DC Area 2006 TSX Owners....Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DC Area 2006 TSX Owners....Question

Who did you get quotes from and for how much? You can send me a private message if you want.

The reason I am asking is because I just got back from Radley looking at what the price for a TSX w/navi (AT) would cost using one of those car buying services. From the book, I was told it would be $28,980 + TTL (they would throw in the mats and trunk tray). Based on what I've read here, I can get about $700 less through dealing (that's a good amount of money). The guy did tell me that if Radley gave someone a better deal than that, all I had to do was give them a name and they would match it. (Thanks jpt for telling me your experience!) I'm starting to do the quote thing from other dealers, but if I can get Radley to match so that it comes to about $28,200 + TTL, then I would rather go with them. That would make it something like $28k plus their doc fees. Has anyone gotten that from Radley for a 2006? Or any suggestions on where to get internet quotes around that price that I can take to Radley? They have exactly what I want coming in around March 15th.

Thanks for the help! I've learned sooooooo much being on here.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

dont get a quote, just go in and start negotiating, thats what i did and i get all my options for about half price with installation
Old 02-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep. Just have a fair price in mind and stick to it. You should be able to get 28,2 without any problems, and if you press maybe 1 or 2 hundred less. If you break into the <28k range pre TTL then you're doing superb. But to start with, the dealer would be crazy not to take 28,2 and Radley is a very amenable dealership. Best of Luck.

I bought at Chevy Chase myself (Its so close to me) for 28,2 with a few freebies.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

radley is the #2 volume dealer on the east coast, so its not so hard to negotiate your price, they move so much through there, even the TSX's
Old 02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DC_TSX
radley is the #2 volume dealer on the east coast, so its not so hard to negotiate your price, they move so much through there, even the TSX's
Well, the guy I was dealing with said that they were getting 20-something TSX's in by the middle of March. I know I can get to the price I am willing to pay, I just need some ground to stand on in the negotiations. I'm a pretty intense haggler, but I'd rather just get some kind of great quote to bring to them to start the negotiations. I've already been told that they'll match anything they've already sold to someone. I would just have to produce a name so they could verify the price. If I get quotes from other dealers of $28k, then I'm sure I can wiggle them down to that since their doc fee is so high. I'm definitely not paying the $29k.

I would also like a strong case since I'm a girl in her 20's buying a car. I'm exactly the demographic they think they can screw. Not on my watch!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:53 AM
send me a link to JDM??

I bought from Radley and got a really good price. Just go in there with a price in your mind and don't let up. Radley is def the place to buy from though, with the free oil changes, etc. you really get your money's worth.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Intermediate

Well...I emailed all around the DC area for quotes last night and got a call this morning from Tischer. The internet guy was really nice over the phone and right away told me $28,096 + 99 doc + TTL. Not bad at all for an internet quote. I'm going to head up there on Sat. to talk to the guy and see how they compare to Radley in terms of service and what they offer. Radley is great, but if someone else beats them by a ton of money...I think I can pay for my own oil changes. We'll see. But the Tischer quote is exactly what I want to get Radley down to...$28,200 + TTL. We'll see what happens.

Has anyone here dealt with Tischer in Laurel, MD before?
Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't want to drive up from Reston to Laurel every time you want service. The salesman you talked to will tell you they can't match the price unless you get a quote in writing, but this is just a scare tactic. It's virtually impossible to get a dealer to give you a signed quote without you signing it yourself. More importantly though, why should you have to do that work for Radley? Just tell the salesman at Radley that you have several different quotes and if he won't give you 28,2 you're walking. They'll do it.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by vbgirl76
Well...I emailed all around the DC area for quotes last night and got a call this morning from Tischer. The internet guy was really nice over the phone and right away told me $28,096 + 99 doc + TTL. Not bad at all for an internet quote. I'm going to head up there on Sat. to talk to the guy and see how they compare to Radley in terms of service and what they offer. Radley is great, but if someone else beats them by a ton of money...I think I can pay for my own oil changes. We'll see. But the Tischer quote is exactly what I want to get Radley down to...$28,200 + TTL. We'll see what happens.

jmathew34, another local DC area member, had his 04 TSX screwed up by the service department at Tischer. Not to say that this wasn't an isolated incident, but just one of the bad things I've heard about Tischer.

