Black interior or tan interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 10:20 AM
TSX Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black interior or tan interior?

I am super close to making a final purchase of the TSX, and the only thing holding me back is my decision on the color combination. I have narrowed it down to two choices: black w/parchment interior or silver w/black interior. Both are sharp looking, but I have pros and cons about each:

I like the parchment interior, as it seems more spacious and highlights the luxury-like touches of the interior design and finish. But, the black exterior shows dirt and scratches more easily (which has been discussed at length in other threads), and the tan carpet and leather seats would show dirt easily, too, making that combination the most high-maintenance of all choices.

The silver car is nice, but the black interior makes the cockpit seem smaller and camoflauges the interior detailing. Classy on the outside, but not as "luxurious" on the inside. But, it definitely will keep its good looks longer.

Has anyone else gone through a similar dilema or experience to sway my decision one way or the other? Did you regret the color choice afterwards and wish you had gotten another?
Old 11-30-2003, 10:31 AM
BDI
Banned

Ebony.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

I have the former color combo that you mentioned. I don't regret it and I think the TSX looks especially sharp in black, but it does require a lot of washing. I like washing it myself in the summer/spring etc, but not now (esp where you are). Now I take it to a no cloth pressure wash every week or 2, and that works pretty well.

On the interior, the armrest is starting to show the need for cleaning, but it's taken 5 months to get to that point so I don't think it's too bad. The carpets show dirt quickly though - i just shake them out and vacuum only occasionally.

No regrets yet.

edit: my interior hardly gets hot at all in the summer compared to my fiancee's gray leather interior - THAT is a nice plus.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Tan interior is definitly the best. It gives your car the luxury feeling.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Advanced

I love my parchment interiour. It looks much more rich IMO and has several benefits such as cooler in the summer, brighter interior if you plan on tinting front windows (police wouldn't bother you as much) and has a nice effect with the black upper dash and beige lower dash create the two-tone effect. I replaced my standard floor mats with the black rubber all weather mats, which copy the two-tone effect again. The beige carpet floor mats will look old and dirty in no time at all. Hosing down the all weather mats takes no time with no mildew smell showing up either.

The last thing I have to say about showing dirt is that its there whether you see it or not. I like to keep my car clean, so my parchment interior looks as good as new.

IMO the interior is what sets the TSX apart. The parchment has a luxury atmosphere, while ebony feels sporty. I sat in both interiors for a while and the parchment just felt right.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Black. All the other colors show too much dirt, imho.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:39 AM
2006 DGP Sold 10/24/2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 35kcdn
The parchment has a luxury atmosphere, while ebony feels sporty
Well put.

I love the ebony interior in my Carbon Gray pearl, especially the way it contrasts with the silver trim. I would have considered the parchment if it had something other than the wood trim included.

Santa Rosa Steve
Old 11-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I am waiting to pick up my black on black TSX tomorrow!

I thought that the black interior was definitely more sporty looking (esp with the titanium trim) whereas the parchment interior was more luxurious. I guess it depends on what your preference is - I definitely was leaning towards sporty and so I chose the black interior! Both look nice though!
Old 11-30-2003, 03:53 PM

I love the black interior on my TSX. I liked the sporty interior better than the Parchment/ luxury look. I do however wish I had a Silver car. The black is hard to take care of most of the seasons in this area. My driving habits have also change since I purchased my car. Due to more travel I am parking outside much more than I did before. Silver is IMO the easiest color to care for, especially in New England.