Bluetooth compatibility list

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth compatibility list

Hi everyone,

I had an idea for a thread I wanted to start and just wanted to run it by everyone. I did a little searching but could not find what I was looking for.

I wanted to know if there was a list of phones and their compatibility with our cars. HFL might be different between the TSX and other models, because the TSX does not have a traffic module which is included in other Acuras. I was thinking we could have a thread, sort of like the hondata sign-in one, where we can list the phone and its compatibility. For example, if I were to start it, this is the info I'd want on the list.

Car, Phone, Service Provider, Able to place calls, Able to receive calls, Able to hang up, Signal strength, battery life, roam indicator

TSX, Nokia N80, Cingular, able to place calls, able to receive calls, able to hang up, no signal strength, no battery life, no roam indicator

And anyone can add to this list. Just to clarify, I actually can't remember if my phone shows signal strength, battery life, or roaming. I'll double-check later tonight.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Instructor

One other peculiar thing about my phone, if I initiate the call using the car, everything is fine, but if I actually dial numbers on my phone, even though it looks like it's paired with my car, it won't work properly. I need to use the car to make outgoing calls.

Feel free to add miscellaneous info as well. I've read that some phones have an issue with hanging up, and require the person on the other end of the line to hang up.

One cool thing about the Nokia N80 is there is actually an icon that looks like a car that indicates the phone is linked to the car. There is a separate icon that looks like a headset when you are connected to a bluetooth headset.

Ok, probably too much info. Back to the list...

Car, Phone, Service Provider, Able to place calls, Able to receive calls, Able to hang up, Signal strength, battery life, roam indicator

TSX, Nokia N80, Cingular, able to place calls, able to receive calls, able to hang up, no signal strength, no battery life, no roam indicator
Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2006 TSX, Motorola Q (verizon), makes, receives call, battery indicator, roam, Signal

Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) makes, receives call, battery indicator, roam, Signal

I will have a Treo 755P (Verizon) soon to test as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeucla
One other peculiar thing about my phone, if I initiate the call using the car, everything is fine, but if I actually dial numbers on my phone, even though it looks like it's paired with my car, it won't work properly. I need to use the car to make outgoing calls.
Once the handset starts ringing in your ear, press the "initiate call" button (top one) on the steering wheel and say "Transfer". The call will transfer to the HFL, and Voila!

Additionally, if you arrive at your destination and are still on the phone, press the same button and say "transfer" to send the call back to your handset before exiting the car.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by stogie1020
Once the handset starts ringing in your ear, press the "initiate call" button (top one) on the steering wheel and say "Transfer". The call will transfer to the HFL, and Voila!

Additionally, if you arrive at your destination and are still on the phone, press the same button and say "transfer" to send the call back to your handset before exiting the car.
Thanks for the tip! Gotta try that. Back to the list...

2007 TSX, Nokia N80, Cingular, makes calls, receives calls, able to hang up, no signal strength, no battery life, no roam indicator

2006 TSX, Motorola Q (verizon), makes, receives call, battery indicator, roam, Signal

Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) makes, receives call, battery indicator, roam, Signal
Old 05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Advanced

There is a lenghty thread concerning compatible phones in the TL forum.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by msbesq
There is a lenghty thread concerning compatible phones in the TL forum.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the thread below is what you're talking about.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89299

It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. My only concern is that I've heard the bluetooth module in the TSX is different than the one in the TL. The traffic function on the navigation is linked to the bluetooth module, and traffic is only available on the TL nav, not the TSX nav, so the bluetooth module is probably different.

I'll assume the TL thread info applies to the TSX until I find otherwise, though.