AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   Can you guys help me out PLEASE??? (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/can-you-guys-help-me-out-please-651849/)

sauceman 07-13-2004 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by bgillette
yo...i got a quote of 25500 before tax and title........so guess what.......whos the PRO now and whos the people that OVERPAID!

Nice! Now run in to your local dealer, and show them the quote, and tell them they need to beat this price by a margin to get your business.

justinjsw 07-14-2004 02:11 AM

Like I said so many pros in this place.

npence 07-14-2004 02:41 AM

:just walks away:

jcg878 07-14-2004 07:23 AM

yo...i got a quote of 25500 before tax and title........so guess what.......whos the PRO now and whos the people that OVERPAID!

wow... you're INCREDIBLE and very IMPRESSIVE and I'm glad I've been READING THIS VALUABLE THREAD

congratulations on your NEW CAR, but I hope your POSTS IMPROVE :rolleyes:

robert_tsxgeek 07-14-2004 08:28 AM

That's STILL $500 too much in my book. Get'em to give ya mats & trunk trays etc...

BTW, kids we all aware of the "dealer holdback" on this car, no ?

jlukja 07-14-2004 09:35 AM

:popcorn:

fast1 07-14-2004 11:07 AM

I'm getting dumber the more I read posts on this topic! Congrats on the good price bg. For the hot heads- setlle down. Customers don't rip off dealerships- dealers don't have to give on lower prices if they don't want to.

bgillette 07-14-2004 12:26 PM

Dealer Holdback?

jlukja 07-14-2004 12:36 PM

Dealer Holdback?

:rolleyes:

bgillette 07-14-2004 02:11 PM

they are holding back amounts of cash....or the number of cars so that the supply and demand figures will increase thus driving their price up>?

Helicobacter Pylori 07-14-2004 02:34 PM

they are holding back amounts of cash....or the number of cars so that the supply and demand figures will increase thus driving their price up>?

You know TSX was originally scheduled to relase back in 80's? Damn they were holding back big time! :D

robert_tsxgeek 07-14-2004 03:00 PM

No they make you pay the down payment first then hold back your car for a few days
until you call in to say "hey ! what's going on ??....."
then when you're in to pick up you'll be greeted by a hot booty & they give ya hot towel & ginsen tea & want the FULL amount claiming the "deposit" was for unwrapping your car & cleaning & parking/storage.
F**king dirty thieves..., now I think about it I wanna puke...

:swear: :thief: :bawling: :snipe: :sick: :eww:

joerockt 07-14-2004 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by gt0279a
You should just work with the Fleet Department if you have bought so many cars.

:werd: Fleet mgr should get you just above invoice. But im sure in your 50 car dealings you already knew this...

joerockt 07-14-2004 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tsx-mdxman
Why are you trying to rip off the dealership? Ultimately, all you're going to accomplish is to lower the resale price on your car AND MINE, F*CKER. The margin on TSX's is not that large to begin with, Honda isn't gouging anyone. If you can't afford it, buy a Mazda 6S - a good substitute (saw off the spoiler, though). If you want to get $1K off MSRP, you need to go over to Infinity.

Rip off the dealership?? :rolleyes: Please, I got $1500 off of msrp with minimal haggling. No one is getting ripped off here. The dealership does the real ripoff when they offer 7K for my tradein that I sold myself for 10K...within a week...

Also, please show me where it proves that retail pricing effects resale value. Im calling you on that one beacuse I think you pulled it out your arse.

Margin on TSX's isnt that high?? :rofl: Do you work for a Saturn dealer?? :rofl:

joerockt 07-14-2004 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by tsx-mdxman
Advising someone they shouldn't expect to buy a $27K car for $25K and that perhaps they should look at something cheaper isn't condescending, it's common sense.

No, they should expect to buy it for $25,000.

You know, its funny how quickly cars that are "selling like hotcakes" all of a sudden become hard to sell when you get up and start to walk away from the dealer.

Comedy...You MUST be a sales guy...

joerockt 07-14-2004 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by robert_tsxgeek
No they make you pay the down payment first then hold back your car for a few days
until you call in to say "hey ! what's going on ??....."
then when you're in to pick up you'll be greeted by a hot booty & they give ya hot towel & ginsen tea & want the FULL amount claiming the "deposit" was for unwrapping your car & cleaning & parking/storage.
F**king dirty thieves..., now I think about it I wanna puke...

:swear: :thief: :bawling: :snipe: :sick: :eww:

:rofl: The "pro" dont "know"

Heres a hint bg, Acura dosent give their cars to dealers for free...go from there...

ricecake 07-14-2004 04:10 PM

It's getting a little hot in here, not in a good way.

As bg has gotten some, um, useful information and this thread has taken a not-so-great turn, I'm going to have to close it.

Try and be a little respectful of each other in the future (not pointing out anyone in particular).

justinjsw 07-14-2004 04:30 PM

Bunch of pros...plz

justinjsw 07-14-2004 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by joerockt
Rip off the dealership?? :rolleyes: Please, I got $1500 off of msrp with minimal haggling. No one is getting ripped off here. The dealership does the real ripoff when they offer 7K for my tradein that I sold myself for 10K...within a week...

Also, please show me where it proves that retail pricing effects resale value. Im calling you on that one beacuse I think you pulled it out your arse.

