Which is the best NJ acura dealer to deal with?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is the best NJ acura dealer to deal with?

My first post!!!!
I have 1 month to go on My 2004 Audi TT lease and I think I am going to buy or lease a 2007 or 2008 TSX. I live in Jersey and the the two closest dealers to me are Boardwalk Acura and Acura of Ocean. Does anyone have any experience with either dealership? I had a bad experience with Acura of Ocean 7 years ago an was turned off to buying an Acura and since then I had an Audi A4 and a Audi TT but I am willing to give them a second try if the price is right. It seems Ocean Acura has the largest inventory around. Any feedback would be great.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:54 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

I've had nothing BUT terrible experiences at Acura of Ocean... they're always significantly higher on pricing, and their service team always found a way to scratch my vehicles, found things "wrong" with the cars that end up costing hundreds of dollars (despite the cars being a few months old), etc. Now, I drive a little bit extra with my TSX and MDX to Ryan's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick. They really are a top notch operation... especially compared to Ocean. Even my father now takes his TL-S to East Brunswick after finally agreeing to give them a shot, and he lives <15 minutes away from Ocean.

Good luck. My best suggestion to you is to get online price quotes from the dealerships. That way, you don't have to waste your time in person (provided you've already taken a test drive).
Old 08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
i am a part-time resident of toms river and also live in nc. I do not know anything about jersey acura dealers but I bought and get my 06 tsx serviced at lehigh valley acura in emmaus pa. excellant service with great service manager and advisors. they do not try to sell unneeded service.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Last time I was in the market for an Acura was about 7 years ago. I was dealing with Ocean Acura for an Acura CL and we had just finalized a deal for a silver automatic w/ nav. We had everything done, credit card swiped, all paper work filled out and when it time to go outside to get the vin number off the car, the saleman could not find the silver one and then tried like mad to push one of 6 gold ones on me. Then the manager got involved and said I was being stubborn simply because of car color. Then gave me a take it or leave it offer, which made me laugh in his face, I refused and then bought an Audi A4 the next day.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I bought my car at Ocean, but take it to Precision in Princeton for service. I've never had a problem at Princeton. I even drive an hour down there from Somerset County to get service (I moved, and Bridgewater Acura is 10 mins from me, but I had a bad experience there before so I'd rather not go back).

I've heard good things about Park Ave Acura, but the guy wouldn't budge on price so I gave up with them.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM
East Coast Crew

I've always had a great experience with DCH Montclair Acura. They let me test drive any car I want at any time. They also have outstanding servicing.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Instructor

may not be near you, but i like route 18, i think its east brunswick, maybe not i donno, but route 18. i know theres another one on route 22, really didnt like it. but hey they all the same really! if you want to take a ride to manhattan, acura of manhattan is a good place to buy, but not for service!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by super4
may not be near you, but i like route 18, i think its east brunswick, maybe not i donno, but route 18. i know theres another one on route 22, really didnt like it. but hey they all the same really! if you want to take a ride to manhattan, acura of manhattan is a good place to buy, but not for service!
The one on 22 is Bridgewater Acura. I didn't like them either. Too bad, cuz they're 10 minutes from my house.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
it's a car-drive it

you could try the following:clinton acura or ramsey acura.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Has anyone ever bought a car from Boardwalk Acura in Egg Harbor Twsp.? How about their service departmant?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Ocean Acura sucks.
Ramsey Acura sucks (too far from you anyway).

So says every consumer feedback/personal experience I've ever seen/had.

Two points:

1. A dealer's service department often has absolutely nothing to do with their sales department. So don't be dissuaded by a dealer when you've only heard bad things about their service.

2. If you're that far south in Jersey, would you entertain the thought of a trip to VA? Seems like a few Jersey boys have gone to VA to get better deals... tri-state area to my knowledge is the least consumer-friendly market for new and pre-owned TSXs... way too much demand.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Don Hoagie
Ocean Acura sucks.
Ramsey Acura sucks (too far from you anyway).

So says every consumer feedback/personal experience I've ever seen/had.

Two points:

1. A dealer's service department often has absolutely nothing to do with their sales department. So don't be dissuaded by a dealer when you've only heard bad things about their service.

