Bunch of idiots tried to race me

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bunch of idiots tried to race me

I had my '05 TSX for 3 months now and what I have noticed recently was that when I'm driving on the freeways or streets, I get tailgated or suggested by bunch of idiots in their Acura Legends, Integras, Honda Civics and Accords wanting to race me.

WTF. Get the hell away from me and leave me alone! My car is stock and most of the time I'm in a middle lane driving at normal speed.

I used to drive a '91 Integra for 8 years before my TSX and nobody would come up to me on the street or freeway and try to race.

People that race on the streets and freeways are a bunch of losers and idiots. If you want to race, go on the track and do it legally. Just my
Old 04-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Instructor

yep, it will happen when you have a slick/sporty lookin vehicle. Looks pretty fast, but as we know, its not.

I have idiots try to "race" me when i'm on my R6 now thats funny to see.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
If I wanted to race someone, I would pick a slow car to race I mean, who wants to loose??
Old 04-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Advanced

I had a guy in a Jetta pull on me the other day. I didn't bite although I could have taken him, but he stayed beside me for about 1/4 of a mile reving and accelerating. It was annoying, but he finally went away.

I think that these guys are just trying to see what a TSX can do. They are obviously not familiar enough with them to know that they aren't race cars. They see them on the magazines and assume they are fast and are looking for a show.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DCyamaha
yep, it will happen when you have a slick/sporty lookin vehicle.
My brother bought a brand new bright yellow GTO. Few people try to race him - most slow down and stare.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by wsklar
If I wanted to race someone, I would pick a slow car to race I mean, who wants to loose??

It would at times be nice to be able to back up the cars speedy looks.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by domn
It would at times be nice to be able to back up the cars speedy looks.
i usually drive 70mph in the middle lane anyway, so no one really figures i like to drive fast and no one tries to race me. if they do, i just keep the same speed and they will eventually decide to change lanes and pass me. people can be lame....
Old 04-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by DCyamaha
yep, it will happen when you have a slick/sporty lookin vehicle. Looks pretty fast, but as we know, its not.

I have idiots try to "race" me when i'm on my R6 now thats funny to see.
I raced my friends r6, actually it wasn't much of race.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Racer

Still dont understand why people find street racing so unbelievable. I always thought of it as if you spend money, time, energy on modding your car, why not use it to its full potential??? If you use your car as a daily driver, then 99% of your driving will be on daily roads. Who only unleashes there car for only the 1% of the time you will be at the track???
Old 04-07-2005, 02:33 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Triz08
Still dont understand why people find street racing so unbelievable. I always thought of it as if you spend money, time, energy on modding your car, why not use it to its full potential??? If you use your car as a daily driver, then 99% of your driving will be on daily roads. Who only unleashes there car for only the 1% of the time you will be at the track???

Your not only endangering your life but more importantly the lives of innocent people. Its the wrong thing to do.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
My Love & My Life

Originally Posted by tsxforme2005
I had my '05 TSX for 3 months now and what I have noticed recently was that when I'm driving on the freeways or streets, I get tailgated or suggested by bunch of idiots in their Acura Legends, Integras, Honda Civics and Accords wanting to race me.

WTF. Get the hell away from me and leave me alone! My car is stock and most of the time I'm in a middle lane driving at normal speed.

I used to drive a '91 Integra for 8 years before my TSX and nobody would come up to me on the street or freeway and try to race.

People that race on the streets and freeways are a bunch of losers and idiots. If you want to race, go on the track and do it legally. Just my

why are you upset? it's cali. people race every day and every night regardless. police can't keep up with them. i saw a program on tv when i was in cali that people race on highways and shitt like that. they don't care about traffic. and i have to agree, to a certain degree, with what TRIZ08 said. the best thing you can do is to ignore them. pay them no attention.

i don't street race. every now and then, i tend to go up to 130. this is only when am going to philly and when the traffic is light. once in a while, someone from no where wants to race me. what i do is 1) step on it so they can't catch up (just have to watch out for the po po :angryfire ) or 2) i slow down to let the other driver know am not up for it. end of story.

jpl
Old 04-07-2005, 03:34 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I had the same
78 mustang wanted to race, I ignored them and continued to listen to my music also a Kcompresser wanted to also race...

