Dealer gives up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer gives up!

I can't turn off my maintainence indicator! I read the manual and did what it says to do, still didn't work. I brought it to the dealer and they couldn't turn it off and told me "we can't do anything about it". What kinda BS is this?? What am i gonna do now? I'm stuck with the maintainence indicator!! I'm so pissed. Oh and another thing, i told the guy i was gonna bring back a list of things that another dealer did for a guy on here to fix the rattles. But i can't find it, anyone know where to find it?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Advanced

Did you try holding the button on the cluster for 7 secs and at the same time turning on the car? if you did and it didnt work then take it to another Acura dealership.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
call acura customer relations......
Old 02-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Zapata
call acura customer relations......
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my experience with Acura CSR's are any indication of the group as a whole... they'll tell you that it's your fault and to live with it.

Do what I did... take it to a different dealer.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:54 PM
ABP TSX

Originally posted by Crazytree
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my experience with Acura CSR's are any indication of the group as a whole... they'll tell you that it's your fault and to live with it.

This smells like can of elephant $hit . . . I have no had to deal with the dealer yet on a specific problem, but I hope to not have this kind of experience. I am beginning to think that Hyundai service departments are better than Acura from all of the stories.

I know this was CS but damn, that is still not good news.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Crazytree

What did you call them regarding?
Old 02-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
SilverCr, please call Acura Headquarters. Check out the FL "lemon" law and see if you will qualify. Once you have got your facts, then present it to this dealer again. I think that if you write to the Acura Headquarters it's more powerful than just calling them.

Good luck.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Zapata
What did you call them regarding?
Rattles. They had a simple solution for me: install smaller speakers. Idiots.

Originally posted by ostrich
Check out the FL "lemon" law and see if you will qualify.
Most "Lemon Laws" only apply when the defect materially interferes with the normal use of the vehicle. A bad lamp does not materially interfere with the normal use of the vehicle.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

crazytree,
ah hmmmmm. Agreed, some HCR can't do much but this is a little different as the light is a electronic issue?
Old 02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Banned

I guess the better question would be what would they be able to do about it?

If I were the OP I would write letters and make calls to the dealer using language like this:

...the fact that the Maintenance Lamp is permanently illuminated poses several problems. First and foremost among these is the fact that if a serious problem should arise in the future, I may not be made aware of the problem until the damage has made the car undrivable. I am concerned about the safety issues that may be posed by driving an unsafe vehicle on the highway without any knowledge that a potentially life-threatening system failure may be imminent. I hope that Acura will be able to EXERCISE REASONABLE CARE in helping to resolve this issue in the immediate future. Thank you in advance for your attention to this most important matter...

Old 02-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Race Director

wtf kind of acura customer service is this?

i had the same problem before in my Accord and I couldn't turn it off either. when i went to the Honda dealer I told them my problem and they were able to turn it off, no bs or questions asked.

hey maybe u can try to go to a honda dealer, maybe they can turn it off for you?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:26 PM
fhwagads

Dont you guys have the TLC (total luxury care) packagewith your dealers? My dealer told me when I bought the car that if I needed to bring the car in more than 3 times for the same problem that they would consider giving me a new TSX. You should read up on the TLC brouchure
Old 02-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by FuriousGeorge83
My dealer told me when I bought the car that if I needed to bring the car in more than 3 times for the same problem that they would consider giving me a new TSX.
My initial reaction is that your dealer was exaggerating... that the "3x rule" only applies to problems that materially affect the normal usage of the car... this sounds alot like the Lemon Law language that I was referring to earlier.

Heck if there is a 3x rule... I win a free TSX tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Instructor

Hey guys, thanks for ur replies. I would bring it to another dealer, but the problem is, there is only one acura dealer in my town. If i wanted to bring it to another dealer, i would have to drive 2 hours. So i called acura customer relations and filed a complaint, and they are in the process of reviewing my case. I will let u all know how it turns out.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Cruisin'

I also live in FL. When you purchased your TSX, or any new car for that matter, you should have recieved a booklet that contains info about the Lemon Law in FL.

It basically says that if the problem "substantially impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle", then the lemon law applies.

The jest is the dealer has 3 attempts to fix the problem. If they can't get it done, contact the manufacturer and they have a final attempt to fix the defect. If the manufacturer can't fix it you either get a refund or a new vehicle.

There is another way that the refund or new car can occur, it has to deal with total days in shop to fix defect.

Hope this helps
Old 03-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Don't listen to me.

Originally posted by SilverCr
Hey guys, thanks for ur replies. I would bring it to another dealer, but the problem is, there is only one acura dealer in my town. If i wanted to bring it to another dealer, i would have to drive 2 hours. So i called acura customer relations and filed a complaint, and they are in the process of reviewing my case. I will let u all know how it turns out.
Good luck!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Mr. T
I also live in FL. When you purchased your TSX, or any new car for that matter, you should have recieved a booklet that contains info about the Lemon Law in FL.
Where in FL do you live? When i bought my car, i didn't receive a lemon law booklet...and no one at the dealer went over it with me. Could it be that they didn't take me seriously as i am a young college guy?
Old 03-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Banned

If you think the OP is going to get a new car because a lamp won't go out... then you're wrong.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Cruisin'

First of all, if you didn't read the original post Crazy he said it was his maint. light. If you read my post I quoted a booklet I recieved. IMO this goes along the line of saftey, possibly a small stretch.

Silver I live in Gainesville and am also a student. I can't recall if they went over the entire booklet with me, but if I remember correctly I had to sign something saying I was notified about the law. I don't see any web address on this booklet but the title is "Consumer Guide to the Florida Lemon Law". Maybe you could google it and see what you get back.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Banned

They're going to say the maintenance light is a "courtesy feature" and does not in any way affect the safe and normal operation of the vehicle. And they would be right.