AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   Back license plate....... (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/back-license-plate-647825/)

Santa Rosa Steve 12-10-2003 07:17 PM

I received my sequential plates today, 6 weeks after I purchased my car.... it looks like the craftsmen at San Quentin are still working on my personalized models.

BTW those 2 foam pads mentioned above were glued to my trunk lid where the bottom of the plate rests.

Santa Rosa Steve

gcolby03 12-11-2003 10:08 AM

I called Acura Customer Service directly about this issue because mine didn't come with pads either and my salesperson had never heard of them. The gentleman at Acura Customer Service promptly looked the matter up in his parts listing and said that yes the TSX's do come with two pads called "License Plate Protectors" and they should be included with the new car. He advised me to check back with the dealer to get them.

Santa Rosa Steve 12-19-2003 05:02 PM

Originally posted by stevestr
The appts were so far in the future that I decided to just go and camp out for an hour and a half at the DMV and pick mine up.
I picked up my personalized plates today and also had to wait about 1 1/2 hours... but they did arrive sooner than the estimated 8 to 12 weeks... only 7!!

Santa Rosa Steve

Mokos23 04-20-2004 11:27 PM

Do you think carbon gray is hard to see at night? I just bought a chrome license plate frame so that my car hopefully will be easier to see at night with people's headlights reflecting off the chrome license frame.

I just wondered what other colors are hard to see at night.

Creaminz 04-21-2004 12:12 AM

I put some foam tapes under the license plate too, and no ching~ chang noise or rattles.

STC 04-21-2004 12:22 AM

Originally posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Do you think carbon gray is hard to see at night? I just bought a chrome license plate frame so that my car hopefully will be easier to see at night with people's headlights reflecting off the chrome license frame.

I just wondered what other colors are hard to see at night.

you brought this thread back to ask that dumb question?

Is Carbon Gray hard to see at night??? WTF???
What about black cars? Is black hard to see at night?

:rolleyes:

ortiz 04-21-2004 12:56 AM

Originally posted by STC

Touchy Touchy. You might want to cut back on the coffee. It is making you a little edgy.

Mokos23 04-21-2004 08:48 AM

Originally posted by STC

i think the kryptonite and martial problems with lois lane has affected your brain. :bandito: