Cdn's, what price are you paying for 06 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does the wholesale price of $34558 include freight/pdi/aircon?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:44 PM
4th Gear

Just purchased today at $39,205 OTD in Toronto.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:45 PM
4th Gear

Sorry, that's Auto w/NAV - $39,205 OTD.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
TSX4EVR

Auto with navi:
Felix - $39,930
Excited - $40,300
NewbieSid - $39,100
Mack - $39,205

Auto without navi
David Muny - $36,200
TSXdawg - $36,295
RTSX-ASpec - $35,835

6MT with navi
calvin_k - $38,173
cibs - $40,100

6MT without Navi:
Swirlie- $35,688
helraiser - $36,300
Robbo46 - $35,420
gdcwatt - $36,300
viffer - $35,633
Revenant - $34,870
allmypeople - $35,029
a_dee - $34,913

Excited
Old 06-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mack
Sorry, that's Auto w/NAV - $39,205 OTD.
wait a min excited. 39,205 OTD means with tax and all other fees.

does that mean you payed 34k for an auto with nav, before taxes!?!?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:32 AM
4th Gear

Sorry Tintin, that's $39,205 incl. all fees (Freight/PDI,Air Tax,Fuel Tax), before taxes.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mack
Sorry Tintin, that's $39,205 incl. all fees (Freight/PDI,Air Tax,Fuel Tax), before taxes.
i see, makes a lot more sense now. Still an excellent price!
congrats on the purchase!
Old 06-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Just filled out the paperwork this morning on an '06, Graphite Pearl, 6MT.

$35,330 (I also got them to cough up more $ to buyout my trade (04 TSX, SSM, 5AT) so I am very pleased.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:58 PM
TSX4EVR

Auto with navi:
Felix - $39,930
Excited - $40,300
NewbieSid - $39,100
Mack - $39,205

Auto without navi
David Muny - $36,200
TSXdawg - $36,295
RTSX-ASpec - $35,835

6MT with navi
calvin_k - $38,173
cibs - $40,100

6MT without Navi:
Swirlie- $35,688
helraiser - $36,300
Robbo46 - $35,420
gdcwatt - $36,300
viffer - $35,633
Revenant - $34,870
allmypeople - $35,029
a_dee - $34,913
YVRTSX - $35,330

Excited
Old 06-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Cruisin'

Hey Everybody! I finally purchased my 2006 TSX!! I paid $100 over invoice-base ($26,151) Silver/Quartz w/o Navigation. With TTL, and extra options-- the total is $28,399. Illlinois taxes are horrible!! As soon as I take delivery next week, I'll send a photo! Thanks to all of you for your wonderful help & assistance! I can't wait to get my new car!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Hmmm, seems Canada has been expanding recently; we now have Texas and Illinois.

And TinTin, buy a TSX ALREADY!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swirlie
Hmmm, seems Canada has been expanding recently; we now have Texas and Illinois.

And TinTin, buy a TSX ALREADY!
lol, the chances of me owning a TSX seems less and less realistic. I might put off buying a brand new car because i want to invest in opening a business and am trying to save everywhere i can. TSX is my fav car on the road and it saddens me that i might not own one, but i believe it is the right decision right now. to save all the money possible for my future. (trying to obtain wealth)
Old 07-02-2006, 01:33 AM
No Longer a Poseur

Yeahhh!

Well, after following this car since it's late concept car stage, I finally have one of my very own!

2006 5 Speed Auto, Alabaster Silver Metallic, No navi.

First Photo Shoot!

(in the 9th photo there, you'll see my dad on the left with his 05 TL, me in the middle with the 06 TSX, and my brother on the right with my old 01 1.7EL).

Upon reviewing my numbers, I think I probably got the worst deal on this car out of everyone else who bought the same model, but I'm happy with the deal nontheless. I paid $39,500 all in (including Freight, PDI, Air Tax, Tire Tax, GST). By my calculations, that's about $1906 off retail, and about $1600 over invoice (when you add the appropriate taxes to those values).

