Could've been 9 months old tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:59 PM
NBP6MTTSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could've been 9 months old tomorrow!

I was getting back to work after lunch and I was waiting for the light to turn green and it did eventually after which I started proceeding. It was a red for the guy who was coming along the right hand side of the road, he skipped the light and t-boned my TSX. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the passenger side nor did I get hurt. Not sure yet if she will be totalled and I really don't want them to fix it for me because she just wouldn't be the same no more.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
glad nobody got hurt. let us posted on the damage. sorry about your car, but it did its job at protecting you!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good that you did not get hurt. That idiot better be insured!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 PM
06 CGP 5AT Non-Navi

Oh wow, that is unpleasant. Makes me queasy just lookin' at it. So glad you weren't hurt.

Here are the pics of my incident from last November. Not nearly as bad as yours -- no airbag deployment, and heck, the hood wasn't even damaged -- and the bill came to about $8000.

It was only four months old at the time. It's fixed now though, and seems perfectly good as new. But dang I missed driving it while it was in the shop.

Let's hope yours is a total.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Instructor

Definitely totaled. Let me know if you will be interested in selling it as-is.

MBA
Old 03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to see that you're safe and the air bags working.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Glad you're alright mate. The TSX did it's job to protect you.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by matvey
Definitely totaled. Let me know if you will be interested in selling it as-is.

MBA
The damage is pretty severe. However, given the fact that the car is only 9 months old, it probably won't be totalled. I crashed my car this summer and put 14,000 damage on mine and it wasn't totalled. Here are the pictures of my damage.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31408

Hope it all works out for you. If it is totalled, get a new TSX! Good luck!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 PM
East Coast Crew

Seems like the damage is very severe. It's going to take a lot to fix it. If they don't total it, then sue the other guy.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Advanced

Ouch, I feel your pain just by looking at the pictures. Thank god you're unharmed though.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
TSX4EVR

Double ouch!! Two cars ago, I had a car totalled when I got T-boned when someone else also ran a red and spun my car around 360. Glad to hear you are okay. I hope that it is totaled so that you can get a new car.

Excited
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I can't find my garage

oh my goodness. painfull images. glad that youre okai however
Old 03-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn man, i feel ur pain
my TSX was t-boned also exactly when it turned 1 yr old
chances are its totalled
good luck man
Old 03-30-2007, 07:12 AM
NBP6MTTSX

Thanks guys, I hope everything goes well for me. If they decide to total it, the TSX is still one of my options because I totally loved the car. I'm hoping to hear by mid next week and will keep all of you posted!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Ouch! Poor TSX
Old 03-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Advanced

Glad your okay!!

It's amazing, even being all messed up that TSX still looks pretty dam good. Just get a wash and wax?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:31 AM
NBP6MTTSX

Actually washed it about a 10 days before the incident. Black is a hard color to keep clean and I was gonna wash it again this weekend, but now I can't.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Aww man, sorry to hear about but i'm glad your ok!

I got hit really hard in the rear by a girl that ran a red light as well and my damage was $12k and wasn't totalled and mine was an 04 with 38k miles on it. When i got it back, it def WAS NOT the same and i ended up trading it in for my now 06. I, for the sake of saving you trouble of livining with it, hope its totalled man cause it def will not be the same and it sucks too cause it needs A LOT of damage to be considered totalled! Good luck!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,555 Posts
Sorry to see that man. Glad it kept you safe. Thanks for the picture of the side airbag deployment. I have been looking for a picture of that since I installed gauges on the a pillar and wanted to make sure they wont get blasted into my head in an accident.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Unauthorized User

That sucks dude, at least you're ok. That does look totaled to me, hopefully your insurance say the same thing, i wouldn't want to get it repaired it will never be the same.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Nom-nom-nom!!!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
By the looks of it, your car is totalled. But look on the bright side, you walked away unharmed and it goes to show that the TSX is a safe car.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 AM
내 삶의 이유

make sure,, go to the hospital for check-up your body.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:15 PM
NBP6MTTSX

Yeah, I did walk away without a scratch but my body was kinda stiff yesterday. I do feel better now but I'm gonna go in for a check up on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rambalu80
Yeah, I did walk away without a scratch but my body was kinda stiff yesterday. I do feel better now but I'm gonna go in for a check up on Monday or Tuesday.
Keep the reciept just in case!! People these days are jerks and go sue happy and insurance companies always try to make money, so be on your guard. I had my accident december 5th, and still have yet to get reimbursed from the other insurance company.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Having been in a few wrecks myself (some documented in these forums) including the totaling of a '05 TSX (replaced with an '06) let me offer one suggestion.

