break in period?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up break in period?

Hey everyone,
Just joined AZ and JUST sealed the deal on a black 2005 TSX w/ebony interior. I cant WAIT to pick up the car. I wanted to get opinions on the break in period for the cars engine. When I asked the dealer about it, I was told not to put the car under full acceleration or take it above 4000 rpms for the first 1000 kms. Im wondering if others were told the same/similar info when they got their cars? For some reason 1000 kms seems a bit low to me. Anyone have any imput,...............I really want to take good care of this car and break it in right,........and look forward to being able to get those revs up over 4000rpms after the break in period. I apologize if this has been discussed in another thread,.......I didnt see one while I was looking around before I wrote this.

BTW, I think AZ license plate identifiers are a good idea for AZ members,.........and if anyone in the Toronto/Hamilton/Niagara/Waterloo region see's a shiny black TSX with a 22,...soon to be 23yr old caucasian male at the wheel with a big smile on his face,........give a wave or a thumbs up.

Steve
Old 09-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Sorry,
I found the break in stuff after I posted my msg. Didnt mean to put up a useless thread,.............very sorry.

Now that I have wasted peoples time surely,..........when I purchased my TSX from from the dealership I was one of a lucky 11 that the dealership is sending to Mosport to drive F2000 race cars,.........on their pocketbook of course. Talk about a bonus to buying a car,.........getting free track time in a race car and instruction. Is anyone at AZ by chance one of the other lucky 10 individuals that will be going to Mosport in October with me????? This will be an awesome experience,...the cars have a non synchro gearbox,...........I hope I do well.

If you live near Hamilton (Ontario, Canada) and are thinking about a TSX,....as of the 31st of August there were a few spots still left,............I was number 7 or 8 of 11. Generally speaking, Acura of Hamilton did a great job of finding us our TSX (there are like NO black ebony TSX's,............ours is in port in VANCOUVER,...and they secured it for us,....fresh off the boat) and their sales people were great. If you are from Toronto or anywhere near Hamilton,..............you should check out this dealership,.............I ended up with a good deal on my TSX,......and I get to go drive race cars now.

one happy new TSX owner

Steve
Old 09-02-2005, 08:17 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, welcome to the club
Old 09-02-2005, 08:31 AM
HOWARD911S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never heard of you can not take it above 4000 RPM. cause any slightest acceleration will take it to 3000 if nto 4000 already. the fule i follow is. ill take it up there and fast, but i do it gradually. i follow the rule that RPM can go up. but it never get there abruptly... its like when u are cold u dont just run full throttle cause u gonna pull something.. so u accelerate gradually never floor the car.. but u can drive 70-80 no problem at all....... thast what i did and at 22500 miles now. my engine is smooth as hell. dont make any sound except that silky sewing machine sound well known for honda!!!!!!!!