 from Acura of Boston in October of ’03, for two reasons: the car I wanted (NHB, 6MT, no nav) was en route to the dealership (due to arrive within a couple of weeks). That was important because I had a buyer for the car I was selling, and he wanted/needed to make the purchase ASAP. The wait for delivery at the Acura dealership closest to me, Clair Acura in Walpole (10 minutes away vs. 45 mins. for Acura of Boston), would have been considerably longer. Also, Acura of Boston was willing to sell me the TSX for, if I’m remembering correctly three years later, about $1,000 less than Clair wanted. Add those two factors together and you’ve got yourself an easy decision.
Also, I had bought from Acura of Boston once before – WAY before. Twenty years ago this month, when the Acura brand was in its first year, my wife and I bought an Integra at Acura of Boston, which may have been the only Acura dealership in New England at the time. I believe A of B has always been the biggest dealership, volume-wise, in New England.
(The service manager at Clair, which is where I’ve been going for service, because of the convenience factor, recently told me that A of B had slipped and no longer was #1, but I find that hard to believe.)
I think chances are pretty good that Acura of Boston will turn out to be your best bet when it comes to price and availability/wait time. (You could try dealing with them on the phone or via the Internet before making the drive up there.)
Regardless of where you buy, you can always go to the dealer closest to your home or job (Inskip?) to get the car serviced.
Good luck with the purchase and the car.
(By the way, that first-gen Integra was a very pleasing car. Just like the TSX, it was an outstanding value – a great car for the money. I’m trying to remember how little it cost at the end of 1986. Must’ve been around $11,000.)
One other thing: I should let you know that I’ve been satisfied with my service dealings at Clair. The service manager has been very good to deal with.