Obviously I let them run off, but wow is the tsx that fast looking of a beast?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Still dont understand why people find street racing so unbelievable. I always thought of it as if you spend money, time, energy on modding your car, why not use it to its full potential???
Because it is illegal. :cop: Plus you put others in danger and that is probably the most unthoughtful stunt someone can pull. There are others on the road besides you and your car.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Racer

People dont try to race you because they hate you and want you to die. People try to race you because they are enthusiast who either find a thrill in racing, or they like to compare there cars to others. If you modify your car, you might as well be asking for people to try to race you. For me, i think racing and car modification as a love, its something i really enjoy doing. So i dont find myself endangering other peoples lives, if i drive fast yeah so what, its not like im gonna be running red lights and swerving in and out of heavy traffic.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Racer

BTW... F*** the police!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:53 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

People dont try to race you because they hate you and want you to die. People try to race you because they are enthusiast who either find a thrill in racing, or they like to compare there cars to others. If you modify your car, you might as well be asking for people to try to race you. For me, i think racing and car modification as a love, its something i really enjoy doing. So i dont find myself endangering other peoples lives, if i drive fast yeah so what, its not like im gonna be running red lights and swerving in and out of heavy traffic.

Lets hope you apply all that energy to tommorrow night.

I'm hoping you hit 15.4-15.5
Old 04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
No-navi, yo

Ahh, I see a speed racer whose is enthusiastic in modifying car and race. Have you race in the track before? Why do you only have 1% of the time to spend on track?

As for me, I don't mod, and I am too chicken to go on the track to race. And you, you mod, but are you too chicken to bring you mod car to the track and go head to head with others take it seriously??
Old 04-07-2005, 03:59 PM
G2 TSX

If you modify your car, you might as well be asking for people to try to race you.
This is false. It's only the dumbasses out there too blind and dumb to realize that a modified car = owner's personal decision and is not an invitation for a race.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Racer

Well i guess theres lots of dumb ass people out there then jack. And its also the owners decision whether they would like to race or not. Its not illegal to pull along side another car to see if they would like to go or not.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Racer

i dont enjoy going to tracks i guess neve rbeen to one before. I just enjoy cars themselves. How the work, what all the little parts do, just overall automobiles.

I may be considered an asshole dumb driver by some, but hey atleast im having a hell of a time while other wish they could be reckless and a hazzard to everyones life just like me.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:09 PM
No-navi, yo

Well i guess theres lots of dumb ass people out there then jack.

Yes, I agree with you.

[/QUOTE] And its also the owners decision whether they would like to race or not. Its not illegal to pull along side another car to see if they would like to go or not.[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal either to drive a convertiable with the top off in the rain..., but I don't see too many people do that... I wonder why?
Old 04-07-2005, 04:12 PM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by Jack Slate
This is false. It's only the dumbasses out there too blind and dumb to realize that a modified car = owner's personal decision and is not an invitation for a race.

Funny thing. Late last weekend I was running on the streets just revving my engine away to hear the sweet sound of the CAI. The all of a sudden a 350z pulls up next to me and does the whole "let's go" routine. He's got his girlfriend in his car trying to show off to her. We get to a stoplight and he guns it. I just drive normally, grandma-style and let him pull away. Seriously, did he even think that I was a threat to him? I was just happy playing with the myself, and the CAI also.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I may be considered an asshole dumb driver by some, but hey atleast im having a hell of a time while other wish they could be reckless and a hazzard to everyones life just like me.
I know I shouldn't feed a troll...

But I do enough highway driving to realise at what extent one can endanger another.

And if you were doing that shit in my neck of the woods, I would be on my cellphone right away calling the cops on you. I'd make sure you'd hurt at least somewhere for such a foolish, childish, nonsensical attitude.

