Christmas list

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 02:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas list

i'm havin a hard time makin a christmas list. but i decided car accessories would be nice to start with.
1) I'm thinking about gettin an injen intake, but i really want the absolute best intake, so i might wait.
2) i have a nomad jukebox mp3 player that id like to hook up to my TSX, but i dont know what i should get that would definately have a plug in for it. something that sounds like HONDA?
3) a short shifter, i have only seen reviews on the comptech shifter, but i want to hear if anyones gottena neuspeed. and if anyone has a shortshifter, did you want to replace your shifter knob ( i do like the stock one tho).

i have thinking about askin for rubber or rims too, but those are way to pricey for a gift.

any input would be nice on my choices or any better advice
thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2003, 06:07 AM
Instructor

Re: Christmas list

Originally posted by TSX Cman
i'm havin a hard time makin a christmas list. but i decided car accessories would be nice to start with.

2) i have a nomad jukebox mp3 player that id like to hook up to my TSX, but i dont know what i should get that would definately have a plug in for it. something that sounds like HONDA?
any input would be nice on my choices or any better advice
thanks in advance
It is the SNHOND3
Old 12-08-2003, 11:18 AM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
my list:

1) injen
2) rear sway bar
Old 12-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Racer

Rear Sway Bar
Accord 6spd 17" rims
Acura dash trim kit
Spoiler (oem)
possibly body kit. (oem)
Old 12-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Advanced

ok i am somewhat at my breaking point... i don't mean to bash anyone on here, and for the most part, i too do like mods and rice every once in awhile (when it's tasteful or done to improve the overall performace of the car) but the styling of the tsx is so elegant, and afterall it is a luxury vehicle (you all knew that when you bought it) so how come so many of you on these forums, are running out and equipping it with insane body kits, honda replacement parts, hi-performace sports parts, etc etc. I feel like if you wanted some riced out sports car why didn't you buy something like a srt-4, gti, civic si, wrx, lancer-evolutaion etc. you could equip those with all the hi-performance parts you like and it owuld be totally legit... it's just my opinion that ricing out a luxury vehicle kind of defetas the purpose of buying in the first palce. am i alone on this?
Old 12-08-2003, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by dirk
ok i am somewhat at my breaking point... i don't mean to bash anyone on here, and for the most part, i too do like mods and rice every once in awhile (when it's tasteful or done to improve the overall performace of the car) but the styling of the tsx is so elegant, and afterall it is a luxury vehicle (you all knew that when you bought it) so how come so many of you on these forums, are running out and equipping it with insane body kits, honda replacement parts, hi-performace sports parts, etc etc. I feel like if you wanted some riced out sports car why didn't you buy something like a srt-4, gti, civic si, wrx, lancer-evolutaion etc. you could equip those with all the hi-performance parts you like and it owuld be totally legit... it's just my opinion that ricing out a luxury vehicle kind of defetas the purpose of buying in the first palce. am i alone on this?
I dont think you are alone at all, that even includes all the people you think are "ricing out" our tsx's. The majority of the people are putting on the OEM body kit, which I think is VERY subtle and you wouldnt even know it was aftermarket. I think if anyone put on a shopping cart spoiler they would get flammed to death! I also dont think that moding the intake is rice at all, from what others have posted you dont know its there until your slam the accelerator and the rear sway bar will only impove the 'sport' handling. it is imo a luxury/sports sedan.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Advanced

yeh i don't mean to start any kind of flame wars.. just opening up a discussion which i have yet to see on any of these forums.. everyone seems so amped up to do all these mods to their tsxs and i think the car looks beautiful just the way it is... it's a lot of money to mod, and is it really going to be worth it? it's a heavy car, a sedan, loaded with options (weight) most mods are done to shave seconds off a race.. if it's not a race car, and you're not going to be racing it, what's the point of having the mods?
Old 12-08-2003, 02:39 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ssm_tsx