I think of the people in this thread, you guys averaged about 2803 off retail, which is pretty darn good...actually, out of the 4 possible basic configs of the TSX, that's the best average off MSRP.... If you average all the results from the other models, I guess my deal is pretty close to the average of 2071 off MSRP.

Oh, and for the simplicity of calculations, I was calculating final prices as if everyone bought their car in Alberta where there's only GST.

For the Edmontonians reading, I bought from Southview Acura. I *really* wanted West Side to get the sale, since it would have been our third car from them, and I do like their service department.... their location is also way closer to my home... I think Southview is almost 40KM away! I may just take the car to West Side after I get my first two services free from Southview.

[rant]

West Side I guess just wasn't hungry enough (They were down to very few TSXs and only one of my colour and config), plus the guy lied to me about their "Invoice cost" (the number he gave me was about $300 above invoice)....then he said he'd give us "employee pricing" which is $900 above invoice plus the admin fee. I think their final offer was 41K or so all in. Since I knew if I went to them with the Car Cost Canada report, I'd get a better deal already.

[/rant]

The only options on the car were the wheel locks, mud flaps, and block heater. In the next little while I intend to get the 3M rock guard installed for the hood, bumper and mirrors. Later this summer, I want to see if I can get a set of those nice RonJon Servo's.....I'll put the stock tires on those and use the OEM rims for winter. I *may* consider tinting the rear 5 windows, but only if it's not gonna cost too much.

So far, totally loving this car. It's a huge step up from my EL....and, aside from power, a little more "substantiality", and a few more electronic gadgets, it's not a huge step down from a TL. It's plenty powerful, smooth, and looks pretty dang sharp.

<-- Me.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Intermediate

man, I can't wait
I'll be getting mine in Nov
hopefully I'll get a great deal on 06 since 07 will be coming out around same time?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Cruisin'

I have been a little slow posting this, but have been very busy with work. My deal for a 6MT w/navi was $37,625 including PDI and all documentation before taxes, including wheel locks, rear guards, trunk tray and touch up paint. The amount originally negotiated was for $37,405 without the added goodies, so guess this is the number that should be posted.

An interesting side note is that I used David Muni's figures as a guidline with North Shore Acura and they wouldn't even come close to the above numbers, quoting $38,525 plus PDI. Then they tried all the standard sales BS when I was walking out the door. Needless to say I walked and this becomes the third Honda that the Open Road Group has lost a sale on because of high pricing and a unwillingness to negotiate. The only reason I even gave them a try was because we have generally been satisfied with their Honda service department, heard good things about their Acura's and had heard some negatives regarding the other dealers.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Flavious
You can import a TSX into Canada from the United States right ?

Here's a thought. On the news I heard the prediction that the Canadian dollar could be in parity with the US dollar within 18 months(its already near 90 cents US).
If that happens, you could import an auto TSX with navi for $30k instead of paying $40k locally(plus whatever importation charges).

I guess that means you would have to drive back to the US for warranty work ?
Honda/Acura will kill your warrenty if you buy in the states and take back to Canada. The warrenty will be killed in both countries not just Canada. Earlier, Toyo got sued for doing this, and they now honour warrenties in both countries, so there are lots of opportunities to bring Toyo/Lexi back. Eventually, all the Can. auto makers will have to lower their prices because some of them are 10-20K or more higher than US prices, after acounting for all the exchange etc. However, if Acura screws Canadians on the RDX you could buy in the staes and import duty-free (since it is a USA built car) and then buy an aftermarker warrenty in Canada. Or just buy a car whose company is not as greedy and pigheaded as Honda. In Windsor, a Michigan Lexi driver advertised late model used Lexus in the local newspaper stating how much you will save and that they will pay the duty if applicable. A freind bought a new Lexi over there and imported it back. I was going to buy a high end Miata over there, but it would need bumper mods - too much hassle. A canadian dealer gave me a good deal, plus 6% GST plus 2 years at 0%, so net difference went down from 6K (Can.) to <1K.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:58 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MikeMa
Well, after following this car since it's late concept car stage, I finally have one of my very own!

