BMW Response to TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ianS
I didn't say my T5 is slow. I said the response is slow. The throttle, the brake, the steering are all like 5sec delayed.
lemon or slightly exaggerated.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ianS
I didn't say my T5 is slow. I said the response is slow. The throttle, the brake, the steering are all like 5sec delayed.
You probably got lemon'd or something because I've driven a friend's S60, and gotten rides from him a lot. The car feels pretty powerful on a straightway, and it works for regular turning/lane changing. It feels just as responsive as a Camry, and feels more powerful than one as well.
If your hitting every corner at 50+ mph, it probably wont handle it, and you'll crash. Since you and your mom got into that many accidents /w the volvo, and haven't died yet, seriously, the volvo is preventing you from dying.

Since my friend hasn't gotten into any accidents for almost about 2 years, he decided to give you some suggestions below after reading your comments on Volvos:
1. dont cut people off
2. dont brake after cutting someone off
3. dont hit a corner at 50+
4. definately dont corner at 50+ when its iced/rained over
5. check your mirrors and blind spots
6. allow people to change their lanes, and stop tailgating
7. turn off those highbeams, theyre blinding everyone

Happy Driving
Old 01-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by sccpu3d
You probably got lemon'd or something because I've driven a friend's S60, and gotten rides from him a lot. The car feels pretty powerful on a straightway, and it works for regular turning/lane changing. It feels just as responsive as a Camry, and feels more powerful than one as well.
If your hitting every corner at 50+ mph, it probably wont handle it, and you'll crash. Since you and your mom got into that many accidents /w the volvo, and haven't died yet, seriously, the volvo is preventing you from dying.

Since my friend hasn't gotten into any accidents for almost about 2 years, he decided to give you some suggestions below after reading your comments on Volvos:
1. dont cut people off
2. dont brake after cutting someone off
3. dont hit a corner at 50+
4. definately dont corner at 50+ when its iced/rained over
5. check your mirrors and blind spots
6. allow people to change their lanes, and stop tailgating
7. turn off those highbeams, theyre blinding everyone

Happy Driving

nice, and i hope sarcastic. ian did mention he hasn't gotten in accidents with his other cars, trying to prove that it's not his driving (Which may or may not be true). maybe it's the way he drives + the volvo just don't mix well. like, if i bought a mustang GT, i'd get 5 speeding tickets a week.

anyways, i fail to believe the volvo gets in accidents because it doesn't drive well. the driver has to be at some level of fault here. if the volvo doesn't respond well, then drive more cautiously. i had a 91 sentra and was driving for a period of time with struts that needed to be replaced. for that period of time, i never went above 55 on highways, and often avoided highways altogether, because the car would be horrible if something happened and i needed to react quick.

volvos are good cars, and ian has a bad experience with a volvo to tell. Definitely not a testement to what a Volvo is though on an overall level. They are great cars. I woulda got the s40, but it's too small. the s60, is slight too expensive. plus they just aren't in the "sport" category to me. more of a "sedan" that i'll consider driving when i'm 30-35.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 PM
NYC Pot Hole Dodger

That is very unprofessional. You should call the dealership and complain to his superior.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Ford Sales Consultant

Unhappy :(

Originally Posted by cusetsx
Volvo's have been Forderized. They've lost alot of their quality ever since.
<---------
Old 01-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggs
<---------
Do you own a TSX? Lurking?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to scope the competition (IS250) a few weeks back. The salesperson was very professional. He also owned an IS250 himself and was telling me the good points and also the quirks with the car. He actually told me that the adaptive cruise control would accelerate your car once you let your foot off the brake, which was in contrast with other cruise systems where you have to press the resume/accel button to reactivate cruise control.

He asked what car I was driving now. I told him and he said, that is a good car. This car (IS25) is more orientated towards luxury. And then he showed me the interior.

Very professional. He acknowledged that the customer's car was good as well, and then proceeded to show off the advantages of the IS250. No bad mouthing at all.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Volvo's definitely have not been "forderized" the quality is still there. i miss the old boxy volvos, but they are in no way comparable to ford.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by aaronng
I went to scope the competition (IS250) a few weeks back. The salesperson was very professional. He also owned an IS250 himself and was telling me the good points and also the quirks with the car. He actually told me that the adaptive cruise control would accelerate your car once you let your foot off the brake, which was in contrast with other cruise systems where you have to press the resume/accel button to reactivate cruise control.

He asked what car I was driving now. I told him and he said, that is a good car. This car (IS25) is more orientated towards luxury. And then he showed me the interior.

