Dealer Rant

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Rant

When I bought my TSX last week it only came with one key. They told me to come back to get another key made as well as they would detail the car. So I call on Mon. and arrange to bring the car in on Tue. I call again on Tue. to confirm and explain I'm on a tight schedule but they tell me it won't take long and I should wait. After an hour they bring my car around to the front (all nice and clean) but they don't inform me it's ready yet. So 15 min. go by and I start asking around if it's ready, they tell me they still need to make the key it'll just be another min. Another 15 min. go by and they tell me that it takes a comp. tech. to program the key for the TSX and it will take an hour but they don't have a tech. available right now and to come back another day!!! :wtf:

I'm getting ready to call the dealer and bitch them out. Should they not have planned for this since they knew I was comming? Basically I spent an hour and a half at the dealer for nothing other then for them to wash and wax it.

Can anyone confirm it take an hour to program the key?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by MikesRSX
When I bought my TSX last week it only came with one key. They told me to come back to get another key made as well as they would detail the car. So I call on Mon. and arrange to bring the car in on Tue. I call again on Tue. to confirm and explain I'm on a tight schedule but they tell me it won't take long and I should wait. After an hour they bring my car around to the front (all nice and clean) but they don't inform me it's ready yet. So 15 min. go by and I start asking around if it's ready, they tell me they still need to make the key it'll just be another min. Another 15 min. go by and they tell me that it takes a comp. tech. to program the key for the TSX and it will take an hour but they don't have a tech. available right now and to come back another day!!! :wtf:

I'm getting ready to call the dealer and bitch them out. Should they not have planned for this since they knew I was comming? Basically I spent an hour and a half at the dealer for nothing other then for them to wash and wax it.

Can anyone confirm it take an hour to program the key?
They should be able to make/program your key without you being there. They should just have it waiting for you to pick up at your convenience.

Why did it come with only one key? Did they lose it? Did you get the set w/the Valet key?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Cruisin'

They lost it. I did get the valet key and two remotes.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Drifting

sucks, sorry to hear that. the dealership should have never released the car with only 1 regualr key. you're right, they should've also made sure they had the tech if they needed one to make the key. the service dept. deserves a good bitching-at. speak to the service manager if you haven't already. and corbs is right, you shouldn't have to inconvenience yourself further for their screwups.

sorry, don't know how long it takes to make a key.

btw, what dealership was this?
Old 11-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
Originally Posted by sleeper
sucks, sorry to hear that. the dealership should have never released the car with only 1 regualr key.
Why people take delivery of incomplete cars is beyond me.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Racer

My moddo is... The more you bitch and complain, the more free stuff you get.... If they are assholes they need to compensate you.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:24 PM
5th Gear

delivery incomplete

Hey-

i agree it is very important that you address issues before taking delivery. When i went in to pick up my TSX, it was late evening and only a few sales folks were around. Our guy brought us into the repair bay because it was cold out and wanted to go over the car there- that was a good start, my wife appreciated the gesture especially. unfortunately, when i got in the car and started it up to go for that last test drive before we signed, my wife noticed that the passenger headlight was out. Needless to say, people were upset, and try as he might the salesman could find no one still in the building who had any idea what was wrong. We left- i wasn't taking the car that way and he assured me he'd call in the AM. He did- it turned out that the bulb had been removed and never replaced. Boneheaded, but not the salesman's fault- it's not his job to do that part of the prep, i don't think. Anyway, we came back that afternoon and all was fine. The dealer gave us complimentary wheel locks for our inconvenience, and i thought that was fine too. The salesman was genuinely sorry, and i could tell he was angry and embarassed (sp?). This all took place at Hillside Acura in Bayshore, NY, and whereas i would have liked to get an apology from whatever individual was personally responsible, i'd still give the dealership a thumbs up so far. Sometimes it's the little stuff (good or bad) that makes all the difference.

Kav
Old 11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Cruisin'

This was at Cerritos Acura. And I wouldn't necessarily call one missing key an "incomplete" car. I did take care of this issue before delivery, they agreed make me another key and detail the car when I came back. As pissed off and inconvenienced I am, I'd still rather be keyless than carless. I just didn't expect them to be so incompetent.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Racer

that happened to me too, but when i was picking up the car the service department was closed, so i went the next business day and got a fresh cut key and programed in like 15 mins. it was at santa monica.

I didnt like the service from cerritos, they didnt treat me like a valued customer. they treated me like some kid who was just check out cars.