And honestly, if you take those numbers and call up Radley again, I'd bet they would be willing to match it.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:54 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

from my experience with radley, you should be able to get that price and you dont need a quote to do it. I think your not readin what was said before. They are the #2 volume dealer on the east coast. they are going to be able to give you one of the best deals as well since there profit revolves more around volume than individual sales as it might at a smaller dealer. If you go in with a price that may be a little lower than you would pay, you will be fine. There isnt a real need to haggle and some of the sales staff have told me that they prefer when people just coming in knowing there figures and the price they want, it makes it a lot easier on them. plus, your not really dealing with the sales guy that much, your price is going to be based more off of the business manager that handles the financing of the car. I know that was long winded, but i dont think you could do any better than Radley on the east coast.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
jmathew34, another local DC area member, had his 04 TSX screwed up by the service department at Tischer. Not to say that this wasn't an isolated incident, but just one of the bad things I've heard about Tischer.

And honestly, if you take those numbers and call up Radley again, I'd bet they would be willing to match it.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by DC_TSX
from my experience with radley, you should be able to get that price and you dont need a quote to do it. I think your not readin what was said before. They are the #2 volume dealer on the east coast. they are going to be able to give you one of the best deals as well since there profit revolves more around volume than individual sales as it might at a smaller dealer. If you go in with a price that may be a little lower than you would pay, you will be fine. There isnt a real need to haggle and some of the sales staff have told me that they prefer when people just coming in knowing there figures and the price they want, it makes it a lot easier on them. plus, your not really dealing with the sales guy that much, your price is going to be based more off of the business manager that handles the financing of the car. I know that was long winded, but i dont think you could do any better than Radley on the east coast.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Intermediate

You guys have been extremely helpful. And thanks for the heads up about Tischer. I will let you know what happens. I just have to make sure that I pick the color combo that I will love in the long term. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards RBP w/Parchment. I'm very excited.

Now for financing...have any of you done it through the dealer? I was told it's 4.9% right now, which is pretty much what my credit union is.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Instructor

I went to Tischer to test drive a TSX because they were about the closest to my home, travel time wise. They first tried to interest me in a used car. Then the salesman demanded my home phone number before I could test drive a new TSX. Mind you, he already had my license in hand. I explained it was unlisted and that they could have my email or my cell phone but they said without the home phone I could not test drive a car. Since I had already done so at two other dealers who took my email or office number, I left never to return. Small issue but it showed their attitude towards making the customer happy.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

avoid Ticher at all costs. They were rude to me over the phone and hung up on me after too many questions. Both Rosenthal and Chevy Chase subsequently told me that I could expect rude service and bad deals if I went there. My is Radley first (so many people got good experiences there) and Chevy Chase next (where I bought from, good deal, good people, close to home). Rosenthal is good for deals, they're high volume like Radley, but I had bad sales experiences there and their service department is of suspect quality and they have a crappy loaner/service schedule program.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
When it comes down to price, all things being equal the MD dealers usually win since they always have a lower doc fee - $100 vs. $250+ for most VA dealers. If you're looking to squeeze that last $100 out of the deal a MD might be your best bet - otherwise Radley is probably the place. Seems like 28K is the magic number to aim for.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 PM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i bought my '04 RSX and my '05 TSX from Radley, same guy. Chevy Chase (only DC Acura dealer easily accessible by metro rail) wouldn't budge on the price, and Pohanka apparently likes to play games with bait-and-switch and bullying tactics in the final room with the finance guy. Chevy Chase salesmen like to use that doc fee as an incentive to buy there, but the best they could do was $1,800 over on my RSX and $1,000 more on my TSX.