Margin on TSX's isnt that high?? :rofl: Do you work for a Saturn dealer?? :rofl:

Did you have a comment you needed to make joerockt? The thread has been re-opened just for you.

Retail pricing will always have an effect on resale values. Example, Q45s retails for 55K+ because its not a hot seller and discounts are steep it directly effects what a used one will/can sell for. Why do you think used Q45s are some of the best buys in the used car market. RLs are another example, they retail for 46K+ but actually sell in the 37k range new...what do you think that will do to the 02s and 03s? More incentives and rebates offered on new cars, the softer that same model used will be. Took that out of my arse.

Helicobacter Pylori 07-14-2004 10:11 PM

Dealers need to make a living too. Try to put our ass into their shoes.

justinjsw 07-14-2004 10:33 PM

Bottom line is if a dealer wants to sell below market value...thats their business. If they are ok with making a couple hundred bucks on a car who are we to turn them down. On the other hand if a dealer is selling in a hot market and inventory is low...they can ask for above market value...and who are we to call them a**holes.

justinjsw 07-14-2004 10:36 PM

This thread turned sour not because questions were asked about pricing. Its about the thread starter with a big ego and too lazy to do a search to find the answers he is looking for so instead he wants everybody to cater to him.

jcg878 07-14-2004 10:39 PM

this thread is open? :scratch:

justinjsw 07-14-2004 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by jcg878
this thread is open? :scratch:

re-opened

joerockt 07-15-2004 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by justinjsw
Did you have a comment you needed to make joerockt? The thread has been re-opened just for you.

Retail pricing will always have an effect on resale values. Example, Q45s retails for 55K+ because its not a hot seller and discounts are steep it directly effects what a used one will/can sell for. Why do you think used Q45s are some of the best buys in the used car market. RLs are another example, they retail for 46K+ but actually sell in the 37k range new...what do you think that will do to the 02s and 03s? More incentives and rebates offered on new cars, the softer that same model used will be. Took that out of my arse.

First of all, all my comments were directed at tsx-mdxman for the comments he made. Nothing to comment about your posts since most of them consisted of "huh, lot of pros here". But thanks for reopening the thread.

But I'll give you my 2 cents on your comments above. Your comparing apples to oranges. I got a discount of 1500 off of msrp for my TSX, what a REAL steep discount. :rolleyes: Your talking about a 46K car that is selling for 9K less? Not even in the same ball park. Of course that will effect the resale. Good points, but were talking about the TSX here, which was tsx-mdxmans main consern. Oh, and last time I checked there are no incentives or rebates for the TSX.

joerockt 07-15-2004 01:27 AM

Bottom line is if a dealer wants to sell below market value...thats their business. If they are ok with making a couple hundred bucks on a car who are we to turn them down. On the other hand if a dealer is selling in a hot market and inventory is low...they can ask for above market value...and who are we to call them a**holes.

Who is calling them aholes? Wasnt me. I got the same line from the sales mgr "OH, the CG 6MT w/NAVI is SO hard to find, its going to be difficult to discount, blah, blah, blah..."

Your talking about supply and demand, but your forgetting that each dealer has competition, regardless of the supply. And your fooling yourself if you dont think each dealer would try to out bid the other. Thats exactly how I got my discount from my local dealer.

I dont blame dealers that are firm on their prices that dont have any compition within a 50 mile radius. I had about 10+ Acura dealers competing for my business, so I was luckly I guess.

And finally, I wouldnt call any dealer who tries to sell a car above market value an ahole...

I'd call them "Out of Business".

justinjsw 07-15-2004 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by joerockt
First of all, all my comments were directed at tsx-mdxman for the comments he made. Nothing to comment about your posts since most of them consisted of "huh, lot of pros here". But thanks for reopening the thread.

But I'll give you my 2 cents on your comments above. Your comparing apples to oranges. I got a discount of 1500 off of msrp for my TSX, what a REAL steep discount. :rolleyes: Your talking about a 46K car that is selling for 9K less? Not even in the same ball park. Of course that will effect the resale. Good points, but were talking about the TSX here, which was tsx-mdxmans main consern. Oh, and last time I checked there are no incentives or rebates for the TSX.

Dude you make a blanket statement and i gave you a blanket answer.
I know your comments was directed at tsx-mdxman. And I know why the thread was closed. But you send a pM to a mod complaining I commented on the thread after it was closed. So I reopened just so you can make the last comment before its reclosed.
Hows that for service.

bgillette 07-15-2004 07:56 AM

Listen...bottom line is NO ONE IS BEING LAZY! I am just trying to get the best price possible. Why would ANYONE want to pay full price for something when it is CLEAR that people are getting it for less.

thank you to those who have responded and were helpful

to those who were not helpful....

robert_tsxgeek 07-15-2004 08:35 AM

Why would ANYONE want to pay full price for something when it is CLEAR that people are getting it for less.

:patriot: :captobvious:

joerockt 07-15-2004 09:33 AM

Dude you make a blanket statement and i gave you a blanket answer.
I know your comments was directed at tsx-mdxman. And I know why the thread was closed. But you send a pM to a mod complaining I commented on the thread after it was closed. So I reopened just so you can make the last comment before its reclosed.
Hows that for service.

Fair enough, have a good one...