Accord 6spd 17" rims

Why? Dont they look almot exactly the same?
Old 12-08-2003, 04:45 PM
Racer

Those are the ones I want..
Old 12-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Burning Brakes

i would just get an intake and some better tires.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:04 PM

Originally posted by dirk
yeh i don't mean to start any kind of flame wars.. just opening up a discussion which i have yet to see on any of these forums.. everyone seems so amped up to do all these mods to their tsxs and i think the car looks beautiful just the way it is... it's a lot of money to mod, and is it really going to be worth it? it's a heavy car, a sedan, loaded with options (weight) most mods are done to shave seconds off a race.. if it's not a race car, and you're not going to be racing it, what's the point of having the mods?
I see your point, its like with 10-20 extra hp, this car is going to turn into a rocket, I think a lot has to do with working on the cars, I know most of the mods that I plan to do and the body kit I have, I will want to do on my own. I guess that is just my feeling and dont get me wrong, I love this car and the way it looks and drives straight off the lot.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Registered AssHat

I modded mine for specific purposes:

1) Intake - I like the sound, plus it's a little more power to boot. Nothing major. If Hondata comes out with something that can take advantage of this (i.e. higher f/a ratio and lowered VTEC) it's great. No other engine mods are planned.

2) SNHOND3 - I wanted my MP3 player to play through the stereo speakers.

3) Speakers - I get great discounts on Polks and Inifinitys. I figure for the $90 it's worth it.

4) Sway bar - I don't plan on racing, but I'd like the "feel" of less body roll. Besides, easy and cheap mod.

5) Tires - The OEM tires are not very good. I think they are awful in the rain and roll onto the sidewalls too easy. For less than the cost of Michelins I can get better Pirelli's that sacrifice little in the way of ride quality or noise.

6) Wheels - I'm still undecided. I'd like lighter wheels for a bit more speed and the look of 18", but this is by far the most expensive upgrade for the benefit. I'm still undecided.

7) Lowering - Again, I'm not exactly comfortable screwing with an already great suspension. It'd just be for looks. Not to mention it's a pain in the ass.

So, ricey? No. Sporty, not really. I'm going for more of a "feel" that I want. The TSX is great the way it is, but I would like it to be a bit edgier without sacrificing the luxo part.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

ok the point of my post was to askfor oppinions and help. not to start a forum war. i was looking at adapting some music into my car, and puttin a shortshifter in, how riced is that. its all about the personal feel of the car, and id like to change it a little. if i got engine mods, it wouldnt be for the quarter mile times, it would be for the extra power when i want to use it in my day.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Advanced

ok the point of my post was to askfor oppinions and help. not to start a forum war. i was looking at adapting some music into my car, and puttin a shortshifter in, how riced is that. its all about the personal feel of the car, and id like to change it a little. if i got engine mods, it wouldnt be for the quarter mile times, it would be for the extra power when i want to use it in my day.
well excuse me for turning your wishlist thread into an interesting conversation. i will say to everyone that i apologize if i came off a little abrahsive in my first post, but as i've mentioned, i don't want this turning into a flame war. Just expressing my opinion and getting some of your own opinions. did i say something to the affect of "you're stupid if you mod your car!" no, i wasn't looking to enforce an opinion upon anyone, just mearly asking why a big majority of forum-goers are so into modding their car before even really enjoying it the way it is.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

its quite ok, i wasnt even offended at all, i just noticed alot of people react easy. still appreciating any input
Old 12-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Christmas list

3) a short shifter, i have only seen reviews on the comptech shifter, but i want to hear if anyones gottena neuspeed. and if anyone has a shortshifter, did you want to replace your shifter knob ( i do like the stock one tho).
I have the Neuspeed and the shift is very nice and smooth. I would highly recommend a short shifter regardless if it's a Comptech or Neuspeed, as they are both good.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:34 PM

edit: I guess I am going crazy so I will retract my post and replace it with

I love my TSX
Old 12-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Racer

Originally posted by virus7
edit: I guess I am going crazy so I will retract my post and replace it with

I love my TSX
you're not going crazy. I deleted my post...