Badge or De-Badge, that is the question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My last post made it all day without me getting flamed for that comment. Sweet.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not the flaming type unless i'm hugely antagonized....

but i enjoy being flamed, especially on TSX boards since most are uppity folk who think there actually exists a difference between honda and acura.

keep throwin tomatoes folks, keep throwin.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Beoshingus
When you ask a question like "should I debadge?" you'll get all the people who did it saying "yeah!" and the vast majority of the people who think it's stupid will be polite and not say anything or just not even give you the time of day for clicking on your thread. I, on the other hand, will say for the record that I think debadging is stupid, and rebadging as a Honda is even stupider.

Here we go again....
I wonder what canadian Acura EL owners do when they come to the states and find out that their "Acura" is a Honda Civic with leather....It's all marketing. I'm just further embracing I have a Honda, and Love it
Happily Rebadged....to each his own
Old 09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

I heart my Honda as well.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Advanced

I saw this Central 21 ad on TV last night, the cars they used in the spot were all debadged.....they all looked so generic and dummy like.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
Here we go again....
I wonder what canadian Acura EL owners do when they come to the states and find out that their "Acura" is a Honda Civic with leather....It's all marketing. I'm just further embracing I have a Honda, and Love it
Happily Rebadged....to each his own
Why they need to go to states to find it out????? did you meant there is no Honda Civic in Canada?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Banned

I saw these guys on the road the other day... they were looking down on this Accord because they had a "better" Acura TSX....

....they looked so dummy like.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalHorizon
I saw these guys on the road the other day... they were looking down on this Accord because they had a "better" Acura TSX....

....they looked so dummy like.

WTF does that mean exactly
Old 09-30-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by ianS
Why they need to go to states to find it out????? did you meant there is no Honda Civic in Canada?

Oops....ahhh u knnow what I mean haha
I wonder if Honda thinks no one will notice
Old 09-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dom
WTF does that mean exactly
IT MEANS PEOPLE HERE ARE SO UPPITY ABOUT THEIR CARS NOT BEING A "HONDA" BUT INSTEAD AN "ACURA"

How can it be considered downgrading when a V6 Accord costs MORE in some cases than a TSX? All this "I paid for the name" BS, SO DID I.... AND THAT NAME IS HONDA DAMMIT. I do it because I'm willing to spend the $500 for headlights YOU DON'T HAVE and wait the 3 months for the wheels that YOU'RE TOO CHEAP TO BUY. All everyone does is whine about what everyone else does since its not what they would do. So F'ing what... my car is in the garage and I love it and guess what??? MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS TOO.

I almost want to be banned just to say I did.

As a matter of fact BAN ME, I'm done with this place.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Banned

Old 09-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Advanced

Funny

I agree. Everyone that knows cars will now an Acura is just a high-end Honda. You can get away from the fact you in an elite Honda. But I'm OK with that. I bought the car 2 weeks ago based on Honda's Rep (and Acura).

On that same note, it should be known that the Acura is the elite Honda and never be forgoten It's not cost, a high end Honda Accord can come close, it just the little extra's Acura brings to the table.

I de-bagged becuase I'm not hung up and everyone knowing I have an Acura. I know my car is faster then most, but many can beat me. But how many have so much style in the inside of the car where I spend most of my time, when I'm with my car.

Speaking of de-bagging. I highly recommend medium to heavy fishing line. It seems to work a little easier and faster then dental floss.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:01 PM

DEbadge....REbadge....LeaveItbadged....in the end it's still a great car, and digital horizon, yours looks great, but theres no reason to leave the forum.

