Bored ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bored ?

How long have you owned your car and are you bored with it ?

If you are what will your next car be ?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Racer

I am not bored with my car. I have just begain to mod it. Its an 04 auto (worst mistake I made when I bought it) but my next car will most likely be the TL the G35 or if the tsx comes with a turbo from the factory for sure the TSX. I was thinking about a used geo metro though
Old 05-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

The TSX is new and is the wife's car, but I have to admit it's given me the new car bug. Not so much that I'm bored with my truck, but the fuel economy along with the "I want I want" factor has certainly played a role.

I've had my truck for 18 months. Unfortunately, what brings me back to earth is its resale value. It wouldn't cover the cost of any of the vehicles I'd want (A3 is first on the list) in place of it.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:51 AM
is cuteness

8 days, and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it! I love every minute of driving!

If I could get another car.. I'd go for the Infiniti FX35, or the RDX!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I've had my TSX a year and a half now and still love this car. But if I can to trade up, I'd probably go with a 350Z..........the FX35 is nice too.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
No boredom here, I love my car. But if gas continues to climb, I might think about trading in for a Civic/Civic hybrid. I don't want to, but I don't like paying up the ass for gas and can use the money elsewhere. Right now it's not too much of an issue, as I'm living very close to work, but I'm going to be househunting in a year or two and the more "affordable" houses are much farther away.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
The only boredom that I got was with driving an automatic. I remedied that by switching to an 06 with the MT. The car is fantastic and I enjoy it every time I get behind the wheel.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had mine since may 2003, and no, I'm not bored with it.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Have camera, will travel

Almost 2 1/2 years and I love it more now than when I bought it. Did a few mods to up the ante a bit (Hondata, A-Spec suspension, body kit), and the car is a blast to drive. Will be doing tires and RSB soon.

If I was to seriously consider another car, I'd be looking pretty hard at an ED E90 330i. Not likely to happen any time soon, though, I like the TSX too much.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro

not bored with it. Occasionally have a desire for a 'new' car but quickly come to my senses by realizing there's really nothing else out there that both appeals to me and is within my price range. I'd like more room for my 2 kids and their stuff (rdx, new CRV, a wagon), but will likely hang on for 2 more yrs.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Instructor

My car will be one year old on May 27. There are a couple of stone chips on it after the winter but I still love it.

If I were to buy a car today, I would consider the new Camry Hybrid and the 07 Altima.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:29 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
got mine in late 2003 and have about 50K miles so far and am still enjoying it, when i do buy a new car i would like to get something that is closer to the level of performance i am looking for without having to do so many mods. not sure what car that will be at the time as i am not currently planning on buying.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Well ive been a long time follower of this board and i used to own a 2003 saab 9-3. For the obvious reliability reasons its driven me towards the tsx. YOU CANNOT beat the TSX when it comes to value, reliabiltiy, included options, and price. You cannot even come withing 5-6k of the price on the following cars if you add the options to make them equvilent to the TSX.

saab 9-3(well with the on going fire sell gm is having you might get a little lower)
audi a4
lexus is250
bimmer 325i

and im not currently interested in any other cars. Ive test driven the auto TSX before and wasnt all that "moved" by it so i did what everyone recommends and drove the 6 speed this weekend after i drove the A4 (which was alright, but i wasnt impressed by handling, ride quality, interior space) I was sold on the TSX after that test drive. But i made on fatal mistake. After i left the acura dealer i went and test drove a new 325i. Its a sweet car it really is, handling, acceleration, exterior looks(so much better in person), and the larger size . I took it thru some turns with my 60 year old sales man and even the base model that i was driving out handled anything that ive ever drove/ rode in - It is nothing short of amazing.

