Colorado Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Colorado Dealers

I'm in the market for a 2004 TSX and went to the local dealer and agreed on a price and financing. My wife and I were supposed to take delivery of the car on Tuesday of this week, but when we got home, my wife told me that she did not like the salesman at all and refused to let me purchase the car from this dealership. Can anyone recommend a good dealership in the Colorado Front Range area (Colorado Springs/Denver) that will meet my wifes approval and offer me a good deal on a 2004 silver TSX?

Goose
Old 05-27-2004, 12:05 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
what was the local dealer? I purchsed mine a Courtesy Acura (470 & Broadway), but have also heard good things about Flatirons Acura.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Keeping emos out of

The Dealer is in Colorado Springs. I've been in contact with COURTESY ACURA and Mile High imports and will choose a car from one of them and purchase it next week. I personally did not have a problem with the salesman, but my wife, who is European, flat out disliked the man for some reason and refuses to let me buy from them. Also, I think that i may get a little better price in Denver.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a search goose, Pikes Peak is horrible... the mark-up on their cars are ridiculous.
Try the Denver dealers as well as Flatiron, who gave me the best experience.

Junkster, who wouldn't buy a soda at Pikes Peak.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Keeping emos out of

Junkster,

Thanks for the advice. I've been quoted prices from both of the Denver dealers that are thousands less than Pikes Peak, plus they have not thrown on any BS packages and included them in the price.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Teh ?

Here's my PP experience...

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ter+pikes+peak

Junkster, who would buy from Flatiron.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Keeping emos out of

Junkster,
I also saw another thread where they were mentioned and there was nothing good being said. I was also offered the Rocky Mountain BS package along with a $600 window tint, but was not going to pay their price for it. I'm heading to Denver this weekend and will hopefully come back to the Springs with a new TSX. I'll drive by Pikes Peak Acura and give them the old sign .
Old 05-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Teh ?

good, they need a good talking to.

Junkster, who feels bad for those who bought at Pikes Peak.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Keeping emos out of

I just received a call from the dealer and when i informed them that i was purchasing from Denver, they asked me if they dropped $500 from the purchase price, would i reconsider. I mentioned that the prices that i was quoted from Denver were a full $1500 lower than their price, he stated that he would get back to me. Even if they do offer a better price, i'm going to another dealer.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:49 PM
5th Gear

My name is Erik Stone and I am a the internet manager here at Pikes Peak Acura. I am sorry your experience here wasn't what you expected from an Acura Dealer. Sometimes personalities don't always match and unfortunately we get some chopsticks in sales who don't do it the way we want them to. We are constantly striving to provide the best service possible. I would be happy to work with you personally to ensure you get the best possible service. You can contact me by email at estone@pikespeak.dealerspace.com. Or you can call me directly at 719-651-6007 and would be happy to negotiate all details of the transaction prior to your return. I understand if you choose to take your business elsewhere in the Front Range. Finding a salesperson you trust, like and respect can be hit or miss at any dealership. Good luck with your search and let me know if I can be of any service.

Best Regards,

Erik Stone
Old 06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Teh ?

Erik,
Sorry man, but with that "price hike" and horrid salespeople, I just can't even think about going back to PP. What's with that? You, on the other hand, seem like a pretty straight shooter. Can we get some response on those issues from you?

Junkster, who bought his Integra there back in the day.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:06 AM
5th Gear

Not sure what you are wanting a response to. The previous poster said he liked the salesman and his wife did not. Sounds like a personality conflict which is going to happen. From his post, he agreed to price and financing and then reneged on the deal and got a better price in Denver later. Had he done his homework before coming in, he could have saved himself and the dealership time and himself money. All the dealers in CO have the Rocky Mountain Protection Package on most vehicles. It is usually all the same items as they are recommended by Acura. Window tint is $295, not $600 at PPA and not part of RMPP. I just got an MDX from Falconi Acura of Las Vegas on a dealer trade. On the addendum sticker there was --- "Desert Protection Package - $1995). Personally, I hate RMPP because there is no commission paid on it because the cost of parts and installation goes to the service department. Nobody wants to pay for it and rarely does anybody pay for it. It just reduces the gross profit on every vehicle and thus reduces the commission paid on it, saving the ownership group money. BTW Ownership for PPA is the same as Flatirons - Bill Crouch. Policies there are the same as where I work. I can't speak for Mile Hi or Courtesy, although every dealer trade I have ever done from them, the cars had RMPP already on all the cars.

