Audi A3...:-)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:28 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A3, Audis and ownership experience

Hi all,

I just traded my '03 A4 1.8T for a TSX 3 days ago. It took me a long time to consider a Honda product, but annoying reliability issues ranging over 5 VW's & Audis during the last 7 years made this happen.

I too had been anxiously anticipating the A3. I drove a fairly loaded DSG last week when my A4 was in the shop AGAIN for headlight issues.

While the A3 drove great and hands-down the DSG is the coolest transmission on the face of the earth, a window sticker of $33,000 dollars for a car on the Golf V platform without Navigation is outrageous.

There is no such thing as FREE maintenance. You're just paying for it in the sticker price. It works great for a company like Audi. Cars are all well maintained and the average owner rates their ownership experience higher because of it. Also, it helps the resale market. It's a lot easier to find a certified pre-owned Audi because anything under 50K miles has been dealer maintained.

I have owned Passats, Golfs, Jettas and A4's. All have had issues. The Passat, Golf GTI's & A4's were all built in Germany. The Jetta in Mexico. The Jetta was actually the MOST reliable of them.

My '03 A4 experieced: xenon failure, headlight leveler failer (3x), blown tweeters (3x), loose exhaust (2x), audio head unit failure, ECU replacement and right front turn indicator failure (not bulb).

These trips to the dealer add up to a lot of time. Even with well maintained in-warranty cars, resale is not very strong either.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Audis. I love the dynamics, the world-class interior design and the uniqueness. I already miss my A4, but can no longer justify the reliability issues. Little annoyances all the time = HUGE headaches.

If the new A3 was $26,500 with leather, Xenons, XM & DSG. I probably would have gotten one. $33,000?!!? NO QUATTRO? Come on.

.02 worth from a former LOYAL Audi/VW owner. I'm hoping to grow as fond of my TSX as I was of my A4.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the info / precisions about the warranty / included maintenace in the price. Never thought it out that way.

Nice post, btw, and welcome to AZ!

Hope you enjoy it here. The TSX is a nice car, no doubt. You aren't the only ex-VW/audi around here.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The A3 actually is priced really nicely, but the A4 is ridiculous way to expensive...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackAc036
The A3 actually is priced really nicely, but the A4 is ridiculous way to expensive...
actually when i priced out the A4 it was chaper, the 2.0T that is...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Whatever floats your boat - I hope your Audi gives you many years of driving pleasure
Old 05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
5th Gear

A3 Priced Nicely? In what country?

Originally Posted by BlackAc036
Dude, have you even shopped an A3? I did and the sticker for a nicely equipped 2.0T with DSG is 32,700. You call that priced nicely? I have some nice beach front property here in Arizona you might be interested in. Call my broker Sakamano & Vandalay at 1-800-TOO-MUCH.

I wouldn't pay 29k for an R32 Golf, and it has Haldex AWD, 6-speed, 240HP 24V VR6, 18" wheels and is loaded to the gills. It's worth every penny of $25K.

By the way, a nice A3 is pricier than an A4 2.0T FWD w/sport, premium & xenons by OVER $1,000.00!!! Stay away from the crack, man. The stuff is bad for your automotive sensibilities.

Audis have never been considered "great values", but the dollar vs. Euro is really becoming an issue. Who the H*LL would pay $33K for a dressed Golf V? That was the final straw for me, as I have more sense than money. Maybe someday it'll be different, but even if, extreme $$$ would go to a Porsche.

VW/Audi should watch their step. Priciness is invading the whole company in the US. Toureg V10 $70,000??? Jetta V $27,000 with an anemic 5 cyl. engine? New Pa$$at is rumored to be extremely pricey. I am not the only one walking away from VW/Audi.

The dollar is even weakening against the Yen, but you can still buy a Japanese sourced TSX realistically from below $26K. That is value, not $33K FIRM for a hatcback Gaudi.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't hold back A4-mer, tell us how you really feel.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:12 PM
5th Gear

Is that a compliment or a warning? Dang. 2 posts and I've already gotten the moderator's attention.