If the other guy's insurance determines the car is NOT totaled, make sure they pay you for MORE than simply the repairs to your car. Tell them you are specifically interested in them ALSO paying for "diminished value". This is the sales hit YOU will take when you go to sell the car, and someone asks you if it has ever been in a wreck. When you say "yes" and the seller drops the offer by $1000, you have just experienced "diminished value".

Make sure the insurance company understands that you will take them to court for diminished value if they put up an argument.

Just my .02

Good luck, and glad you are OK.

If you want to see just how safe the TSX REALLY is, check this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32417
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh well it's

Glad your okay, better that the car be damaged than you. Atleast that can be fixed
Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Advanced

witnesses and police report. very important...

did you get BOTH?!

and make sure the witnesses are going to DEFEND YOU.
cases like this can take a wrong turn.

for example: here in CA, it can go AGAINST you if it sound like this. you ran in front of "red light" person's way. IF that was the case (which i can be turned around with out witnesses defending you) means its your fault because they had full right of way of the lane.

but good luck to you.
(i got screwed in the past because "right of way" crap)
Old 03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
NBP6MTTSX

I don't have the report yet, but I do know one of the witnesses. He works with me. The other witness works down the road from where I work.

I'm gonna wait to hear back from the insurance companies as to what the deal is with the car and then decide on how I should proceed.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rambalu80
I don't have the report yet, but I do know one of the witnesses. He works with me. The other witness works down the road from where I work.

I'm gonna wait to hear back from the insurance companies as to what the deal is with the car and then decide on how I should proceed.

if anything, get a lawyer. that helps out a lot. but try to get a lawyer that doesnt charge you if you lose.

so you can get yoru injuries taken care of and possibly get more money back through the accident etc etc.

and im assuming those witnesses are on the police report?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
witnesses and police report. very important...

did you get BOTH?!

and make sure the witnesses are going to DEFEND YOU.
cases like this can take a wrong turn.

for example: here in CA, it can go AGAINST you if it sound like this. you ran in front of "red light" person's way. IF that was the case (which i can be turned around with out witnesses defending you) means its your fault because they had full right of way of the lane.

but good luck to you.
(i got screwed in the past because "right of way" crap)
Huh? How would a person with a red light have right of way?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Huh? How would a person with a red light have right of way?

the person who supposely ran the red light DID NOT run a red light like you said.

i have a real life example that is totally wrong in all ways.

you are trying to make a left turn on at yield on green light. the light turns red and you are still standing in the middle of the intersection. so what do you do? you go right? of course. but some lady who is driving the in the opposite direction (traffic you are watching out for because its going against you) drives into you HEAD ON! ahhhh her fault for running a red light right? WRONG. without witnesses defending you on a police report, it is your fault because a red light can not be determined AND people who make left turns HAVE to yield for those who are going straight.

this happened to my cousin. he was the one stuck in teh middle tryin to make a left when all the lights turned red. some lady ran a red, smacked him head on and he lost the lawsuit.

please do not rely on ignorance to defend you.

i have been in many accidents where i won and lost. the last 2 car accidents were me losing and one that went nobody's fault. my case was i was half way in someone's lane for about 30 sec sitting there tryin to squeeze through and some guy decides to run over my front end. i was at fault because i was in that persons right of way.

in rambalu80 case, it could have been HIM running a red light and the other party who hit him running a GREEN.

ya its a messed up system. im just trying to look out.

because of my last 2 accidents resulted in thousands in damages and a losing my car. i always volunteer as a witness to accidents, to make sure ignorant people get NOTHING because driving is something that should be taken seriously and not for granted. i hate people who dont pay attention to the road and expect nothing to get in there way and cause accidents....
Old 03-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Instructor

