Best NW Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:42 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best NW Dealers

Who's got the best prices in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington for Acuras in general?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Nobody does. Since April, I've seen a few people post about very small discounts, but most have paid MSRP. If I decide to buy the TSX, I'm going to seriously consider driving across the country to get a deal (I like road trips anyway).

Here's what I can remember from what I've read on both sites. If anyone has info on NW dealers, please post!

Acura of Bellevue - Some people negotiated discounts of a few hundred dollars off a long time ago, but I haven't heard anything recently. They don't put on second sticker markups on the TSX, which is a good thing.

Acura of Seattle - They put huge (around 2k) markups on their cars, but you can easily talk them down to MSRP (but I haven't heard of anyone paying less than MSRP, though).

Acura of Lynnwood - Haven't heard anything about them. But I have been there before to look at what they had, and I saw second sticker markups on their TSXes in stock ($1800 if I remember correctly).

Acura of Portland - I haven't heard of anyone paying less than MSRP there. I heard their markups are ridiculously high.

Ron Tonkin Acura - I've only heard of one person who purchased from this dealer, and he/she paid MSRP.

I haven't heard anything about the Boise dealership.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Registered AssHat

Originally posted by shaf
Acura of Bellevue - Some people negotiated discounts of a few hundred dollars off a long time ago, but I haven't heard anything recently. They don't put on second sticker markups on the TSX, which is a good thing.

Acura of Portland - I haven't heard of anyone paying less than MSRP there. I heard their markups are ridiculously high.

Ron Tonkin Acura - I've only heard of one person who purchased from this dealer, and he/she paid MSRP.
- Acura of Bellevue. I had contact them and had negotiated $300 off MSRP and floor mats, cargo net, trunk tray, wheel locks free early May. I ended up not purchase due to a similar deal that was closer.

- Acura of Portland (a.k.a. Dick Hannah) - I checked with them in early May about a TSX. They wanted $4K over MSRP and told me anywhere else I go I would pay the same. Overall I was not treated very well and had a displeasurable experience.

- Ron Tonkin Acura - I bought my TSX early May from James LaFleur (Internet/Fleet Manager) for MSRP and free accessories. Very professional straight forward and was very pleased walking out. Also, "snap" a member of ClubTSX bought his TSX from Ron Tonkin as well for MSRP.

My vote for Portland local is, unless you get a super deal somewhere else, I liked Ron Tonkin.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I last bothered to speak to a salesperson at Acura of Bellevue (Rob?), he told me that I should put down a $1000 deposit but that it was not refundable (which, from other threads, sounds like it may be a lie/illegal unless it's in the contract they have you sign). He also said they were going for MSRP, but I told him I've read of people getting $1500 off, which kind of flustered him :-)

I think I'll go thru (or at least try) the Internet sales @ Acura of Bellevue when I'm ready to buy. It's still a car dealership (apologies to the exceptions out there, but car salespeople are pretty slimey in general and tend to leave me feeling dirty), but it's a decent one overall (bought my current car there).