my '04 RSX 5spd w/ leather: $19,100 out the door
my '05 TSX 6spd w/ nav: $27,400 out the door

booyeah.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Well, I still like Chevy Chase, and the $99 doc fee can't be beat for a dealer. I bought from there and had no problems negotiating, I got a good price, and I'm afraid I may have even left an extra $200 or so on the table with how easily the salesman agreed to my price after my initial offer. CC and Radley seem like the places to go IMO.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Go to RADLEY's! I own both 2005 TLand 2006 TSX. I have dealt with almost every dealer in the area. Tishser and Rothenthal are the worst IMO. If you want a good deal, go to Radleys, and see Mohomod(sp) and tell him MR WEST sent you. Your deal will go smooth from there
Old 02-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Go to RADLEY's! I own both 2005 TLand 2006 TSX. I have dealt with almost every dealer in the area. Tishser and Rothenthal are the worst IMO. If you want a good deal, got to Radleys, and see Mohomod(sp) and tell him MR WEST sent you. Your deal will go smooth from there
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

Originally Posted by dwest1023
Go to RADLEY's! I own both 2005 TLand 2006 TSX. I have dealt with almost every dealer in the area. Tishser and Rothenthal are the worst IMO. If you want a good deal, got to Radleys, and see Mohomod(sp) and tell him MR WEST sent you. Your deal will go smooth from there

i agree, you could tell them chris clark gave you a good reccomendation, i have great repor(sp?) with him, my deal went smoothly and he said to send anyone i know his way.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

Good Morning Everyone.

This weekend I am planning to test drive a 06 TSX w/ NAVI at Radley Acura. I have done a lot of research over the last few months and even tested an 05 TSX in August. I plan on buying sometime in the next two weeks and want to be able to get around 28200 +TTL. This will be my first car buying experience also. Does anyone know what Radley's doc fee is and how muc does TTL usually run for 28200????

A little nervous and real excited.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Hey, I paid that price for the same car in MD, with 5% tax @ 1410, you're looking at 29,610. $99 doc fee + tags and license fees brought it even further north to like 29,900ish in the end. I stayed just south of 30k. I'm sure some fees in virginia will be different, but I believe your tax is the same, so the amount shouldn't vary tooooo much.

Advice: 28,2 is good, but don't settle, I wish now I could have gotten maybe 2-300 more off. Radley may be willing to go even cheaper! Start at like 27,8 and wiggle up a little if you have to. If he asks you to go higher than 28,2 in the end, just walk away, tell him you'll buy it from Rosenthal (not really). You'll get your deal the second time if it comes down to it.

Best of luck!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks SOOOOO Much. I was going to really low ball the dealer with 27500, but I was thinking that may make him angry and then he maynot try to give me a fair/good deal.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:20 AM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reach
Hey, I paid that price for the same car in MD, with 5% tax @ 1410, you're looking at 29,610. $99 doc fee + tags and license fees brought it even further north to like 29,900ish in the end. I stayed just south of 30k. I'm sure some fees in virginia will be different, but I believe your tax is the same, so the amount shouldn't vary tooooo much.

Advice: 28,2 is good, but don't settle, I wish now I could have gotten maybe 2-300 more off. Radley may be willing to go even cheaper! Start at like 27,8 and wiggle up a little if you have to. If he asks you to go higher than 28,2 in the end, just walk away, tell him you'll buy it from Rosenthal (not really). You'll get your deal the second time if it comes down to it.

Best of luck!
i thought MD car tax was still 3%? maybe i'm wrong. i paid 3% in VA, but the doc fee was $250. i don't know if you can get them to budge on that. you're better off just going with an out-the-door price.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Reach

Best of luck!
My suggestion is that before doing any numbers with Radley...get quotes from other places. That will help you get the price you want. You can easily get quotes for $28-28.2k from the other dealers in the area. It just helps get you leverage.

And so you know...VA tax is 3% and the doc fee is $289 at Radley. Rip off in my opinion since it's only $99 at the MD dealers.

I still haven't gotten my TSX, but the time is getting closer.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

My suggestion is that before doing any numbers with Radley...get quotes from other places. That will help you get the price you want. You can easily get quotes for $28-28.2k from the other dealers in the area. It just helps get you leverage.

And so you know...VA tax is 3% and the doc fee is $289 at Radley. Rip off in my opinion since it's only $99 at the MD dealers.

I still haven't gotten my TSX, but the time is getting closer.

all i can tell you is that i went in with no quote and got the price that i wanted, so take that for what its worth.