I think it's time to close this one....besided the guy who started this thread already debadged so this thread is dead.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Advanced

Good Point

My car has been de-bagged. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Advanced

How Too

How do I edit a post that I made 2 or 3 up. My god, did you see all the typos and spelling errors.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:30 AM
7th Gear

i think debadging looks better and also want to do it, anybody know if will the dealer do it when i bring it in for 5000 mile check up?
Old 10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I have to admit, at first I thought de-badging was kind of stupid, but I really do like the look of the photos of de-badged cars. Very clean and simple, not announcing the car you're driving to everyone behind you, just the simple Acura "A". Now you've got me thinking . . .
Old 10-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
rebadged to euroR.

i got stopped yesterday in freeway traffic

girl in BMW: "is that an accord?"

me: Yes, well, no, but yes.

girl: "what model is that? Where can I get one"

me: Japan.

girl: That sucks. Nice car though.

Then traffic started to move.

I say debadge to save yourself the constant questions.
I love those converstions I have had like 6 so far with my car while sitting in traffic.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
I, on the other hand, will say for the record that I think debadging is stupid, and rebadging as a Honda is even stupider.
you have many things to learn my friend as this is not going to get you very far on this board
Old 10-01-2005, 01:18 PM

IT MEANS PEOPLE HERE ARE SO UPPITY ABOUT THEIR CARS NOT BEING A "HONDA" BUT INSTEAD AN "ACURA"

How can it be considered downgrading when a V6 Accord costs MORE in some cases than a TSX? All this "I paid for the name" BS, SO DID I.... AND THAT NAME IS HONDA DAMMIT. I do it because I'm willing to spend the $500 for headlights YOU DON'T HAVE and wait the 3 months for the wheels that YOU'RE TOO CHEAP TO BUY. All everyone does is whine about what everyone else does since its not what they would do. So F'ing what... my car is in the garage and I love it and guess what??? MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS TOO.

you dont want banned there are just some people who dont get kit like you say we are just driving a rebadged honda. I love your car by the way man.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HAhaha...... see how nice the *other board* is......digitalHorizon.....even though some people did flame you..... but we all have respect for your car dude.....ur rim(s) rock man!!

and.... ya, i know alot of people who only look at brands. They look down on ALL imports because they have a Benz C230 or 325i..... wow.... big deal!! CHEAPEST car in Benz and BM...... I take my TSX over those cars anyday!..... in fact, I DID>....HAHAHA..... I chose the TSX over C230, C240 and BM.....
Old 10-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Advanced

i debadged my car and love. i just hate it when someone gets a 3.25 and debadges then puts m3 badges on and gets a body kit. it pisses me aff even more when they try to race me and say its an m3 lol.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by irshpharoh
i debadged my car and love. i just hate it when someone gets a 3.25 and debadges then puts m3 badges on and gets a body kit. it pisses me aff even more when they try to race me and say its an m3 lol.
That's so sad...... they couldn't afford a M3 and rebadged a 325 to M3... hahaha... did they do the M3 fender too?? Or just body kit?? Believe me... i see alot of M3 and AMG posers..... i mean, if you want people to THINK it's a M3 or AMG....at least get the M3 fender and the AMG tinted windows...
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
That's so sad...... they couldn't afford a M3 and rebadged a 325 to M3... hahaha... did they do the M3 fender too?? Or just body kit?? Believe me... i see alot of M3 and AMG posers..... i mean, if you want people to THINK it's a M3 or AMG....at least get the M3 fender and the AMG tinted windows...
haha ya they never have the fenders. i love pissing them off by laughing at them when they try to race me.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:26 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Bye Digitalidiot and enjoy your ACURA TSX.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 AM
TSX

Originally Posted by dom
Bye Digitalidiot and enjoy your ACURA TSX.

don't let the hit you on the way out?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Savio
don't let the hit you on the way out?

So can anyone explain to me why this guy is so upset in the first place

It's kinda funny actually :gheylaugh:
Old 10-03-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by dom
So can anyone explain to me why this guy is so upset in the first place

It's kinda funny actually :gheylaugh:
I actually have no idea. He has an awesome car. I mean I argue this subject all the time but I dont let it piss me off.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I actually have no idea. He has an awesome car. I mean I argue this subject all the time but I dont let it piss me off.