First Photo Shoot!

(in the 9th photo there, you'll see my dad on the left with his 05 TL, me in the middle with the 06 TSX, and my brother on the right with my old 01 1.7EL).

So far, totally loving this car. It's a huge step up from my EL....and, aside from power, a little more "substantiality", and a few more electronic gadgets, it's not a huge step down from a TL. It's plenty powerful, smooth, and looks pretty dang sharp.

<-- Me.
I can't stand light color cars but after looking at yours, my opinion has slightly changed.

Looks really good!!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
I am not Canadian...

But I just wanted to let you know that I did not know (until recently) that Canada had troops in Afghanistan fighting the war on terror (and hopefully gettin' Bin Ladin). From an American, I appreciate it.

My Dad is an Iraq war veteran, twice (Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom). He mentioned more than once that seeing more than just the US in the Middle East was good to see.

I hope that all your troops return home safely as my Dad did.

thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by cmschmie
I am not Canadian...

But I just wanted to let you know that I did not know (until recently) that Canada had troops in Afghanistan fighting the war on terror (and hopefully gettin' Bin Ladin). From an American, I appreciate it.

My Dad is an Iraq war veteran, twice (Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom). He mentioned more than once that seeing more than just the US in the Middle East was good to see.

I hope that all your troops return home safely as my Dad did.

thanks
The Canadaian Navy has been involved since October 2001 and ground forces have been involved since January 2002. Canadian men and women have died helping the Afghanistan people. Edmonton is home to many of the troops and their efforts make the news almost every day.

I also hope that all of the troops from a number of countries return home safely. I'm glad that your Dad did.

Excited
Old 07-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by zircon
Honda/Acura will kill your warrenty if you buy in the states and take back to Canada. The warrenty will be killed in both countries not just Canada. Earlier, Toyo got sued for doing this, and they now honour warrenties in both countries, so there are lots of opportunities to bring Toyo/Lexi back. Eventually, all the Can. auto makers will have to lower their prices because some of them are 10-20K or more higher than US prices, after acounting for all the exchange etc. However, if Acura screws Canadians on the RDX you could buy in the staes and import duty-free (since it is a USA built car) and then buy an aftermarker warrenty in Canada. Or just buy a car whose company is not as greedy and pigheaded as Honda. In Windsor, a Michigan Lexi driver advertised late model used Lexus in the local newspaper stating how much you will save and that they will pay the duty if applicable. A freind bought a new Lexi over there and imported it back. I was going to buy a high end Miata over there, but it would need bumper mods - too much hassle. A canadian dealer gave me a good deal, plus 6% GST plus 2 years at 0%, so net difference went down from 6K (Can.) to <1K.
i too have been thinking about importing a car from the US to canada. the price discrepancy between the US and canadian prices (after exchange, taxes, import fees, inspections, etc.), i think, is so significant, that i can't pass up the possibility of buying in the US.

fyi - i've been looking at the 06 g35c 6mt
Old 07-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Indian Acura Driver

First Photo Shoot!

Upon reviewing my numbers, I think I probably got the worst deal on this car out of everyone else who bought the same model, but I'm happy with the deal nontheless. I paid $39,500 all in (including Freight, PDI, Air Tax, Tire Tax, GST). By my calculations, that's about $1906 off retail, and about $1600 over invoice (when you add the appropriate taxes to those values).

I think of the people in this thread, you guys averaged about 2803 off retail, which is pretty darn good...actually, out of the 4 possible basic configs of the TSX, that's the best average off MSRP.... If you average all the results from the other models, I guess my deal is pretty close to the average of 2071 off MSRP.

Oh, and for the simplicity of calculations, I was calculating final prices as if everyone bought their car in Alberta where there's only GST.

For the Edmontonians reading, I bought from Southview Acura. I *really* wanted West Side to get the sale, since it would have been our third car from them, and I do like their service department.... their location is also way closer to my home... I think Southview is almost 40KM away! I may just take the car to West Side after I get my first two services free from Southview.

