DC auto body shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC auto body shops

Hello all,

Bad news: A pedestrian ran out in front of my car tonight while I was attempting to drive through an intersection (w/ a green light) and going about 25 miles/hour. I was only going about 10 or 15 miles/hour when he collided with my front bumper/hood/windshield. I slammed on the brakes and veered to the left as much as possible without going into oncoming traffic.

Good news: The pedestrian, after rolling up my hood, and landing on my windshield, is okay. According to the paramedic, he was walking around, and declined medical assistance on the site.

I'm going to definitely need a new windshield, as it's caved in to the point of almost busting all the way in on the passenger's side. Also, my hood has a small dent on the front left side and the bumper has scuff marks.

Does anyone have recommendations as far as DC body shops, and those with particular emphasis on Hondas/Acuras? I have State Farm Insurance, and I know they have this "Service First" listing of body shops. The police officers who responded to the accident mentioned that the pedestrian admitted to running out in front of my car, and that he would be "buying me a new windshield." However, I'd like someone to really take a good look at the hood, et. al., as I do think the hood is dented.

Overall, I'm just glad the guy is okay. However, I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
damn...

And seriously, I hate the pedestrians around here. They just kinda stroll out into the street and don't really pay attention to the traffic lights or oncoming cars. More than a few times lately that I've seen people nearly get run over because they were stupid. Lucky for this guy that he was okay, but I imagine that it's only a matter of time before something more serious happens to him.

Glad to hear nothing was damaged severely. Good luck finding a body shop.