One thing in auto sales-- people will not like you as a salesman for a myriad of reasons: You are Black, Hispanic, male, female, young, old, boring, pushy, stupid, too smart, etc. If you are trying to buy a car and you don't like the salesman you are dealing with, ask to talk to a sales manager and ask for another consultant or ask to deal with or ask to work directly with him/her directly to purchase the car. Be sure to let him know why so the situation can be remedied in the future. It happens. I've had 1 or 2 times in the last two years that I couldn't figure out what the problem was with a car deal. Turns out I was the problem so I turned them over to another salesman who made them very happy. Which makes me happy.

I wish I could say that every person that talks to any salesman at PPA will be very happy. Unfortunately, it's impossible. All I can control is what I say and do and I hold myself to a very high standard. I've had many calls saying Mile Hi sucks, Flatirons was rude, Lexus treated me like a turd. My only recommendation is if you find a salesperson that you like, trust and respect and is able to get you a good deal on the car you want, don't turn around and cut his legs out from under him by buying the same car at another dealer because you saved $200. A good sales consultant will be there when you need to figure out the navi system or pair a bluetooth phone or need a favor to get into service quickly.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Teh ?

Thanks for the answer Erik. I'm not trying to say everyone there is bad, but being called an "asshole" was kinda over the top at a dealership (did you read my story). I'm pretty sure I just happened to catch a salesperson on his off-day or something (I hope anyway).

Hmmm... Actually, that RMPP isn't on any of the other dealer's cars. Neither is the market adjustment. Hopefully, if someone gets a deal from you, those won't be too much of an issue.

Junkster, who hopes Erik can stick around to make some sales here.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Keeping emos out of

Springs Acura All the dealers in CO have the Rocky Mountain Protection Package on most vehicles. It is usually all the same items as they are recommended by Acura. Window tint is $295, not $600 at PPA and not part of RMPP.

Sorry Erik, i may have been wrong about the price of the Window tint, but i think that i was accurate with the rest of my information. I did indeed do my homework on the European Accord/Acura TSX because i lived in Europe last summer and drove the car for 2 months and was quite familiar with the car. I also researched it on the net and checked forums and message boards for information about the car and was quite pleased with my research. When i came into your dealership, it was not with the intentions of purchasing that day, but only to see what you had on the lot. We took a test drive and my wife and i really liked the car, but like i mentioned earlier, my wife did not like the salesman. I think the comment "Missy" really offended her and also the fact that most of the comments were directed at me and not to her. Keep in mind that when a married couple enters the showroom, there are two people involved, not just the husband. Also, when asking about the price of the vehicle, the salesman should not mumble about additional dealer profit. Our experience at Flatiron was so much different than at Pikes Peak because we were in and out of the dealership in about two hours, my wife liked the dealership primarily becasue they had Starbucks coffee and because they made her feel welcome. In hindsight, maybe we should have asked for a different salesman, but also in hinsight, maybe your salesman could have been more PC. We also have the right to take our business elsewhere, if we are not satisfied, and i'm sure that you would do the same if you were not satisfied with your experience. I'm sure that not all the salesmen are the same there and maybe if we had you as a salesman, it would have turned out different, but that's not the case.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Teh ?

you're correct goose.

Pikes Peak is the only dealer in Colorado to have a "market adjustment" fee tacked on to their sticker...
I'm sure you can deal your way out of that fee, but than you can't get much off sticker.
Edmunds.com gives a market measure of how much people are paying for cars in specific regions... Pikes Peak's stickers are about 1500 over market.

Junkster, who would like to hear Erik's point of view on this
Old 06-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Junkster
you're correct goose.

Pikes Peak is the only dealer in Colorado to have a "market adjustment" fee tacked on to their sticker...
I'm sure you can deal your way out of that fee, but than you can't get much off sticker.
Edmunds.com gives a market measure of how much people are paying for cars in specific regions... Pikes Peak's stickers are about 1500 over market.

Junkster, who would like to hear Erik's point of view on this
Junkster,

You are correct about the "market adjustment" fee at Pikes Peak. I checked the price from Flatirons against the Edmunds price and it was right on target. It makes you wonder why Pikes Peak has to have the market adjustment fee when none of the other dealers dont have it.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by goose25
Junkster,

You are correct about the "market adjustment" fee at Pikes Peak. I checked the price from Flatirons against the Edmunds price and it was right on target. It makes you wonder why Pikes Peak has to have the market adjustment fee when none of the other dealers dont have it.
You know, I could understand if they were charging it for the first few months while the car is in high demand... that's when dealers can make the good money off the new models... but to charge that kind of extra fee now, it just sounds scandalous.

Junkster, who was also outraged by the TL prices at PP
Old 06-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Teh ?

bump...
Hmmm, no response from Erik

Junkster, who really wants some answers
Old 06-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Cruisin'

I've been working with Jim Williams at Pikes Peak Acura and he couldn't be more helpful. I told him up front that I was looking to buy in the next couple of months and he has been extremely accomidating. Haven't got into the numbers with him yet on the 05's but hopefully they will be flexible with markups. I guess we will see....
Old 06-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by JeffKrebs
I've been working with Jim Williams at Pikes Peak Acura and he couldn't be more helpful. I told him up front that I was looking to buy in the next couple of months and he has been extremely accomidating. Haven't got into the numbers with him yet on the 05's but hopefully they will be flexible with markups. I guess we will see....
Have you tried Flatiron or Mile High yet? If you want an 04, I'm pretty sure they can deal for you. Watch out for the price gouging at Pikes Peak. If you're putting a deposit down for the TSX, that means they can always try to haggle you when the car comes in. They are at least 1,500 more than the other dealers due to their market adjustments.

And remember to take you're printout of the Edmunds regional pricing average. I believe the market value for the TSX is much lower than what it used to be.

But once again, I highly recommend you don't deal with Pikes Peak.

Junkster, who wouldn't buy a soda pop from Pikes Peak
Old 06-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Cruisin'

Use a broker, you will get the best deal. Either H.M. Brown or Centennial Leasing. If not I think Flatirons Acura is the best dealer. I can give you some contact information for both places too. I'm getting ready to purchase here in Colorado as well.

http://www.hmbrown.com/

http://www.centennialleasing.com/CO/home.asp
Old 06-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Teh ?

nice, wolfman, way to inform everyone.

Junkster, who thinks Wolfie's turning into a great member
Old 06-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Junkster
Have you tried Flatiron or Mile High yet? If you want an 04, I'm pretty sure they can deal for you. Watch out for the price gouging at Pikes Peak. If you're putting a deposit down for the TSX, that means they can always try to haggle you when the car comes in. They are at least 1,500 more than the other dealers due to their market adjustments.

And remember to take you're printout of the Edmunds regional pricing average. I believe the market value for the TSX is much lower than what it used to be.

But once again, I highly recommend you don't deal with Pikes Peak.

Junkster, who wouldn't buy a soda pop from Pikes Peak
Give Flatirons a try, their pricing is in line with what i was quoted from Edmunds and there was no market adjustment or additional equipment added that i did not want.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by JeffKrebs
Jeff, why are you working with Pikes Peak Acura? Flatirons in Boulder and the the two Denver dealers are much closer to Ft. Collins than Pikes Peak Acura.