I'll be posting more soon in other areas, like +1 wheel/tire mods and other stuff.

I didn't mean to be too harsh about the other guys post...it just struck me as weird stating the opposite of what I have just found shopping this week.

By the way, I like the TSX ALOT. Now I just have to make it better with coffee-can exhaust and a 48" rear spoiler to increase downforce on the rear. Too much traction up front!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It's all good. Everyone has an opinion, yours was just funny for a second post.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 PM
|____\\===(/\)===//____|

Originally Posted by A4-mer
VW/Audi should watch their step. Priciness is invading the whole company in the US. Toureg V10 $70,000??? Jetta V $27,000 with an anemic 5 cyl. engine? New Pa$$at is rumored to be extremely pricey. I am not the only one walking away from VW/Audi.
It pains me to say: Me too, for exactly the same reasons

J-F
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Pro

Dude, have you even shopped an A3? I did and the sticker for a nicely equipped 2.0T with DSG is 32,700. You call that priced nicely? I have some nice beach front property here in Arizona you might be interested in. Call my broker Sakamano & Vandalay at 1-800-TOO-MUCH.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:32 AM
ric
Safety Car

Is that a compliment or a warning? Dang. 2 posts and I've already gotten the moderator's attention.

I'll be posting more soon in other areas, like +1 wheel/tire mods and other stuff.

I didn't mean to be too harsh about the other guys post...it just struck me as weird stating the opposite of what I have just found shopping this week.

By the way, I like the TSX ALOT. Now I just have to make it better with coffee-can exhaust and a 48" rear spoiler to increase downforce on the rear. Too much traction up front!
and btw, welcome..........

Anyone who is price conscious can matrix the cost of the Acura lineup against their Euro counterparts and discover that Acura has skinned the cat in a different way by making the base model all-inclusive. I assume that simplifies the assembly line process, and allows them to offer a fully loaded product for significantly less than Audi/VW can, by a long shot. And indeed, the Euro vs the $$$ certainly makes those pricey cars even more so.

The Audi folks are clearly hands-on at the top of their game in the design arena; exterior and interior configurations are setting the bar. But the Passat is becoming trite, and the reskinned Jetta can only be described as "unfortunate". Combine that with electrical problems that are documented in both car lineups and plague day/day operations, and the decision to not buy is a no-brainer. And, although the Audi dealers may have variable to good reputations, I have yet to find someone prepared to speak to the positive attributes of the VW dealership string.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
10th Gear

Talking

I have an 2001 Audi A6 w/Tiptronic and a manual 2005 TSX.

Audi gives better ride; and when nothing goes wrong is a great car. However, there have been way too many "little things" go wrong over the years I've had the car. Alternator went first; drive shaft in steering column went next; rubber wheel covers (??? -- not sure what they really are, they are over something on the front wheels behind the tires); plus a lot of this and that and the other. Some is normal, like the battery and tires. Gas mileage sucks on an Audi; whereas I am getting better than 30MPG on the TSX.

That said, get a reliable independent service guy because an Audi ranks right up there if not exceeds BMW in repair costs. The good side of the Audi is the interior is among the best and most comfortable I have ever had. And had I gotten the A6 with the 2.7T and manual transmission I would likely have never gotten the TSX.