BUT

Obviously the near 6k price jump over the TSX (to get it equiped with xenons, bluetooth, sunroof, heated seats, healight washers) but i still would miss out on things like built in XM and and a few other things im interested in. Plus in my opinon you cannot beat the tsx interior. The BMW borderlines on boring and has small radio displays and everything is lit in bmw red/ orange coloring.(which im not a huge fan of)

It all seems like such a better deal to get the tsx which ive wanted for such a long time. But im afraid if i do i will regret it within a couple of months of the purchase.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've had my '05 tsx since january 2005. not bored with it, nor am i looking to replacing. every once in awhile, i do get that new car bug when people i know get new cars. i really miss that new car smell...but that quickly goes away when i realize how awesome my car is and just how lucky i am to have it.

i'm probably gonna get silver stars for my car, so that's exciting.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Burning Brakes

have the cars 2 yr now since not feel a bit bored on it but I did keep modding it bit by bit and my dc header is waiting to install next week. And actully, I feel bored on my E46 even I keep modding it but still feel bored of driving it.

And what make me bored is those argument of XXXX use real wood or real aluminum trim so it is a better car....
Old 05-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
No boredom here, I love my car. But if gas continues to climb, I might think about trading in for a Civic/Civic hybrid. I don't want to, but I don't like paying up the ass for gas and can use the money elsewhere. Right now it's not too much of an issue, as I'm living very close to work, but I'm going to be househunting in a year or two and the more "affordable" houses are much farther away.
is the fuel economy of the civic that much better? i am a big advocate of hybrids, but a diesel is actually a much better option now. and honestly, not that the civic is a bad car, but how can you go from a TSX to a civic?! at lesst you're not stuck with a gas guzzling SUV!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
The only boredom that I got was with driving an automatic. I remedied that by switching to an 06 with the MT. The car is fantastic and I enjoy it every time I get behind the wheel.
i'm with CGT here, i've had the TSX since december. It's my fiance's car, so she does most of the driving. I drive whenever we go somewhere together and on long trips. I'm incredibly bored with the auto already, and it's not even 1/2 year. next time we go home, i'm forcing her to attempt to take a manual for a ride. it'll be a grand ol time.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by ianS
have the cars 2 yr now since not feel a bit bored on it but I did keep modding it bit by bit and my dc header is waiting to install next week. And actully, I feel bored on my E46 even I keep modding it but still feel bored of driving it.

And what make me bored is those argument of XXXX use real wood or real aluminum trim so it is a better car....
i agree to a point. my dad just got a great deal on a used ES300. it's a sweet car, the leather is definitely nicer ins the lexus, and the wood is nicer. the leather might be something i'd consider another car for, but the tsx leather is pretty sweet. the wood does nothing for me. i don't ever touch it, and my dad was actually surprised that it doesn't look that different from the lexus "real" wood.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bradykp
is the fuel economy of the civic that much better? i am a big advocate of hybrids, but a diesel is actually a much better option now. and honestly, not that the civic is a bad car, but how can you go from a TSX to a civic?! at lesst you're not stuck with a gas guzzling SUV!
Believe me, I don't want to go to a Civic or Civic Hybrid, but yes, the gas mileage is much better (look it up on www.fueleconomy.gov or Honda's website). If there was a diesel TSX, I'd be all over it, but there isn't. Right now the only diesel cars available that I know of are a $57k MB and a Jetta, neither of which I would touch based on reliability issues and price of the MB.

With the Civic, one thing I'd have to do most definitely is change out the cloth seats for leather. But it has no HIDs or other things that I like so much on the TSX. I said it before that I just wish that one company would put together a smaller car like the TSX, with all its features, AND one that gets great gas mileage like the Civic. I hate dealing with all the trade-offs.

And with the EPA's strict NOx standards for diesels, I doubt we'll ever see many more here in the US. It's really a shame.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Believe me, I don't want to go to a Civic or Civic Hybrid, but yes, the gas mileage is much better (look it up on www.fueleconomy.gov or Honda's website). If there was a diesel TSX, I'd be all over it, but there isn't. Right now the only diesel cars available that I know of are a $57k MB and a Jetta, neither of which I would touch based on reliability issues and price of the MB.

