Bullshiting dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by swami
Hey Jason...Just turned 100 miles today of pure driving bliss. I was a bad boy and exceeded 4000 rpms on a couple of occasions though. I feel for ya havin to wait another 2 days.
Actually dude, I have to wait another week. :'(
Old 07-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Acura Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by justinjsw
All this brings up a good point...What is a reasonable offer to the dealer? How far are you willing to drive to get the lowest possible price? Would you drive 200 miles round trip to save 200 dollars?

What if you found a TV at Best Buy for 299.00 dollars...drive to Tweeter and found the same TV for 329.00...would you 1) Drive back to Best Buy to buy that TV for 299.00 or 2) Tell Tweeter you saw the TV for 299.00 at Best Buy and you want to pay that price?

When you sell your car or your home do you sell to the highest bidder or the lowest?

When you sell your car and it needs a 60K tune-up...Do you 1) Tell the buyer you have already completed the service even though you haven't or 2) Tell the truth?
1...Consumers should realize that the salesman needs to make a living too BUT the salesman should also realize that if they expect the consumer to pay NEAR MSRP, they should throw in some freebies to make the buyer feels like they got a good deal.
2...Sell to the buyer who can get the loan!
3...only if they ask...they're gonna try to get you to lower the price anyway.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by justinjsw
All this brings up a good point...What is a reasonable offer to the dealer? How far are you willing to drive to get the lowest possible price? Would you drive 200 miles round trip to save 200 dollars....
Hey Justin,

It doesn't have to be this complicated. A buyer will pay whatever the car is worth to that buyer or the lowest available price, whichever is lower. A seller will sell for whatever the car is worth to the seller, or the highest offered price, whichever is higher. If there are any overlaps in this range, then a sale takes place.

Looking at the TV example, I will give Tweeter the chance to sell the TV to me for $299, but I refuse to pay an extra $30 to sustain their less efficient supply chain.

It is up to the buyer to know what he is buying and up to the seller to be honest. Beyond these basic facts, the seller doesn't have to provide any info other than those required to be disclosed by law, IMO.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:08 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally posted by MotownTSX
Man, MrChad!!! That is scary...that is exactly how I did mine!

End of month, late at night (8:30 p.m. ), was pre-apporved, and whipped out my check.

Got $4550 off the asking price.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So guys and gals, it really does work! Try it!!!
Having the oppertunity to purchase a car and be a dick doing it can be a wonderful thing I love car shopping price haggling is my favorite part too. :P
Old 07-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrChad
Having the oppertunity to purchase a car and be a dick doing it can be a wonderful thing I love car shopping price haggling is my favorite part too. :P
I'm gonna let the salesman in me post this one. I sold a customer 2 ATV's yesterday, but he didn't have a way to get them home. He was gonna line up a trailer this morning. He did his paperwork yesterday[bought extended warranty's on both] which I made nothing on. He called me today at 5:15 to say he was running late and would be there by 6:30, mind you we close at 6:00 and I have no key. I tell him I'll leave the ATV's out and wait for him to get there. I go get a 6-pack and proceed to wait....and wait...and wait. Finally 8:00 rolls around and the dude shows with a 24' enclosed trailer he bought. Hands me a $20.00 and says thanks for waitin for me. I made a total of $50.00 on the whole deal, $70.00 if ya count the $20.00 he gave me. Let's just say that if I wasn't sittin in my new TSX jammin, readin the manual, readin the misc. bullshit, I'd a killed this fucker. I make a little more than $10.00 an hour and I work 55 hours a week as it stands. It made me want to ask him how much he gets paid an hour and if I inconvenienced him 2 hours what would he consider an appropriate tip. I was gettin pissed but when he got there I played it off. I told him "That's a nice trailer" and help him load. The next time you feel like being a dick to a salesman, don't be surprised if it comes back to haunt you.:pfawk:
Old 07-25-2003, 11:00 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally posted by swami
..... I make a little more than $10.00 an hour and I work 55 hours a week as it stands. It made me want to ask him how much he gets paid an hour and if I inconvenienced him 2 hours what would he consider an appropriate tip. I was gettin pissed but when he got there I played it off. I told him "That's a nice trailer" and help him load. The next time you feel like being a dick to a salesman, don't be surprised if it comes back to haunt you.:pfawk:
Being a Dick over the price of the car, and being an asshole after purchasing your car are 2 different things.
I'd have told the ass on the phone we close at 6 and left, you must be a much nicer person deep down then I am.
Or you think he's going to buy another ATV.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:53 AM
Instructor

I make a little more than $10.00 an hour and I work 55 hours a week as it stands. It made me want to ask him how much he gets paid an hour and if I inconvenienced him 2 hours
$10 an hour, waited 2 hours, $20 tip. Seems like you got paid fair and square!

Hahahaha......:P