Red face What am I missing here???

the person who supposely ran the red light DID NOT run a red light like you said.

i have a real life example that is totally wrong in all ways.

you are trying to make a left turn on at yield on green light. the light turns red and you are still standing in the middle of the intersection. so what do you do? you go right? of course. but some lady who is driving the in the opposite direction (traffic you are watching out for because its going against you) drives into you HEAD ON! ahhhh her fault for running a red light right? WRONG. without witnesses defending you on a police report, it is your fault because a red light can not be determined AND people who make left turns HAVE to yield for those who are going straight.

this happened to my cousin. he was the one stuck in teh middle tryin to make a left when all the lights turned red. some lady ran a red, smacked him head on and he lost the lawsuit.

please do not rely on ignorance to defend you.

i have been in many accidents where i won and lost. the last 2 car accidents were me losing and one that went nobody's fault. my case was i was half way in someone's lane for about 30 sec sitting there tryin to squeeze through and some guy decides to run over my front end. i was at fault because i was in that persons right of way.

in rambalu80 case, it could have been HIM running a red light and the other party who hit him running a GREEN.

ya its a messed up system. im just trying to look out.

because of my last 2 accidents resulted in thousands in damages and a losing my car. i always volunteer as a witness to accidents, to make sure ignorant people get NOTHING because driving is something that should be taken seriously and not for granted. i hate people who dont pay attention to the road and expect nothing to get in there way and cause accidents....
Not trying to be a total a**hole here but...........

You are 21 years old with multi accidents and you "hate people who do not pay attention to the road....." what am I missing here???

You sound like the reason insurance company rape and pillage younger people...
May I humbly suggest you re-consider your driving habits???

GLTA
Old 03-31-2007, 10:34 AM
NBP6MTTSX

if anything, get a lawyer. that helps out a lot. but try to get a lawyer that doesnt charge you if you lose.

so you can get yoru injuries taken care of and possibly get more money back through the accident etc etc.

and im assuming those witnesses are on the police report?

Yes, both the witnesses are on the police report.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldguytsxer

You are 21 years old with multi accidents and you "hate people who do not pay attention to the road....." what am I missing here???

GLTA
im just here sharing my experiences, driving is a takes a lot of concentration and should remain that way. its not something you can do while putting on clothes, make-up, etc.

FYI
ive been in 4 accidents,

the 1st one was due to some old asian guy who swerved into my lane and clipped me. if you know anything about asian peopel and lane changes, no blinkers and never checking their blind spot.
2nd was due to a drunk driver on the freeway (when i was going 70mph), that driver hit me, and 2 other cars, ran over the "exit" sign and sped off
3rd was when an ignorant person clipped my front end, even after clearly saw me and honked at me, he maintained his speed and clipped me. my fault? i highly doubt it, when im sitting there for a good 30-60 secs because i was stuck and couldnt move due to cars blocking me. (although law states that its my fault, it was an ignorante move by him, but ive learned from this mistake)
4th accident was when i was driving UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT DUE TO HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS (heavy rain, 10-15mph below speed limit) and some guy who is speeding lost control, drifted, T-boned me which caused me to spin out, hit a curb, tossed me airborne, fell into a ditch, and rolled over.

on my record, i only have 1 car accident in my fault. which has been long gone wiped from my record. thank you for asking.
and yes, i evalute my driving habits after ever accident or when i see one. you can consider me a safe and cautious/courteous driver.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Advanced

So it seems we have the 21 yr old duking it out with the 44yr old... I personally hate it when people jump to conclusions, regardless of age of course. Anyways, sorry to hear about your 4 accidents, in 1999 I've been in one accident where I ended t-boning the the front end of a lady's lumina minivan at 10mph... she pulled out of a driveway and blocked 35mph traffic and I was surrounded by cars including one illegally blocking the centre lane. she was at fault as she failed to yield the right of way... I was 19 or 20 when that happened and my mom was the passenger in the other car (our minivan) or should I say our 1999 Odyssey 4400lb Honda minvan.

