Bad buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad buying experience

Drove the new TSX at my local dealer a couple of times and loved it. Having driven a couple of Accords in the past, I love Honda products. Loved the drive of the TSX and decided to buy one. The only color the dealer had was the red, which I didn't like. Wanted either CG or SSM.

Salesman said they would have an SSM/auto/no navi coming in in "7 to 10 days". He told me that it was part of their monthly allotment. Told me that many of their customers were having to wait 4, 6, or 8 weeks to get one, but that my timing was just right since this SSM was scheduled to arrive in 7-10 days. They wanted MSRP, which I agreed to pay. I have a tradein; the amount they were willing to give on the tradein was barely acceptable, but not great. But decided that I liked the car so much, I would do it. Gave the saleman a $500 check as a deposit. Told the salesman that it would be a cash deal, would write another check for the balance when car came in.

After 10 days, hadn't heard anything, called salesman. He said he would check. Called me back to say it had been shipped the day before (7/5/03). I asked if he meant from Japan or the US port. SAid he didn't know. Called me back later to say from the US port and should be here on 7/14 and would be ready for deliver to me on 7/15. On 7/14, salesman calls to say that "the hurricane in Texas has delayed the shipment". Dealership is in Little Rock, Arkansas, so I don't know how a Texas hurricane delays the shipment, but that's what he said. Said it would be 3 or 4 more days. Well, as you can guess, it didn't happen. I went back to the dealer and got my $500 deposit back. I drove by there today and they still didn't have a SSM TSX. I don't know if I was just being given the run around by this salesman or if the dealers really don't know when/what they have coming in. They shouldn't tell you 7-10 days and then not be able to deliver after a month!!!!!!! This is a terrible way to treat a new customer (never owned an Acura before).

I would just go to another dealer, but unfortunately, this is the only dealer here. Nearest alternate dealer a 3 hour drive. So, probably no TSX for me, at least now. Maybe later, when the craze settles down and the dealer has them on the lot for sale. I will certainly not agree to wait on an Acura to be delivered ever again. Or, I'll probably just buy something else.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Racer

that sucks man...
Old 07-22-2003, 12:17 AM
SIN
Cruisin'

I'm gonna wait about a month or so to get mines at the price I want. If I don't get my price then its another car for me. I'll make sure not to place one on order.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Racer

Call Acura and let them know about your experience. Dealerships receive incentives from Acura based upon customer satisfaction surveys. If you feel that the dealer is being less-than-luxury Acura should and would want to know about it.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Well, first thing I would do is go in and tell them you would only talk to the manager, then tell him the salesguy had been lying to you about the shipment and you want to see the actual log.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Racer

they say that stuff all the time... but i bet they never gave you the vin number. next time... if they tell you that the car is on its way... they should have the vin number on hand. if they give that to you, you can rest assure that your car will be there w/in a time frame. otherwise, they're pulling your leg.