Bluetooth Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Options

Hi everyone, been browsing for a while now, decided to make my first post

I own a 2005 TSX with Nav and I'd really like to add some sort of hands-free solution to my car (bluetooth).

I'd like to integrate it into my Nav - making it as OEM as possible.

I've reviewed the Parrot options and that's really not what I'm looking for. Is there an upgrade that exists where I can retro-fit a Bluetooth system to integrate into my Nav?

I don't mind drilling holes for the mic, and/or getting it professionally installed.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know of any systems that can integrate with your nav. I have a motorola IHF1000 that works great. I don't have a visual display but the voice prompts work great and integrates with the radio to mute speakers and such when calls come in.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:58 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

There is a system that integrates with the nav (Raytel)... I was a beta tester for the company, and still have it currently installed in my vehicle. The model # is the Tellphone 5000vi --- "vi" for video interface. Raytel has since been bought out by Funkwerks Germany, and now offers a new line of products that, unfortunately, no longer includes that type of system. However, you can still find them floating around the net. The brain is controlled by a small rotary knob that you can mount anywhere you like, and all call information is displayed on the nav screen. The "OEM" integration requires a mute harness (such as those from QuickConnect), as well as a PAC brand RGB converter (similar to Dom's unit sold on these forums). This makes it a fairly expensive solution... but it is nice. The advantage of taking this approach is that it does not affect any existing iPod adapters you may be running in your TSX such as the iSimple, USASpec, etc.

I am also currently testing for Scosche, which manufactures the BlueFusion line of kits. They released one for Honda 2 months ago, and I am currently testing its compatibility with the TSX, although I'm in the process of moving between houses, so I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces. All call information displays on the nav screen, and the system automatically mutes when a call is received or placed. Unlike the Raytel unit, all control can be done from the existing steering wheel controls, so it is as close to "OEM" as there is at the moment. There is a catch though... while the Raytel can be used in conjunction with all of the iPod solutions available out there, the Scosche unit cannot. Similar to the approach that the iPod adapters take, the Scosche adapater mimicks the XM function to integrate with the head unit. Because of this, you cannot run the Scosche and an iPod adapter in serial.

Hope that helps... I don't frequent these boards as much as I used to, but I'll keep an eye on this thread if you or others are looking for more info.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Just a side bar on the Scosche... you *can* still run an iPod with it; however, you have to get a bluetooth adapater to output the audio. The Scosche will work w/ any AD2P device, but you'll lose the capability of searching through your library a la the nav screen. Track info is also not displayed anywhere, other than the device itself.