2. If you're that far south in Jersey, would you entertain the thought of a trip to VA? Seems like a few Jersey boys have gone to VA to get better deals... tri-state area to my knowledge is the least consumer-friendly market for new and pre-owned TSXs... way too much demand.
I am leaning more towards a lease so price is really not an issue. I'll probably go with the current deal that Acura is offering. $309 per month $2495 at sign for a 2008 TSX. I would like to use the service department at the dealer that I purchase the car. I got my Audi TT at Schneider and Nelson in West Long Branch and they really treated me well. they even let me pick out the loaner car I wanted. One time I got a S4 for a day. That car is awesome. If I ever get divorced, that is my new car.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sluday
Has anyone ever bought a car from Boardwalk Acura in Egg Harbor Twsp.? How about their service departmant?
Bought my '04 there almost three years ago. The Sales Manager spent eighty per cent of his time telling how important their customer service scores were on my post purchase survey. Time of the deal I got mud-flaps thrown in, to be picked up week or two later. In meantime I changed my mind and wanted to sub the trunk liner. SM told me this would be an impossibility (approximate same value). I thought the gap between what they had asked for, and were willing to deliver was astronomical Ultimately the SM changed his mind and gave me what I asked for, but whole transaction left a bad taste in my mouth. Other than that snafu, transaction was straightforward @ invoice, and uneventful. Don't forget Turnersville when shopping.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:01 AM
it's a car-drive it

my parents bought their audi's from schneider and nelson and were impressed with them also. we priced different cars from dealers in VA-they have too many BS add on prices-never could get that so-called good deal. the dealer I bought my tsx from also let's me pick the loaner car from the ones they have. It pays to have a friend that is the service manager.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Instructor

Has anyone ever dealt with Acura of Turnersville sale or service department?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Not sure how far from Trenton, NJ but i live in PA like 10 min inside from Trenton and i got my 06 ASM 5AT (leftover) for one of the best prices on this board ($24,890 OTD) from Davis Acura or Langhorne. If it isn't too far they are pretty nice guys to work with. The finance lady is a little weird but but is just the show, not the negotiator
Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
Not sure how far from Trenton, NJ but i live in PA like 10 min inside from Trenton and i got my 06 ASM 5AT (leftover) for one of the best prices on this board ($24,890 OTD) from Davis Acura or Langhorne. If it isn't too far they are pretty nice guys to work with. The finance lady is a little weird but but is just the show, not the negotiator
WHATTTT? 24,890 with tax???? no freakin way! was it a demo also or just a leftover? how many miles were on it, when you took delivery? i ask because it was possibly purchased and returned for some crazy reason, meaning if it was registered to someone, even for a day, it becomes a used vehicle, making it possible to sell much cheaper.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by super4
WHATTTT? 24,890 with tax???? no freakin way! was it a demo also or just a leftover? how many miles were on it, when you took delivery? i ask because it was possibly purchased and returned for some crazy reason, meaning if it was registered to someone, even for a day, it becomes a used vehicle, making it possible to sell much cheaper.
LOL, i said it was a leftover. There were 3 TSX's when i was there and they REALLY wanted to get rid of them! Two of the exact same ones of the one i bought and one Milano Red 6MT with Navi but i DO NOT like red cars at all. It had 31 miles on it when i took it for a test drive and it was NOT a demo car nor was it ever bought and then returned. The offered it to me for $24,240 + TTL but with my trade-in (a 04 TSX) they gave me $17k for that, and then i think they did the tax wrong because techincally it should have been like $25,3XX but it came to $24,890 OTD It was the day before quota and the salesman wanted me to have it....lol. The manager even said that. My 04 TSX had a MAJOR accident on it (which is why i was trading it in the first place, it wasn't fixed all that well) and it was modified but they knew i wasn't buying if they didn't offer me a decent amount because that is what i told them. I got the price through the internet sales department too btw!!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
it's a car-drive it

