Clear Bra for Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 05:33 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Clear Bra for Rear Bumper

I have been thinking about getting a "clear bra" pice for my rear bumper right bleow the trunk, every car seems to get scratches from loading things in. I found a site that sells pieces for the TSX and its only $14!

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=128-1

what do you think? has anyone bought from these guys before?

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:29 PM
The Voice of Reason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Clear Bra for Rear Bumper

Originally posted by virus7

what do you think? has anyone bought from these guys before?

Thanks!
Yes. I purchased the hood and mirror pieces from them... only problem was that my car is white and we discovered that everything shows up! I had an indy Porsche shop do the install, wound up with some faint fingerprints on it. Looking closely at a white Porsche race car they had in the shop, which had the shields applied over the rear fender flares, THAT car had the faint fingerprints, too. So I'd suspect the problem is a peculiarity of applying the 3M material to white cars. The company sent me out a replacement kit gratis, and we're gonna try it again.

My thought is that they're a reputable company. However, they don't caution you about white paint, and nowhere do they say anything about wearing gloves to do the install. But like I said they seem to be reasonable people.

If your car is gray the fingerprint ghosts shouldn't be a problem. At the Porsche board the general thought seemed to be that people would buy the kit, screw it up and then buy another kit and have the material applied by a professional installer. Which is why I went directly to the shop. Considering the cost, a professional install might be overkill for you but you might want to buy a second piece at the same time in case you have trouble.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the finger print u have is from installers....

its hard to find good clear bra installer......its pretty new item .and not many tinter knows how to install ...this is not like installing window films ...totally different animals...