No respect for life whatsoever. That's just great.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Accidents happen and at high speeds they are almost always deadly. Therefore you ARE putting others in danger. It is a pretty black and white subject. Plus I love to shoot guns and enjoy it very much, but I do it at the gun range not on my block in front of kids and other innocent bystanders.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
BTW... F*** the police!!!
Triz08
Old 04-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Racer

i drop alot of acid... sorry
Old 04-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by NightShredder
Plus I love to shoot guns and enjoy it very much, but I do it at the gun range not on my block in front of kids and other innocent bystanders.
just because you can doesn't mean you should
Old 04-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Racer

i realize now that i must be crazy since im finding out that accelerating hard and redlining is so dangerous. I never said i go 90 through kids negihborhoods or public parks or areas. Who ever said i was a dangerous driver. I said i enjoy cars, racing, and i dont find it wrong for people to attempt to race on the streets. Whenever i race, they last for about 8 secconds and they are over back to normal speed. I realize im not in the movie 2 fast 2 furious flying in between cars in heavy traffic in such. I just feel that if a car wants to rip it, go ahead, just dont be an idiot about it.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xizor
Yeah, but who's the one to say whether i should or not???
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xizor
I don't really know what you mean by that, but my point was that I DON'T blast off right in front of my home even though I probably could. I do it at the range. Just like speedracer boy should race at the track.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro

i realize now that i must be crazy since im finding out that accelerating hard and redlining is so dangerous. I never said i go 90 through kids negihborhoods or public parks or areas. Who ever said i was a dangerous driver. I said i enjoy cars, racing, and i dont find it wrong for people to attempt to race on the streets. Whenever i race, they last for about 8 secconds and they are over back to normal speed. I realize im not in the movie 2 fast 2 furious flying in between cars in heavy traffic in such. I just feel that if a car wants to rip it, go ahead, just dont be an idiot about it.
I agree that there is nothing wrong with a short, careful road race here and there. However, racing in traffic with no regard for other drivers is plain stupid. Overall, it sounds like your attitude about driving sucks . You are mature enough to drive, so how about acting like it?
Old 04-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

lawmakers...police...common sense...
Old 04-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Racer

I agree with you there Night, but where i live, theres a ricer or some loud car always taking off at almost every redlight i come to. I really never thought of it to be that bad where people think im on the verge to go off on a killing rampage. I guess im too young for your guys thinking.
Moderator Alumnus

The law says so foo!

Don't get me wrong. I love racing as much as you do. I drive a hell lot more than you do. Still, I keep it for the tracks. And race I do, And fun I have.

But I don't endanger, nor do I risk anyone's lives doing it. Mama didn't raise no fool.

You need a good beating. Sometimes it's the only way to get some wisdom in one's head before they actually kill someone.
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by NightShredder
I don't really know what you mean by that, but my point was that I DON'T blast off right in front of my home even though I probably could. I do it at the range. Just like speedracer boy should race at the track.
you missed what I was saying, I was agreeing hence the
Old 04-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Triz, just be safe out there man. This is coming from someone who also likes to drive fast on the freeway. Just be careful out there because you have to remember that you don't have any control of the bad drivers out there. One mistake by them, could cause you to crash.

Although nothing bad has happenned to you yet, it only takes one time, one bad driver changing lanes in front of you, for your whole life to be changed. When you're going super fast on the freeway if you hit a piece of debris, blow out a tire, or get cut off unexpectedly, then you don't have very much time to react.

Just be careful and if you are going to try to race, try to resist, but when you do pick and choose your spots wisely. Be considerate and don't endanger the lives of others.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Racer

Ok, so everyone here who disagrees with me is obviously saying they dont ever run their cars hard on main roads or highways....?????? Please answer that....
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Triz, just be safe out there man. This is coming from someone who also likes to drive fast on the freeway. Just be careful out there because you have to remember that you don't have any control of the bad drivers out there. One mistake by them, could cause you to crash.

Although nothing bad has happenned to you yet, it only takes one time, one bad driver changing lanes in front of you, for your whole life to be changed. When you're going super fast on the freeway if you hit a piece of debris, blow out a tire, or get cut off unexpectedly, then don't have very much time to react.

Just be careful and if you are going to try to race, try to resist, but when you do pick and choose your spots wisely.
TSX536, i like you, lol

The ONLY thing i get worried about when i push my car are OTHER drivers. I dont trust anyone for anything. I LIVE IN FLORIDA, everyone drives crazy here.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro

I run my car hard now and then. But that doesn't mean I drive like a little punk.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Ok, so everyone here who disagrees with me is obviously saying they dont ever run their cars hard on main roads or highways....?????? Please answer that....
Yes I do run my car hard every once in a while. I choose my times. I do it on desert roads.

When you race someone, you're not alone on the road. And if, seeing a danger you slow down, but the other one doesn't, crashes and causes a casualty, you are just as liable.

Quick Reply: Bunch of idiots tried to race me