Counting down the days...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Counting down the days...

Hi all. I got a call today from my dealer. The car I ordered (CGP/QZ, 6MT, non-navi) in May is to be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday (July 20/21). Woo Hoo!!

If the car is there and I haven't taken delivery of it, isn't the dealership able to let others test drive it and such? Being that it's a 6MT (which are rare around here) I want to get it ASAP so that they won't let others drive it around. It's not the miles as much as that I know how people test drive cars (especially with 6MT), and I don't want my car driven like that. Should I take delivery of it the same day it comes in...or should I wait until a Saturday morning to go over and take my time with it to inspect it thoroughly? My dealer said that if it comes in, for example, Tuesday morning, I would be able to take delivery that afternoon/evening. I'm not sure what all they have to do to the car besides make sure it's in working order and detail it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I doubt the dealer will let someone test drive a car that is already sold. I picked up my car 5 days after they told us the car was ready and it had 5 km on it. They only took 1 day to find my PWP 5AT TSX. It seems like there are plenty of TSXs in Canada but not in the US.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

if the dealership lets someone else drive a car that's ordered for someone they should get

mine was selected by me, and I got it w/ 3 miles on it. I don't think they would let someone drive it, as it'll need to be prepped, plastic taken off, etc. If its new, it has everything covered on the inside and out.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm allergic to bull

When the car arrives, the dealer would rather deliver it to you and pick up the check than letting someone else to test drive it. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Don't get too excited yet. Taking delivery is no easy task. There were members here complaining about driving home a defective car or having parts missing. What I'm saying is, take your time and check the car thoroughly before signing anything. Bring a friend, take a spin with your sales representative and make sure you get a complete package (keys, leather manual cover, free maintenance service...)
Old 07-15-2004, 02:45 AM
Drifting

yep, take the time and make sure everything's in order. usually the dealer puts sold cars off to the side when they get to the lot. anyway, congrats on your order and hope your tsx ownership goes well.

btw, for choosing the cgp.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:02 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HelicobactEr Pylori
Don't get too excited yet. Taking delivery is no easy task. There were members here complaining about driving home a defective car or having parts missing. What I'm saying is, take your time and check the car thoroughly before signing anything. Bring a friend, take a spin with your sales representative and make sure you get a complete package (keys, leather manual cover, free maintenance service...)
best advice here...
Old 07-15-2004, 05:23 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mg7726
best advice here...
..........and the "special" keys - lockout key for valet parking and the wheel lug nut key.

My dealer went through the car, including visual inspection, "walkthrough" the shortform Owner's manual, second test ride including reveiw of all mechanics - took about 45 minutese. Followup call about three days later.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:13 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely wait on taking delivery. I would wait for a day where you have at least 2 hours to take delivery. As everyone said, bring someone else with you so that you can have some help inspecting the car.

When I picked up my vehicle, it took about 2 hours to go through everything, and have the dealer explain all the mechanics to me and the nav. For the most part, we all know what the car has and how to use it, but its good to hear and it gives you time to have the dealer there to test everything to make sure its working. During this introduction, I managed to notice that my cup holder and center console was scratched so the parts were ordered then and there.

Good luck and post some pics. Congrats!