Auxiliary Audio Adapter Help - AAI-HON by P.A.C

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Auxiliary Audio Adapter Help - AAI-HON by P.A.C

I purchased an AAI-HON auxiliary adapter for my 2004 TSX (w/ navi) from audioadapters.com on eBay, and they claimed that it worked for ALL 2003-2006 Honda and Acura models, both with and without navigation.

I received the unit a few days ago, and when I went to install it, the 14-pin plug on the unit was supposed to get plugged into the bottom of the stock head unit. After removing the center console to get to the head unit, there was already a 14-pin plug in the one I am supposed to use! I tried unplugging it, plugging in the adapter, and firing up the car, but the touch-screen was not operational after doing that.

Has anyone else used this adapter at all with any success? Or does anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather not have to splice any wires from the stock unit, but I will if need-be. Thanks in advance for the help.

-Kevin
Old 01-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Cruisin'

Aux input

here is what I did and it works like a charm! I have a 2004 TSX with NAVI. and wanted to put in a xm commander. So I used LOGJAM and used the HON03FMM and the SNHOND3. The key is the pass through Hardness you need that for the navi to work correctly.

Here is link
http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/
Old 01-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Advanced

Smile

Thanks. Actually, I think I found a "Honda Genuine" part that does the same thing as the part you recommended. My dad works for Honda, and said the service center has it for less than $10.

P/N 08A31-0F1-000 ("BUS Cable 2 Port")

For less than $10, I figure I may as well give it a whirl. From what I've been reading, it sounds like what I really need to get for what I bought to work properly. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up Good Deal!

I redid the install quickly (took less than 3 minutes), without disconnecting the battery, so that I wouldn't have to enter a code to get into the audio system. (Since I don't have the y-adapter yet, I just wanted to see that my aux adapter works ok.) It plays great through the stock head unit, and the adapter I bought has RCA inputs, so you can pretty much feed it whatever you'd like... iPod, etc... I'm 99% sure that they Y-adapter I'll be getting will do the trick. The aux adapter cost $80, and the Y-adapter is ~$10. So for less than $100 you can direct wire your iPod (or whatever other audio player you'd like) to the stock head unit.

I highly recommend it; I was happy with it for the 5 minutes in my car I actually tried it out...
Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

That Y adapter has been used by several of us in order to add an aux input while still maintaining XM with our navi head units. HOWEVER, the Y adapter alone will not work properly without some modification (i.e, running a relay or switch) because you'll notice a significant decrease in output from your XM signal.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Advanced

I have a 2004 w/ no XM, but thanks!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
8th Gear

wiring question

I have the Shond03 and the Y adapter. I bought a Motorola T605 bluetooth wireless hands free kit for the car that has the pass through for audio. Here is a question, - The T605 has a three wire setup for passing the audio from the device through to the cars stereo if the car will support it. It has a mute, audio+ and audio- for a simple connection. when I was wiring it in I noticed that the stock harness connection coming from the GPS system only has three wires. Does anyone know if one is a mute and are the other two the +/- for the audio? If they are I wonder if I can T into them to allow the bluetooth kit to control the speakers of the car instead of the stand alone speaker with the kit. I cant find a schematic showing that connector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just for the record, the T605 with the shond03 and Y adapter for audio is awesome. It will support bluetooth headset so my mp3 enabled phone can play stereo audio through the system. pretty darn neat......