With the Civic, one thing I'd have to do most definitely is change out the cloth seats for leather. But it has no HIDs or other things that I like so much on the TSX. I said it before that I just wish that one company would put together a smaller car like the TSX, with all its features, AND one that gets great gas mileage like the Civic. I hate dealing with all the trade-offs.

And with the EPA's strict NOx standards for diesels, I doubt we'll ever see many more here in the US. It's really a shame.
looks like the regular civic will get you about 5mpg better, the hybrid....a whopping 20-25mpg better. guess it is worth it, if you like the civic. i'm not a fan of the new design.

if you could convince some friends who drive SUVs and drive up the cost of fuel to get a smaller car, maybe gas prices would start falling.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I've had my '04 6MT for 1-1/2 years and I love it. I've modded it here and there and I look forward to driving it every chance I get. To work, to the store, to the club, to the gas station (currently average about 26 mpg all-purpose). It's fun to continue to mod here and there, it has clean, classic lines and it looks fantastic inside and out.

I will drive it into the ever-lovin' ground.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Love my T. But when the new evolution drops I think I might have to make some moves to own it
Old 05-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Instructor

The Acura CSX sold in Canada would suit your requirments. It's a Civic but you can opt for leather, HID, and Navi.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Advanced

I hope this car will be my next

Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by afax226
The Acura CSX sold in Canada would suit your requirments. It's a Civic but you can opt for leather, HID, and Navi.
Interesting, now why the fawk can't they have that here? Would be awesome if it came in a hybrid, too.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Interesting, now why the fawk can't they have that here? Would be awesome if it came in a hybrid, too.
Because the USA thinks the RSX is too down market for the brand, so certainly a "super civic" wouldn't work.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Then make it a Honda, not Acura. I don't give a crap what brand it is, I just want all those pieces together in one car!

LOL...Super Civic.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my TSX March of this year.

The nav and 6MT (especially the 6MT) will keep me satisfied for many years to come.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
got our in April, not bored at all and still loving the SS auto - no regrets at all.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got bored of it pretty fast....but just keep modding to make myself like it...because, i don't even want a sedan to start with...

next car will be along the lines of G or Z...something more powerful with MT and it's gotta be a coupe!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

TSXing since Jan 2004...never bored yet...sometimes yearn for more pull on the freeway but I'm not complaining. Thanks to the way the sportshift is programmed, it makes driving the AT all the more enjoyable. I've thought of switching to a 330ci but everytime I see my shiny black pearl I remember back to when I first saw it in the showroom, drove it and felt the bang from my buck. I still get a grin after driving. She's all stock now, but once my warranty is up then it's open season on mods.

No plans for another car, but if I were in the market it would be a TL or 530i. I would probably get a house first before I buy another car.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
I've had mine since may 2003, and no, I'm not bored with it.
only I've had mine since Dec 03.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:22 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Pretty bored, but I've gotten bored of all my cars in the past. I was on the verge of trading in my 98 GS-R that I owned for 2 years for a Type R before I totaled it. I drove a 2000 Civic for 3 years before trading it in for the TSX and my AT TSX was trading in for a MT TSX after 2 1/2 years. So I get bored pretty fast.

I've pretty much decided that I'll be leasing from here on out. Hopefully starting in 2010 with a Turbo TSX
Old 05-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Pretty bored, but I've gotten bored of all my cars in the past. I was on the verge of trading in my 98 GS-R that I owned for 2 years for a Type R before I totaled it. I drove a 2000 Civic for 3 years before trading it in for the TSX and my AT TSX was trading in for a MT TSX after 2 1/2 years. So I get bored pretty fast.

I've pretty much decided that I'll be leasing from here on out. Hopefully starting in 2010 with a Turbo TSX
So you're keeping the MT TSX till 2010?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:00 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
So you're keeping the MT TSX till 2010?

At the very least. Not really by choice, more like my wife's choice.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
When i'm bored I add on a mod, but yet i dont get bored with the car ever. I just want something new