[rant]

West Side I guess just wasn't hungry enough (They were down to very few TSXs and only one of my colour and config), plus the guy lied to me about their "Invoice cost" (the number he gave me was about $300 above invoice)....then he said he'd give us "employee pricing" which is $900 above invoice plus the admin fee. I think their final offer was 41K or so all in. Since I knew if I went to them with the Car Cost Canada report, I'd get a better deal already.

[/rant]

The only options on the car were the wheel locks, mud flaps, and block heater. In the next little while I intend to get the 3M rock guard installed for the hood, bumper and mirrors. Later this summer, I want to see if I can get a set of those nice RonJon Servo's.....I'll put the stock tires on those and use the OEM rims for winter. I *may* consider tinting the rear 5 windows, but only if it's not gonna cost too much.

<-- Me.

Haha, we've got four in the family. But not our immediate family. Uncle has a TL, other uncle has an RL. Brother has a TL. Dad has an EL...and i'm hoping to pick up a TSX by the end of the year. I'll try to get photos of all four (hopefully six next year). Sister also might be trading in the Civic for either a CSX or an EL as well AND this year my uncle has decided (RL one) that he will ditch his Odyssey and upgrade to an MDX. Deal is just being worked through
Old 07-05-2006, 09:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

First Photo Shoot!

[rant]

[/rant]

<-- Me.
Whoa, I remmeber you from way back. Its about time, congrats.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
TSX4EVR

Auto with navi:
Felix - $39,930
Excited - $40,300
NewbieSid - $39,100
Mack - $39,205

Auto without navi
David Muny - $36,200
TSXdawg - $36,295
RTSX-ASpec - $35,835
MikeMa - $39,500

6MT with navi
calvin_k - $38,173
cibs - $40,100

6MT without Navi:
Swirlie- $35,688
helraiser - $36,300
Robbo46 - $35,420
gdcwatt - $36,300
viffer - $35,633
Revenant - $34,870
allmypeople - $35,029
a_dee - $34,913
YVRTSX - $35,330

Excited
Old 07-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Intermediate

Seize the Summer sale event...
what is this?
possible to get better deal? or is this just for Finnace/lease lower rates?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:50 AM
No Longer a Poseur

Originally Posted by allmypeople
I can't stand light color cars but after looking at yours, my opinion has slightly changed.

Looks really good!!

Thanks! That's not even waxed yet (washed twice, but no wax yet).
Old 07-08-2006, 12:58 AM
No Longer a Poseur

Originally Posted by importpsycho
Seize the Summer sale event...
what is this?
possible to get better deal? or is this just for Finnace/lease lower rates?

I believe it's just special financing and lease rates.

I'm not sure if this additional special is still being offered, but when I bought my car, I was also got an Acura "Loyalty" financing rate of 1.8% up to 48 months. The offer is extended to all current Acura owners (you have to prove that you currently own an Acura). So, that was pretty nice.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
TSX4EVR

Thanks! That's not even waxed yet (washed twice, but no wax yet).
ASM was my first choice. Fate took me to RBP which I am very happy with. I still think that ASM is a great colour.

Congrats to the new addition to your family.

Excited
Old 07-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Intermediate

anybody used APA.com?
just joined their membership and waiting for a report on TSX 6MT no navi
I'm going to dealers this weekend to deal

I would love to get a deal like this

Originally Posted by excited
Revenant - $34,870
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 PM
talk about mudflaps....

Recently picked up my TSX (6MT, no nav) in Calgary for $34,367. This includes freight/PDI, block heater, A/C tax, and AB tire tax, block heater and splashguards. Used www.carcostcanada.com.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
talk about mudflaps....

sorry, fat fingered that last one. This is the more acurate price: $35,917
Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 PM
TSX4EVR

]Auto with navi:
Felix - $39,930
Excited - $40,300
NewbieSid - $39,100
Mack - $39,205

Auto without navi
David Muny - $36,200
TSXdawg - $36,295
RTSX-ASpec - $35,835
MikeMa - $39,500

