CPO questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPO questions

Can they sell a car CPO when the paint doesnt match? I purchased a CPO 06 Milano Red TSX AT with the nav back in February over the phone figuring since it was CPO it should be good to go. it was one hell of a deal so i couldnt pass it up. i was in alaska at the time and couldnt really see it. so when i moved down to vegas i picked it up. when and got it waxed and buffed and thats when i really noticed the problem. the hood, front bumper, and trunk are all a different color of red. the hood is horrible tho. doesnt even look like there was a clear coat put on. i took it back and showed the dealer to see what they would say. they gave me the run around BLAH BLAH BLAH about 1.5 months go by and they wouldnt call me back so i got up there and they offer to pay for 30% of the price to paint the hood. :thumbsdow being that the total estimate to get it repainted was 1400 bucks. what do yall think? who can i call? what can i do?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:10 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Sounds like it was repainted which probably did not show up in the report. (either a unreportable accident or repainted due to the lousy paint and rock chips) I own a 06 Milano red tsx that is lots of rock chips.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, the first thing I'd do is get a report from both Auto Check and Carfax to see if the car was in an accident. If not, it still could have been, but wasn't reported to insurance, or was just repainted due to rock chips, as mentioned above.

I could also see possible paint damage from the car being left in the desert sun day after day, especially if it wasn't waxed often.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i've come to realize that CPO means nothing. their 125-whatever-point inspection is mostly visual. all it does is it gives you another year of warranty... with the CPO label, they get to charge you more for the car.

the clear coat peeled on my rear bumper and when i took it to the dealer, they had no paperwork saying the car was in an accident (carfax was clean). i asked them specifically what is involved with paint inspection and they said its all visual. if it looks 'alright', they pass it. its not like they take a meter and measure clear coat thickness and whatnot. as long as there is no garish scratch, rust, or paint missing, it'll pass "inspection".

my dealer was willing to do a one-time goodwill repaint of the bumper but that was only after i dealt with the general manager himself; service advisor will not do that kind of work for you cuz there is no way to cover the paint job under warranty...

hope this helps.