Audi A4 1.8T Quattro vs. TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Orangeblood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jcg878
8=D ?
Well played!

Hows that TSX holding up after the repairs? Havent heard ya bitchin, so must be alright?

converted VAG drivers
Never seen Volkswagen Audi abbreviated this way before. Hmmm. Verrrry interesting.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally Posted by MarkPinTx
Well played!

Hows that TSX holding up after the repairs? Havent heard ya bitchin, so must be alright?
:knock on wood: Doing well - thanks for asking. No noticeable difference :still knocking on that wood:

Never seen Volkswagen Audi abbreviated this way before. Hmmm. Verrrry interesting.
I think those vaggots mean the Volkswagen Audi Group??
Old 07-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for all the input guys!

I've decided that I'll be buying a TSX come winter. I would like to wait a few months after the 05s have been released to see if Acura has adressed some of the build quality issues that have plagued the 04s. I would also like to use as much of my A4 warranty as possible...

I'm leaning towards either SS or PW (assuming no additional colours are released here in Canada), w/Nav and with 5AT (so the GF can drive it).

Looking forward to it.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:32 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure if someone has already chimed in on this or not but TSX maintenance will cost you money where as A4 maintenance will not. The A4 is in a different class completely than the TSX and to compare them in any way (engines, luxury, performance, etc) wouldn't be fair to the TSX. Of course money is the deciding factor here and you'll probably save quite a lot trading down to a TSX. There's over a 10 K difference between the cars fully loaded. You'll be missing out on the Quattro for front wheel drive is no comparison and though the A4 may be much heavier, with a small amount of money you can chip it and have a much higher HP/TQ.

The A4 compares and contrastsbetter with a 325i than a TSX. I think you'll be quite dissappointed if you trade down to the TSX and expect it to be just as great as your A4. But .... if you really want to save money then the TSX is a bargain for what you get and it's also quite nice looking on the inside though maybe acura's styling is somewhat conservative on the exterior.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:33 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rb1
Well, unless you have a chip that lets you switch back to the stock program, anyone can tell the car is chipped just by driving it. If you have an ECU-related issue and they try to reflash it and fail, then they'll also know that it's chipped.

Yes, there are a few mod-friendly dealers out there, but dealers can and do void power-train warranties because of chips all the time.
most Audi/VW chips now can switch back and forth from stock program to the other programs.

http://www.goapr.com/
Old 07-09-2004, 04:24 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jcg878
gilbo, stop getting soft on us
could dailo be gilbo's replacement? i hope not.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by civic4982
I'm not sure if someone has already chimed in on this or not but TSX maintenance will cost you money where as A4 maintenance will not. The A4 is in a different class completely than the TSX and to compare them in any way (engines, luxury, performance, etc) wouldn't be fair to the TSX. Of course money is the deciding factor here and you'll probably save quite a lot trading down to a TSX. There's over a 10 K difference between the cars fully loaded. You'll be missing out on the Quattro for front wheel drive is no comparison and though the A4 may be much heavier, with a small amount of money you can chip it and have a much higher HP/TQ.

The A4 compares and contrastsbetter with a 325i than a TSX. I think you'll be quite dissappointed if you trade down to the TSX and expect it to be just as great as your A4. But .... if you really want to save money then the TSX is a bargain for what you get and it's also quite nice looking on the inside though maybe acura's styling is somewhat conservative on the exterior.