Exactly. Why is he so pissed about people he doesn't even know nor will ever meet opinion's

There's two extremes here though. There's people who think their TSX isn't a Honda and its "better" and there's theres people like Digital here who tell people you can only buy the car in Japan which is just as ghey.

I've argued with people on this board in the past who disagreed with the TSX being nothing more than a Euro/Japan Accord but at the same time I can see how some can think our TSX is slightly better.

Too each his own, but to get pissy and childish about it is alittle too much.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:40 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by dom
Too each his own, but to get pissy and childish about it is alittle too much.
that's the key.

Personally, I'm doing the Euro-R conversion because I like moding my car but don't want to make it look all that modded. Plus I get the satisfaction out of knowing that people will look twice at my car and wonder what the hell it is.

Right now I have the Euro-R on the front and back, and the Honda on the back and wheels, but I'm debating on whether I should put the Accord on because it takes some stealth look away (I know there are some morons that would see the accord and be like "oh that's what the accord looks like now"). So I'm half debadged and half rebadged
Old 10-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Right now I have the Euro-R on the front and back, and the Honda on the back and wheels, but I'm debating on whether I should put the Accord on because it takes some stealth look away (I know there are some morons that would see the accord and be like "oh that's what the accord looks like now"). So I'm half debadged and half rebadged
That's what i thought of before.......whether I should put the Accord badge on.... because people will be like....wtf??... that's an accord.... you suck!!....hahaha!
but i don't plan to do the conversion anymore, since i have no $$ for new rims if i get a kit... i don't want to have Honda badges on my car and have Acura rims.....haha!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Racer

the dealer told me the badge is just a magnet, SO i figured u could take it out with a stronger magnet. will this work???

i really like the clean look on most cars. if i get the tsx, i'll probably debadge it.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by the_Osk
the dealer told me the badge is just a magnet, SO i figured u could take it out with a stronger magnet. will this work???

Nope. The "TSX" and "ACURA" badges are not magnetic. Try heating up the adhesive with a hairdryer and then using floss to seperate the adhesive from the car surface.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the_Osk

i really like the clean look on most cars. if i get the tsx, i'll probably debadge it.
Magnets? That's the best I've heard yet.

The "Acura" and "TSX" ones are stuck on with an adhesive. The Acura emblem/badge is held in by 2 screws.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

how easy is it to reapply the badge(s) if I change my mind after debadging?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Advanced

Cheap

I asked the body shop that the Acura dealer uses. Both under 50 bucks installed. They are just stickers really (with super glue).
It's funny you say that though. I took mine off and in the first day I was saying 'I don't know". But now it's been about 2 weeks. I love it.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
Magnets? That's the best I've heard yet.

The "Acura" and "TSX" ones are stuck on with an adhesive. The Acura emblem/badge is held in by 2 screws.
oh. to clarify, i was talking about the pontiac gtp. i asked the dealer how much it would cost to take the badges off, and he's like "they're just magnets" and almost took it off with his own hand. he did recommend to get it done professionally though..

i guess it makes sense that the acura is harder to take off..
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ianS
I always love the clean look with the badge off but my wife never let me to de-badge it or get the euro-r grill... brand image really get into woman's mind!
Nice to see that your Wife wears the pants
Old 10-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I've been thinking of de-badging myself. I like the clean look....... But what glue do you use to re-badge????
Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 AM
ABP TSX

It took me 23 months to get around to removing the badges. I used a heat gun on low to loosen up the emblems and then used the floss method to get them popped off the trunk lid.

Getting the residue off took about 30 minutes. I then clayed (Mothers), polished (1Z), and waxed (1Z) the trunk lid with the PC. You could never tell it did not come that way from the factory.

I like it so far.

1995 Civic (peeled off the EX sticker)
1997 Accord (removed emblems)
2000 Accord (changed to the "Dark Chrome" emblem option)
2004 TSX (removed emblems)

Quick Reply: Badge or De-Badge, that is the question?