Curry Acura (Scarsdale, NY) Rant

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curry Acura (Scarsdale, NY) Rant

Hey guys,

I am just here to share something that happened to my 07 TSX.

Last week I went to Curry Acura in Scarsdale, NY to get my oil changed on my 07 TSX. Right off the bat the advsiors told me I can wait for it since it would only take about an hour. My appointment was at 8AM and I only got out of there at 11AM after they claimed they had to finish up a few jobs first but whatever that was cool I didn't mind it much.

Fast foward to yesterday...

I am coming home from school and driving on the highway and notice that my car is smoking a bit from under the hood and didn't think much of it since a truck was in front and I thought the smoke was coming from his truck. Basically I get off the highway and am at a red light and notice my temperature gauge is going up a bit and that my car is smoking ALOT. I turn off the motor right away and popped the hood to see that ALL of the oil is coming out but I wasn't sure of where. I called Roadside assistance and they sent a tow truck and my car was towed to Acura of Westchester in Larchmont, NY (that is the original dealer where I purchased the car). The dealer calls me a few hours later saying that the when the put the car on the lift they found NO DRAIN plug and the oil filter was leaking from the gasket. I asked if they thought any damage was caused to the motor but they doubted it since they said the plug was not tight enough and with heat/vibrations it fully came off. I also think no damage was caused because as soon as the "low engine oil" light came on I turned the car right off. Anyways, I am just ranting at HOW can a tech leave a drain plug loose and a oil filter leaking? You would think that he would care about it a little more. I called Curry Acura to let them know about what happened and they did not seem to care and offered no sympathy for the situation at all. The service manager did not even bother to apologize he simply said "well Larchmont dealer will take care of it".

I am just glad that I did not have to pay for anything and I know for sure if I was not to notice this right away and let the engine run for a bit longer they'd be paying to rebuild my motor!

In the end.. I am not saying don't go to Curry but just make be cautious on what they do since I fell victim to carelessness.

Thanks guys,
Dinis
Old 12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

the sad thing is, this isn't the first time I have heard this kinda story on this board.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me like my 3rd oil change for the car. got free oil changes till 35k miles cause of it. my dealer was very sorry about it so I never ranted. if yours isnt going to compensate you in anyway then I would be pissed. it is inexcusable so they should compensate you in some way.

another thing I had happen was my car is lowered and normally slammed but I always fully raise it up and the dealer normally doenst have a problem with it at all. well they let a rookie tech work on it and he scraped the entire bottom of the lip up and when backing it off the wrack it cought and tore one of the mounting brackets out of the lip. So now I am getting a new lip free of charge because it had red paint all over the bottom so it was obvious it happened there.. at least they take care of customers when they are at fault. my only problem is that being as the car is modified was on earth would they let a rookie tech that has never worked on the car over the years through the progression of it work on it when they have asked me to schedule on certain days before so that certain techs could take a look at it instead of others.

I will not give out the dealer name as the have come through in both instances an taken care of me well so this is not to bash on them just two of my dealer experiences.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

btw, you should consider changing your own oil...only takes half an hour and you won't have to worry about the dealer messing up your car.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX07
the sad thing is, this isn't the first time I have heard this kinda story on this board.
Same here, thats why I try to check myself.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 AM
It looked like this!

Originally Posted by CGTSX07
Just recently happened to me.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow, this thread is rather disconcerting since I actually bought my car from Curry Acura.

I've gotten 2 (out of 4) oil changes from them and haven't had an issue, but that's because they were free. I was thinking about going to them for my 20k service (even though I know it's probably not worth it), but now I'm not sure.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Advanced

Yeah.. its pretty annoying to have these issues and then to have the people who caused problem not care Oh well... best I can do is advise people to be cautious with not only Curry but dealers in general
Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
I say report them to the Acura CS dept. This is not the first rant I have heard on this board about this dealer.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:25 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn, i drop off my car to curry acura tomorrow 8am for my 50k service
Old 12-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Unauthorized User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mg7726
damn, i drop off my car to curry acura tomorrow 8am for my 50k service
Ruh Roh!