LOL, i said it was a leftover. There were 3 TSX's when i was there and they REALLY wanted to get rid of them! Two of the exact same ones of the one i bought and one Milano Red 6MT with Navi but i DO NOT like red cars at all. It had 31 miles on it when i took it for a test drive and it was NOT a demo car nor was it ever bought and then returned. The offered it to me for $24,240 + TTL but with my trade-in (a 04 TSX) they gave me $17k for that, and then i think they did the tax wrong because techincally it should have been like $25,3XX but it came to $24,890 OTD It was the day before quota and the salesman wanted me to have it....lol. The manager even said that. My 04 TSX had a MAJOR accident on it (which is why i was trading it in the first place, it wasn't fixed all that well) and it was modified but they knew i wasn't buying if they didn't offer me a decent amount because that is what i told them. I got the price through the internet sales department too btw!!
so your price OTD was based on your trade-in. did you owe anything on it. I personally LOVE RED. I hope you are enjoying your tsx as must as me.-love it.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Instructor

how long ago did you make that deal? I assume it was at the end of the month.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

how long ago did you make that deal? I assume it was at the end of the month.
It was FAST!! I got that price after one internet email, then returned with that price. It was on monday and the end of the month was wed. I went to the dealership on tuesday night, they showed me the same price when i got there, took it for a test drive while they appraised my car, got the quote on my car and gave my down payment so they could mark it as a sale and boom that was it. I then went back on saturday to actually finialize all the paper work and they actually kep the car for the next week so that i could put my car back to stock, which was part of the deal. I had Tein basics, icebox, CT sway bar, LED lights, and few other things i was taking off before trading it in. I got dealer tags for the car for that week and finished up the following thursday night. I took it back to the dealership with my hands still covered in greese from finishing it up, the manager took it for a test drive to make sure i had done a good job with putting the stock suspension back it in, and we swapped keys and plates in 5 mins and i drove my new baby home!!

So the whole process took a long time due to my circumstances but the intial stuff was quick, and i mean QUICK! they originally offered me $16,500 for my 04 TSX due to the modded suspension and the accident they said but i got them up $17k. They did say if the suspension had never been modded they would have given me $18k for it.

nj2pa2nc - I do love, just craving a wee bit more power ever now and then! Yes, the OTD was based on the trade in, the taxes anyway, so that is why it was a little cheaper than normal. But even still, it would have come to i think $25,680 without the trade-in.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Instructor

I called a salesman at Boardwalk Acura for pricing and he told me that he does not give prices over the phone. He says people call to ask for prices and waste his time. He only gives prices in person. So I asked for another salesman and he said he was busy. What are these guys primadonnas? I have to drive to his dealership for a car price? So i contacted their internet sales department and got no response. This totaly turned me off to them and I look elswhere to buy. I'll still probably try to use their service depatment since it is closest to my house.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Instructor

I called a salesman at Boardwalk Acura for pricing and he told me that he does not give prices over the phone. He says people call to ask for prices and waste his time. He only gives prices in person. So I asked for another salesman and he said he was busy. What are these guys primadonnas? I have to drive to his dealership for a car price? So i contacted their internet sales department and got no response. This totaly turned me off to them and I look elswhere to buy. I'll still probably try to use their service depatment since it is closest to my house.
you know thats sometimes true, they dont want to give a price because youll be giuded by whatever they give n go somewhere else, but i know sometimes theyll give you a lowball num ber on the phone just to get you in.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

I've had good experiences from Springfield and Park Avenue Acura although they may be a bit far from you. One salesperson I do recommend is Michael McDonald of Springfield (not the singer LOL). I believe their contact number is (973) 912-9000. He was very reasonable, and no pressure, and will try to work the price with you. Obviously just don't make unreasonable demands. Nick M of Park Av I would also recommend. Just tell them Floyd referred you to them.

Some of the dealers here up north were a bit too pushy, even asking for a downpayment to prove I was a serious buyer. Unfortunately for them I was one. Some even had the audacity to badmouth the competition. I guess there's limit to the things that they would do to get your business.

Good luck on your purchase or lease!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

I highly recommend that you AVOID Acura of Ocean. Their customer service is consistently terrible. The sales staff is patronizing and rude. Since I live in the area, I've been in the dealership 4 times over the past 6 years because they had a car on their lot that I was interested in. Three of the 4 times I walked out due to becoming so aggravated with the staff. The last time I DID buy the used car I was interested in, but it was by FAR the most unpleasant experience I've ever had with a dealership, and I'm someone who buys cars annually. Unless you have nerves of steel, patience of a saint, and don't mind being talked down to, argued with, patronized, or lied to, I suggest you avoid this dealership.