But now that I have the TSX, and assuming it proves to be at least more reliable and a little cheaper to service, I will keep it into my retirement years. I am happy with the TSX for the price, but there is one thing lacking on the TSX that puzzles me: why did Honda leave the protective strip off the sides of the car? Even the Honda Civics have that, so why doesn't the TSX?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by A3next
but you know Audi is with the same ownership as Porsche

Ummm, no they don't.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by mmynatt
I am happy with the TSX for the price, but there is one thing lacking on the TSX that puzzles me: why did Honda leave the protective strip off the sides of the car? Even the Honda Civics have that, so why doesn't the TSX?
They left it off to leave a clean look to the sides. Nothing to clutter it up.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:51 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mmynatt
And had I gotten the A6 with the 2.7T and manual transmission I would likely have never gotten the TSX.
I had a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T with the 6mt

I had it for 4 months and got rid of it for a TSX

The thing flew (has the s4 engine in it), but the TSX was just more fun to drive. And I was able to actually drive the TSX somewhere other than to the shop and back.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=A4-mer]Is that a compliment or a warning? Dang. 2 posts and I've already gotten the moderator's attention. QUOTE]

Don't worry. You will see moderator's comment on every thread. That's why they all have over 10K posts. One of the most monitor forum i every join. Great job.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
:cop:
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Banned

my bad,

Relationship with Porsche

The company has had a close relationship with Porsche, the Stuttgart-based sportscar manufacturer founded in 1947 by Ferry Porsche, son of the original Volkswagen designer Ferdinand Porsche. The first Porsche cars, the 1948 Porsche 356, used many Volkswagen components including a tuned engine, gearbox and suspension. Later collaborations include the 1969/1970 VW-Porsche 914, the 1976 Porsche 924 (which used many Audi components and was built at an Audi factory), and the 2002 Porsche Cayenne (which shares engineering with the VW Touareg).

Corporate leadership and structure

In 1992 leadership of the Volkswagen Group went to Ferdinand Piëch, grandson of Ferdinand Porsche. In 2002 former BMW head Bernd Pieschetsrieder took over[1] (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4034975.stm).

Volkswagen is part of the Volkswagen group (VAG), along with:

* Audi (the former post-WWII Auto Union/DKW)—bought from Daimler-Benz in 1964–1966
* NSU—bought in 1969 by Volkswagen's Audi division, a brand not used since 1977
* SEAT—majority owned since 1987
* Skoda—bought in 1991
* Bentley—bought in 1998 from Vickers along with Rolls-Royce
* Bugatti—name bought in 1998
* Lamborghini —bought in 1998

From July 1998 until December 2002 VW's Bentley division also sold cars under the Rolls-Royce name under an agreement with BMW, which had bought the rights to that name. From 2003, only BMW may make cars called Rolls-Royce.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Intermediate

My girl bought a new audi tt and over a six month period it was in the shop 7 times,very squeeky brakes, window motor went out,alot of random bs you should not be dealing with on a new car isay
Old 05-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Team Owner

Seeing as how I may be in the vicinity of a local audi dealer this weekend, I'll head on out there and see for myself what the A3 is worth.

Expect a review at some point.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Don't sweat it.

That guy Black Ac is hard to follow sometimes.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:35 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sauceman
An Audi is a VW, and as such, is constantly entitled to reliabilty problems.

Don't get me wrong, any VW driver will tell you the driving experience is great, but also they will tell you that the cars are high maintenance and have many annoying (but usually minor) defects.

I don't know about the new 2.0 FSI, but the 1.8T had occasionally some problems with the turbo, and the cost for that repair was
yeh? so vw= audi, then vw also= audi = porsche = lamborghini, or even =bugatti?

well, it is not! and ! VW never = Audi !

If u have an audi, u will know the reason why it is totally different from ur jetta, or passat, or watever...

For the reliability... yes! so many ppl r talkin about "audi got the worst reliablity" but I'm just wondering why my 02 A4 1.8t has never had any problems since i bought it?

ok, u said ur car got so many problems, but, If there is any problems, (well, i don't know vw, and i don't know where u r from) In North America, for audi, there's a 6 year or 80000km warranty and free maintainess! what do ur mean "the high maintenance and high cost of repair"?
Old 05-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by mio

If u have an audi, u will know the reason why it is totally different from ur jetta, or passat, or watever...

For the reliability... yes! so many ppl r talkin about "audi got the worst reliablity" but I'm just wondering why my 02 A4 1.8t has never had any problems since i bought it?

ok, u said ur car got so many problems, but, If there is any problems, (well, i don't know vw, and i don't know where u r from) In North America, for audi, there's a 6 year or 80000km warranty and free maintainess! what do ur mean "the high maintenance and high cost of repair"?
Meh, I don't believe I need to give you much explanations. Just read the thread, and a few members have expressed their own complaints about their own Audis. Good for you if your own A4 fared well. You're a happy few.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by sauceman
Meh, I don't believe I need to give you much explanations. Just read the thread, and a few members have expressed their own complaints about their own Audis. Good for you if your own A4 fared well. You're a happy few.
i could have a ford that was reliable, but it doesn't mean that all, or even most fords are reliable. btw, we own a lincoln and that thing's a piece of crap. i wasn't surprised really, since lincoln = ford.

besides, i just can't take anyone who uses u and r as words seriously.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Drifting

a4-mer, welcome to the forum and on the replacement choice. i hope you find your tsx ownership as enjoyable as i have.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:27 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the kind words, gusy

u r all sound like such grate guyz n my a4 wuz kinda makes bad ya now?

jeez...

Thanks guys. We'll be talking more soon.

31 MPG on my first tank, by the way. Also, I have yet to make an appointment with the dealer for electrical gremlins or strange adjustments and it's almost been 7 days! I could get used to this!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:49 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Seeing as how I may be in the vicinity of a local audi dealer this weekend, I'll head on out there and see for myself what the A3 is worth.

Expect a review at some point.
I have an invtitation from Audi that gives you 33 free iTunes with a test drive. If you're interested, let me know and I'll forward it to you.

It is a fun drive and pretty inside and out, but the price will wake you up from the dream faster than smelling salts.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Team Owner

A3 Test Drive Impressions

So, as I mentioned, I was in the vicinity of an Audi dealer today and I stopped into take a look at an A3.

The car I test drove was the A3 w/ Premium Package in red with the DSG tranny.

Overall, the cars style is decent, with the exception of the rather misplaced Auto Union grille. The rear 3 quarter view is particularly attractive. Interior appearance was typical Audi. Layout is good, though some elements seemed rather unnecessary and wasteful (e.g. the turn dial that only clicks a notch to either side to change the temperature instead of just being a rheostat). Space is on par with the TSX both front and rear. Luggage space was surprisingly small, given the hatchback profile.

Interior materials in certain areas felt rather cheap (e.g. the buttresses near the base of the center stack felt particularly cheap). The rear seat back felt like it could use a couple more degrees of rake (or the seat cushions might need to be a tad longer). The middle seat in the back is pretty much useless with the high tunnel (presumably to accomodate the quattro system when it becomes availalbe). The front buckets need more side bolstering (available with the sport package, but not the premium). The giant sunroof option is a waste of money and is not auto-open or close.

Driving wise, the salesperson was nice enough to let me really romp on it. I put the car through quite a few sweeping turns and a number of good esses. Overall, my impression is that the suspension rides extremely well. Bumps were well damped and never felt harsh. That said, the suspension is too soft (in typical Audi/VW fashion) for truly sprited driving (don't know if this is addressed in the sport package, but I don't believe the sport package comes with any suspension changes). The car has a very strong tendency to oversteer when pushed (unlike the rather neutral feel of the TSX).

Power delivery was smooth, though turbo lag did rear its ugly head twice during the drive. The sound of the turbo is distinctly present, though not intrusive (unlike the turbo sound in the Legacy GT) and the A3 has a nice exhaust note from inside the cabin. The DSG transmission shifts quickly and effortlessly with little fuss.

Overall, the car is nice, but severely overpriced. Priced to match the TSX in equipment level, the price tag rings up a whopping several thousand more than a comparably equipped TSX.

For the money, you can get way more car if you're not looking for the "prestige" of a German brand. Given that the upcoming quattro version is only going to add to the price tag and, according to the salesperson, will only be available with the 6-cylinder engine option and DSG, it's not likely going to be a huge value.