6MT with navi
calvin_k - $38,173
cibs - $40,100

6MT without Navi:
Swirlie- $35,688
helraiser - $36,300
Robbo46 - $35,420
gdcwatt - $36,300
viffer - $35,633
Revenant - $34,870
allmypeople - $35,029
a_dee - $34,913
YVRTSX - $35,330
dereksmalls - $35,917

Excited
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by dereksmalls
Recently picked up my TSX (6MT, no nav) in Calgary for $34,367. This includes freight/PDI, block heater, A/C tax, and AB tire tax, block heater and splashguards. Used www.carcostcanada.com.
Congrats on your purchase. You also benefited by the Alberta advantage of no provincial tax!

What colour did you get?

Excited
Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 AM
talk about mudflaps....

Decided on Silver. Mostly because I was tired of having to constantly clean the dark green of my previous car, and the dark blue of my wife's car.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Siege Tank Engineer

You can add me to the list. Got a CGP 06 non-Navi auto TSX for $37,730 here in Calgary.

Price includes freight/PDI, air/tire tax, block heater, rear splash guards, and locking wheel nuts.

My dealer had to do a dealer-trade to get the CGP and so they wouldn't give me anymore discounts.

They said they can given me about $400 off if I had taken an ASM, but I decided to get the CGP.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
TSX4EVR

]]Auto with navi:
Felix - $39,930
Excited - $40,300
NewbieSid - $39,100
Mack - $39,205

Auto without navi
David Muny - $36,200
TSXdawg - $36,295
RTSX-ASpec - $35,835
MikeMa - $39,500
Doom Dealer - $37,730

6MT with navi
calvin_k - $38,173
cibs - $40,100

6MT without Navi:
Swirlie- $35,688
helraiser - $36,300
Robbo46 - $35,420
gdcwatt - $36,300
viffer - $35,633
Revenant - $34,870
allmypeople - $35,029
a_dee - $34,913
YVRTSX - $35,330
dereksmalls - $35,917

Excited
Old 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Doom Dealer
You can add me to the list. Got a CGP 06 non-Navi auto TSX for $37,730 here in Calgary.

Price includes freight/PDI, air/tire tax, block heater, rear splash guards, and locking wheel nuts.

My dealer had to do a dealer-trade to get the CGP and so they wouldn't give me anymore discounts.

They said they can given me about $400 off if I had taken an ASM, but I decided to get the CGP.

Congrats on your purchase. My dealer also had to do a dealer trade to get my TSX. It came from a dealer in Calgary.

Excited
Old 07-19-2006, 03:15 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Just noticed yesterday that Acura Canada is running a 3.8% 48 month lease/60 month finance rate. Now is the time to jump on a TSX if you were in the market. $439/month lease with 0 down. Nice deal.

2.8 on the TL.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Siege Tank Engineer

Originally Posted by dom
Just noticed yesterday that Acura Canada is running a 3.8% 48 month lease/60 month finance rate. Now is the time to jump on a TSX if you were in the market. $439/month lease with 0 down. Nice deal.

2.8 on the TL.
Yep the 3.8% rate was a promotional rate during June. They've extended it until July.

Combined with the 6% GST since July, buying a TSX just became that much more attractive.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:32 AM
10th Gear

Just bought my Silver 2006 Acura TSX Non-Navi last night!! My first new car!!

I bought it for $35,200 including freight, before taxes and received $750 off in addition to that for their Recent Graduate program. Got brownie points for letting my wife drive it home, who was the driving force behind us going with the 6-speed manual transmission ("standard or nothing!")

I'M SO EXCITED!
Old 07-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chito
Just bought my Silver 2006 Acura TSX Non-Navi last night!! My first new car!!

I bought it for $35,200 including freight, before taxes and received $750 off in addition to that for their Recent Graduate program. Got brownie points for letting my wife drive it home, who was the driving force behind us going with the 6-speed manual transmission ("standard or nothing!")

I'M SO EXCITED!

35200 - 750?

or 35200 after 750 off?

Quick Reply: Cdn's, what price are you paying for 06 TSX?