BmW vs TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 05:23 PM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by nuke
Rear wheel drive really sucks in a Canadian winter. I could not count the number of times my neighbour has been stuck in his 5 series BMW (no snow tires)..even in his own laneway. I considered the 3 series, however it was way too overpriced, a more cramped cockpit with very expensive maintenance and the reliability does not approach Honda or Acura. A wonderful car to drive (in the summer), though.
That's what I've been saying, too (as a former BMW owner), and I don't even live in Canada. As some people have said, a lot of places in the northern U.S. have basically the same deal -- and so I'm surprised that more "state-siders" don't give this more emphasis. And, you know, Acuras aren't bad to drive in the summer either.

Planman -- Right on! Of course, though, he doesn't have the BMW. As some people have noted, he doesn't even know the car.

Flash of insight: Maybe he's a dude from the BMW forum who was put out by my "scotch tape" story??

Heck, he may have been one of the little kids I pulled it on.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Cruisin'

now i understand why bmw drivers gets stereotype as cocky and buy just for the name ... is because of guys like him making stupid threads like this :'( i have a bmw 3 series and my mom is picking up her white tsx on thursday ... the 3 series overall is alot nicer then the tsx but cost alot more and is not really in the same league so u can't really compare the two ... and i doubt that u really have a bmw cause the one in the picture u posted is a M3 CSL with the shadow chrome paint which is not avaiable ... and if u can afford the M3 i don't think u would of gotten the tsx in the first place

What model 3 series do you have? If it's a 325 i'd be very interested to hear in what manners you think the tsx is out of it's league. No flames, just opinion.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:16 PM
More On

Originally posted by ACS3
.....What model 3 series do you have? If it's a 325 i'd be very interested to hear in what manners you think the tsx is out of it's league. No flames, just opinion.
Sounds like you're addressing this to our esteemed thread-starter. Believe me, he don't have no BMW.

I had a 320i for 12 years -- a long time ago, but from having been in 3's more recently, I can say for sure it was very similar to the current 325, maybe actually a bit better in responsiveness if not handling (which was very close too). But it was nothing but trouble, maybe because it was the first year for the model ('77). Why did I keep it for 12 years? Because I'm stubborn, and because when it was good, it was good.

I don't think the TSX is at all out of the league of the BMW 3. The Bimmer has a slight advantage in power and handling as well as in overall feel of quality, but it's very slight. And in my very humble opinion, that advantage is very greatly outweighed by Acura's far-better reliability and the advantages of FWD.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:40 PM
I love my G sedan

Re: BmW vs TSX

Originally posted by BmWRULES333
I think the bmw 3 is so much better than the tsx. Dont get me wrong in anyways im not saying the tsx sux that much, im only saying that its NOTHING comparing to the bmw 3 series. U guys should do wut i did and trade in ur tsxs and buy a bmw 3. Trust me u'll thank me for it :P
European car owners are so arrogant. You think bmw 3 is so much better than tsx? I think you are just an idiot. Comparing your piece of shit to any Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura vehicle is humiliating us. Look at the reliabiltiy of our vehicles, alway top five, new or used doesn't matter, but where are BMW and M-B and Audi? Right around the average right? BMW should really learn how to make a nice warm interior. TSX is way better than 3-series, period.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:44 PM
More On

Re: Re: BmW vs TSX

Originally posted by SilverCL225hp
......Look at the reliabiltiy of our vehicles, alway top five, new or used doesn't matter, but where are BMW and M-B and Audi? Right around the average right?.....
Silver Cloud is actually giving those cars the benefit of the doubt. According to Consumer Reports' system -- whose criteria are probably the closest to what is really meant by "reliability" -- all of those makes are well BELOW average.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: BmW vs TSX

Originally posted by SilverCL225hp
European car owners are so arrogant.
not all european car owners are arrogant ... if u check on 3 series forum alot of people like the tsx and other cars ... is just a few losers like the thread starter that makes people stereotype towards european car owners :'(
Old 07-25-2003, 09:15 PM
More On

Re: Re: Re: BmW vs TSX

Originally posted by ACS3
not all european car owners are arrogant ... if u check on 3 series forum alot of people like the tsx and other cars ... is just a few losers like the thread starter that makes people stereotype towards european car owners :'(
Right on. Even on that thread from the BMW forum that was "linked" to here, I thought what they said about TSX was pretty balanced. The main criticism of them that I would make, if any, is that they're less knowledgeable about cars than the people on here.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:21 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These TSX vs all threads can get old fast. BMW makes GREAT cars, period. But just because a BMW is good , doesnt make the TSX bad. They both have their pros and cons... and are both very nice cars. Its different strokes for different folks. Lets try not to stoop to the level of some idiot trolls. IMO, this thread should have been locked right away, because its intents was to start an argument not a discussion.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Oh boy ... I don't mind the 325 or even the 330 folks coming on here ... but M3 vs. TSX? Holy smokes someone has issues...