The A3 gets a meh...
Old 05-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Somehow I expected that..

I need to look into it though. I've always loved Audis, but decided to keep distant from them because of the reliability.

Otherwise,
Old 05-07-2005, 05:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by rtlltj
i think the common attitude towards a new audi is its a good car till the warranty runs out then get rid of it.
Boy is that the truth! I speak from painful experience. The 2001 A6 experience taught me a lot about the "free maintenance" deals several manufacturers are offering these days. They are sucker deals. I quit looking at BMW's because of that and its price.

So far I am happy as a pig in s... that I bought my TSX 6MT --- it is the most fun car to drive I have ever had. And I have gone through a few. The one I had back in the 70s that rivals the TSX for "fun to drive" was my VW Scirocco. But I was single and with no kids then.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:53 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mio

Good for you! Wait until that free maintenance runs out --- SOMEBODY is paying for that "free maintenance" crap. If I were you I would plan on selling the car the day your warranty runs out.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:00 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I had a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T with the 6mt

I had it for 4 months and got rid of it for a TSX

The thing flew (has the s4 engine in it), but the TSX was just more fun to drive. And I was able to actually drive the TSX somewhere other than to the shop and back.
Then I am glad I didn't get the 2.7T. I didn't want to pay the extra $5K for that engine then, but now I am still stuck with the A6 2.8 I did buy. At least I only drive it very few miles on weekends, as I have officially made my TSX the one I drive to work.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

CGTSX2004: the sport package does have an upgraded suspension.

and the itunes thing is on audiusa.com as well as an offer when you buy the car to get a bose system for your computer.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by A3next
CGTSX2004: the sport package does have an upgraded suspension.

and the itunes thing is on audiusa.com as well as an offer when you buy the car to get a bose system for your computer.
Just got the card thingy. Thanks for the tip.

I may go back and try the sport model to see if it improves the driving experience.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Just got the card thingy. Thanks for the tip.

I may go back and try the sport model to see if it improves the driving experience.
you should, it is a very sporty car around turns, no torque steer whatsoever.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Team Owner

Torque steer was not what bothered me in my test drive today. The massive understeer was.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Advanced

Yeah, I've been watching this thread really closely and I think this is my maiden post, so I'm going to make it a good one. Someone break a bottle of champagne over it soon, ok?

I have a 2003 A4 1.8T which is now nearing the point of no return, the 50k-mile mark. I'm seriously considering a trade for a TSX, I just haven't made up my mind yet.

My car itself hasn't had too many serious problems, and I know that German cars are expected to have their share of random gremlins, but still, little ones add up. Side Airbag issues, the dreaded coil pack problem, headlight/software issues, even the sunroof leaking have all happened to me at one point. Still, I love the damn thing.

I guess my question is this: even with the fact that I would have to pay for maintence, would the jump to the TSX be worth it? Is a loaner car included or is that extra as well? Any previous German car owners that regret switching, or vice versa? Inquring minds want to know...

Thanks all, this is probably one of the nicest forums I've ever visited. You know, except for the thread with the guy who had 7 cars and no one believed him. That was kinda sketch.

(Sorry, I really just wanted to use that graphic...)

Thanks,
-rpc
Old 05-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Welcome here, rpc. Hope you enjoy the TSX if ever you go out to try it.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:18 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rpcmx
Yeah, I've been watching this thread really closely and I think this is my maiden post, so I'm going to make it a good one. Someone break a bottle of champagne over it soon, ok?

I have a 2003 A4 1.8T which is now nearing the point of no return, the 50k-mile mark. I'm seriously considering a trade for a TSX, I just haven't made up my mind yet.

My car itself hasn't had too many serious problems, and I know that German cars are expected to have their share of random gremlins, but still, little ones add up. Side Airbag issues, the dreaded coil pack problem, headlight/software issues, even the sunroof leaking have all happened to me at one point. Still, I love the damn thing.