Very professional. He acknowledged that the customer's car was good as well, and then proceeded to show off the advantages of the IS250. No bad mouthing at all.
cause he knows your in a car that packs a lot of value, and you're looking at a car that doesn't, but power wise, is ultimately the same.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Ford Sales Consultant

Not lurking...I like reading these forums. I am researching I guess, for when I finally do buy one.

Won't be for a while though...

I "lurk" on the other make/model forums. I happen to want one of these.

Diggs
Old 01-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bradykp
nice, and i hope sarcastic. ian did mention he hasn't gotten in accidents with his other cars, trying to prove that it's not his driving (Which may or may not be true). maybe it's the way he drives + the volvo just don't mix well. like, if i bought a mustang GT, i'd get 5 speeding tickets a week.

anyways, i fail to believe the volvo gets in accidents because it doesn't drive well. the driver has to be at some level of fault here. if the volvo doesn't respond well, then drive more cautiously. i had a 91 sentra and was driving for a period of time with struts that needed to be replaced. for that period of time, i never went above 55 on highways, and often avoided highways altogether, because the car would be horrible if something happened and i needed to react quick.

volvos are good cars, and ian has a bad experience with a volvo to tell. Definitely not a testement to what a Volvo is though on an overall level. They are great cars. I woulda got the s40, but it's too small. the s60, is slight too expensive. plus they just aren't in the "sport" category to me. more of a "sedan" that i'll consider driving when i'm 30-35.
Yep, haha sarcastic xD, but yeah, definately can't drive a volvo to a TSX's limit i guess. Maybe TSX's can round corners at 50, or cut people off with perfect agility; however, i guess you cant do the same /w a volvo. =/
Old 01-25-2006, 08:22 AM
4th Gear

Don’t worry about what the salesmen told you; the only thing that batters him is that he looses you as a client with is translated to: no sales commission. NO $$$$

Something similar happened to me when I was looking for a new car in 2004. The cars that were in my buying list are: Acura TSX, Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Mercedes C Class and Subaru Legacy.

My old car was an Acura Integra and my first pick to replace it was the Mercedes C Class. Before getting into the C Class I was wondering of how the service was, so I asked the salesperson what was included in the warranty and the service. The sales person ask me: “Why you are asking about service and warranty before seeing the car? And I responded “Because right now I have an Acura Integra”. The sales person responds “Don’t expect the same service from Mercedes. We cannot provide the same treatment to our customers as Lexus and Acura do”. So after that answer I rush to the Acura dealer and got my TSX.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggs
Not lurking...I like reading these forums. I am researching I guess, for when I finally do buy one.

Won't be for a while though...

I "lurk" on the other make/model forums. I happen to want one of these.

Diggs
That's cool. Just joshin' on ya. Hope you get one, they're great!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by javierr

My old car was an Acura Integra and my first pick to replace it was the Mercedes C Class. Before getting into the C Class I was wondering of how the service was, so I asked the salesperson what was included in the warranty and the service. The sales person ask me: “Why you are asking about service and warranty before seeing the car? And I responded “Because right now I have an Acura Integra”. The sales person responds “Don’t expect the same service from Mercedes. We cannot provide the same treatment to our customers as Lexus and Acura do”. So after that answer I rush to the Acura dealer and got my TSX.
damn...
Old 01-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can work your way through all the bad grammar and spelling, what Martin Kaine (nice pics, BTW) has done is call several hundred thousand BMW owners, who also own a Japanese car, "STUPID, careless, and/or irresponsible!", and probably, "Cheap!" I'm sure that he wishes them all well, as they and their families drive around in their deathtraps.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Ford Sales Consultant

No problem!

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
That's cool. Just joshin' on ya. Hope you get one, they're great!
No problem...like I said I read a lot of competitor make/model forums, but this was the only one I registered for...cause I can see the value in this company and the TSX.

The guys I work with hassle me all the time because I am constantly reading about the TSX...saying "there he goes with the Acuras again".

Was just driving my Focus and passed a TSX. The guy driving was probably wondering why a guy in a Focus with dealer plates was eyeballing his Acura so bad.

Now...back on topic...your salesperson can make all the difference in the world. I see it every day. Some of us are honest too! Just remember we are all human...and we have bills too.

Of course...Acura isn't closing plants either.

Diggs
Old 01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm a llama :(

I hate sales people like that. He has no right to insult your desicion, it's your money you can do what you want with it. It's very childish to do what he did. He didn't get what he wanted, so tries to make you feel stupid? What an asshole.

I'm also VERY offended that he would use the term "Jap" to ANYONE, especially a customer/potential buyer.