That's it ... I am going to post on the Yugo forums ... I am getting a complex about my car
Old 07-25-2003, 10:08 PM
More On

Originally posted by fdl
These TSX vs all threads can get old fast......Lets try not to stoop to the level of some idiot trolls. IMO, this thread should have been locked right away, because its intents was to start an argument not a discussion.
Gotta disagree a bit. Yeah, we don't want just trolling and idiocy. But, if we just close threads like this right away, it looks like we're afraid -- either on behalf of the TSX, or that we're not up to the debate.

That troll didn't know it, but we ARE up to this debate, and any other also. And so is the TSX. I say to them, bring it on! What we did with this dude was basically what Muhammed Ali did to George Foreman. Let dudes like this say their piece, punch themselves out, and we can stand strong and say our thing.

And didn't we have a good time, after all?
Old 07-25-2003, 10:13 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by larchmont
Gotta disagree a bit. Yeah, we don't want just trolling and idiocy. But, if we just close threads like this right away, it looks like we're afraid -- either on behalf of the TSX, or that we're not up to the debate.

That troll didn't know it, but we ARE up to this debate, and any other also. And so is the TSX. I say to them, bring it on! What we did with this dude was basically what Muhammed Ali did to George Foreman. Let dudes like this say their piece, punch themselves out, and we can stand strong and say our thing.

And didn't we have a good time, after all?
Ya but he really wasnt interested in what we had to say, and to him we didnt prove anything. I just dont think we should stoop to that level. I am always up for a good debate , but IMHO he just came here to instigate or get a reaction.

Sorry to be a party pooper Its just..times this 1 thread by 10 and you'll see why my fear is. I've seen it happen.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:20 PM
More On

Originally posted by fdl
Ya but he really wasnt interested in what we had to say, and to him we didnt prove anything. I just dont think we should stoop to that level. I am always up for a good debate , but IMHO he just came here to instigate or get a reaction.

Sorry to be a party pooper Its just..times this 1 thread by 10 and you'll see why my fear is. I've seen it happen.
I think it depends on how we handle it. If we do it like we did it here, it certainly doesn't encourage more.

And it doesn't matter whether the thread-starter (aka "troll") is interested in what we say or whether he's open to anything. The main thing is, as some of us used to say (for those of you who care about history, this is actually from the '72 Democratic Party convention), "The whole world is watching." Not just the members, but a whole lot of visitors and possible future members are watching, and we might as well look as good as possible to them. I say that we accomplish this better by taking on all comers and doing well, than by shutting things down.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:21 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I think it depends on how we handle it. If we do it like we did it here, it certainly doesn't encourage more.

And it doesn't matter whether the thread-starter (aka "troll") is interested in what we say or whether he's open to anything. The main thing is, as some of us used to say (for those of you who care about history, this is actually from the '72 Democratic Party convention), "The whole world is watching." Not just the members, but a whole lot of visitors and possible future members are watching, and we might as well look as good as possible to them. I say that we accomplish this better by taking on all comers and doing well, than by shutting things down.
I just think you like to argue
Old 07-25-2003, 10:26 PM
More On

Originally posted by fdl
I just think you like to argue
Well, you know what they say -- We do what we can!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Well, you know what they say -- We do what we can!
Well ... I think we all know who the captain of the a-tsx.com debate team is.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:41 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Isn't the TSX a European car? (Just made in Japan.)
Would that make TSX owner arrogant?

Or would the TSX have to be mfg. in Europe?
Would that make the mid-80's Le Car European?
Old 07-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Banned

Larch doesn't argue, he yaps. Yap yap yap yap. That's how he got banned on the dark side --- yap yap yap to one of the administrators.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:46 PM
More On

Originally posted by MrChad
Isn't the TSX a European car? (Just made in Japan.)
Would that make TSX owner arrogant?

Or would the TSX have to be mfg. in Europe?
Would that make the mid-80's Le Car European?
Too complicated for me.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:51 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Too complicated for me.
That's funny coming from Mr. Cryptic-Riddle comment.