I guess my question is this: even with the fact that I would have to pay for maintence, would the jump to the TSX be worth it? Is a loaner car included or is that extra as well? Any previous German car owners that regret switching, or vice versa? Inquring minds want to know...

Thanks all, this is probably one of the nicest forums I've ever visited. You know, except for the thread with the guy who had 7 cars and no one believed him. That was kinda sketch.

(Sorry, I really just wanted to use that graphic...)

Thanks,
-rpc
Welcome to the site. If you do a search on Audi, or German cars, or Audi vs TSX you will discover quite a history on this site.

I shifted from an expensive, completely fitted out VW GLX with an add-on sports suspension and 17" wheels. Like the VW/Audi lineup, it had some predicitable traits - nicely engineered, niceley fitted out and electrical problems out the wazoo. At a showroom price of $28K in 2001, I really felt the car should not have crapped out at 50,000 miles........ The notorious problem with the electric window cranks suddenly causing the window to shatter in the door, the problems with idiot lights that chose to not work, and the problem with ?????? - the dealer could never fix it - with the car suddenly loosing power, to the point of stalling, at random points during the driving experience. Sometimes, the engine would not start (no, not the battery, not the ignition motor) causing me to have it towed, no easy feat after I moved into a highrize apartment building with a parking garage.

I looked at the field for a replacement, including the A4, the (then-new) Volvo S60, the full size Volvo, a Saab (now a conventional GM product, in my humble opinion, they used to be a fun car), even a Subaru, and of course, a bimmer. Since some of these cars are leased by my colleagues, I had a chance to drive them without the watchful eye of the sales rep.

I ended up preselling myself on the Acura, but went into the dealership to lease a TL, and drove the TSX as a lark. Turned out to me more of a lark than I bargained for, and I tumbled for it pretty much on the spot. It turns out the be fun to drive - and if you do a search, you will find that the word "fun" crops up time and time again. The interior, while not having quite the suave elegance that Audi has become known for, is short of that mark by only a slight bit, in my opinion, and I personally find the interior to be very thoughtfully fitted out, the instrumentation a model of ergonomic clarity and the seats to be incredibly comfortable. If you do a search, you will also find some kvetching about the power; most suggest that the TSX lacks a bit of power in comparison to other cars in its class. I used to feel that way as well, but in driving the car for close to nine months, now, I have found that the engine loves being revved, delights in the surge, and does very well in nimble traffic manoevering. I cannot "chip out" any more, and a flat race between me in the TSX and a competitor, will result in the TSX lagging. However, dump both cars on Philadelphia's lovely, twisty, narrow East River Drive that flanks the Schuykill River, and the TSX will outperform, handling curve after curve with aplomb, tightly, and with a cat-like grip on the road. The posted speed is 40, but I confess to having done more than double when the road is not heavily trafficked, just to see what the TSX can do. And - in conventional high-speed driving on freeways, when I want to pass, nip in and out of traffic, cut and shift lanes, the engine's quick response and the car's nimble handling allows me to dance through traffic. I envy the TSX'rs who drive in mountain country regularly...... My car is a company car, and when it is not committed to my use, others drive it. The TSX is now favored by the hotshot kids in the mail room for running errands......... preferred over the bimmer, according to one.

I spend a significant amount of time on the road as my client base is scattered; my driving includes all times of the day and all road types. The TSX has removed much of the chore from that driving. To date, the only experience I have had with the dealer post-lease has been positive - in stark constrast to my experiences with the VW dealership, who were a bunch of whiney nasty complaining sob's who looked at me archly with shock when I suggested that having windows descend into the door with a tinkling sound was disturbing.................

If the much-vaunted record for reliability that Acura is known for applies to the TSX (and the Consumer Reports records indicate that it is doing just fine) I look forward to replacing the TSX with another 2 years down the road when this lease is up.

Quick Reply: Audi A3...:-)