Oh yes, we had no witnesses mainly bc of the selfish dumbasses who drive off and "have better" things to do. Anyways I wasn't at fault and I the officer clearly saw how the accident scene was and the other lady was at fault as her vehicle blocked 2 1.5 lanes of traffic.

That being said, if I had a tsx/accord/tl, basically something lighter than an Odyssey this could have been avoided.

Anyways, after is said and done, in terms of witnesses, I think we all need to not be so selfish and be more respectable toward others and yes you can still have a nice job and make $$$ and be nice to other people i.e. volunteer to be a witness for the sake of humanity or respect lol.

In term of the TSX, sorry to hear about the mishap .. but good to know that the airbags work. Acura and Honda are seemingly building some of the safest cars on the road, possibly more so than even a 3 series.

Hope they total the car for you; but really the bodyshops would hate for the car to be totalled if they aren't able to buy it out and fix it up, they need to make a buck too fortunately or unfortunately and can some what manipulate or impress the insurance company to give them $11k worth of business for repairs rather than you $19k for a new car... either way the good news is that the Odyssey has 160000mi or more and it had $12k (Cdn) worth of damages incl. airbags at the time, but drives like brand new or at least unaffected.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
im just here sharing my experiences, driving is a takes a lot of concentration and should remain that way. its not something you can do while putting on clothes, make-up, etc.

FYI
ive been in 4 accidents,

the 1st one was due to some old asian guy who swerved into my lane and clipped me. if you know anything about asian peopel and lane changes, no blinkers and never checking their blind spot.
2nd was due to a drunk driver on the freeway (when i was going 70mph), that driver hit me, and 2 other cars, ran over the "exit" sign and sped off
3rd was when an ignorant person clipped my front end, even after clearly saw me and honked at me, he maintained his speed and clipped me. my fault? i highly doubt it, when im sitting there for a good 30-60 secs because i was stuck and couldnt move due to cars blocking me. (although law states that its my fault, it was an ignorante move by him, but ive learned from this mistake)
4th accident was when i was driving UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT DUE TO HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS (heavy rain, 10-15mph below speed limit) and some guy who is speeding lost control, drifted, T-boned me which caused me to spin out, hit a curb, tossed me airborne, fell into a ditch, and rolled over.

on my record, i only have 1 car accident in my fault. which has been long gone wiped from my record. thank you for asking.
and yes, i evalute my driving habits after ever accident or when i see one. you can consider me a safe and cautious/courteous driver.

You're just another typical stereotypical a-hole.

Please, cry more.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EuRTSX

Please, cry more.
alright, why is everyone criticizing me?
yes i have made mistakes and so i learn from them.

im trying to help someone out and possible many others.

and all people have done in this thread is flame me.

just because i have been in accidents doesnt make me a bad driver. shit happens to everyone, maybe not to you now, but maybe later.

and eurtsx.. were you upset by my "asian" comment? are you asian? because i am. do you live in a heavily dense asian community? i do. what i said about asian drivers is true. maybe not about you or i or other members on this forum but there are many asian drivers who drive that way.

i havent made a single assumption about anyone here but everyone else has made negative assumptions about me.

i thought this was a forum to learn and spread knowledge. if im spreading incorrect information, please tell me and give me correct information.

im not here to start a fight, i have been defending myself.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EuRTSX

Please, cry more.
and you're just another asshole yourself. dude, he's just trying to help the guy by stating the experiences that he's had. so what if he's younger, do you live a perfect life? have you not done anything stupid in your life? damn, some of you online fools are fricken morons......oh yea, and he has the right to stereotype because he's asian himself...and i'm asian as well and i also agree asians are HORRIBLE drivers... maybe not so much the ones that have grown up here in the states, but the ones that have immigrated from other countries... over there, they have no stop signs, no red lights, no rules basically, so those same people come here, and think they can drive the same as they did in their country...at least that's my theory on it.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oldguytsxer

GLTA

maybe the part you're missing is the fact that maybe he's learned his lesson and now he's moving on and hence why he hates those kinds of people because he USED to be one of those people? i dunno, that's my thought.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:06 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Glad to see your okay what car hit you because your hit in the front end and the back but looks like an suv or elevated car hit you.

Quick Reply: Could've been 9 months old tomorrow!