City/County Decal ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003 | 09:33 AM
Happy TSXer

City/County Decal ?

It's my first time LEASING a car so I don't know how this goes.

I wonder if I have to go to the city hall (or whatever) to get my decal. Or is it the leasing company (Honda Financial Services in my case) that should be sending me the decal.

Thanks.
Tony
Old 10-06-2003 | 09:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Honda/Acura like any other car manufacturer that sells cars, submits the necessary info. to your Dept. of Motor Vehicles. They will send you your temp. registration which will then require you to go to your DMV to get the permanent tags. You will, regardless of leasing or buying, be responsible for the registration of the vehicle (along with insurance as necessary).
Old 10-06-2003 | 09:42 AM
Happy TSXer

Originally posted by moda_way
Honda/Acura like any other car manufacturer that sells cars, submits the necessary info. to your Dept. of Motor Vehicles. They will send you your temp. registration which will then require you to go to your DMV to get the permanent tags. You will, regardless of leasing or buying, be responsible for the registration of the vehicle (along with insurance as necessary).
Thanks for replying but what I'm talking about is the TAX decal but not the registration. I already have my registration and permanent tags which my dealer all took care of. Perhaps not all states require decal sticked to their windshield ?
Old 10-06-2003 | 10:46 AM
Suzuka Master

I know what you're talking about. My sister lives in Lynchburg, VA and I lived in Lynchburg as a kid.

That's a good question. My guess is that was processed as well, but when in doubt, call your sales guy. They should have the answer for you.
Old 10-06-2003 | 11:50 AM
Happy TSXer

Originally posted by moda_way
I know what you're talking about. My sister lives in Lynchburg, VA and I lived in Lynchburg as a kid.

That's a good question. My guess is that was processed as well, but when in doubt, call your sales guy. They should have the answer for you.
Thanks again. I called the sales guy and he told me I have to go purchase the decal myself. So I'm just back with the decal attached to my windshield. Ahh .. relieved ...