Old 09-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone saw this? its pretty harsh on TSX

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95193
Old 09-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Banned

I m not reading it yet but I bet the major whine is the old "needa few more ponies.."
Old 09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Racer

does the TL also come with a 'holier than thou' attitude as well? i might have to upgrade soon.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Quattro in.....

The TL post comes from a noob so I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:00 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Old 09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Our monthly payments are lower. They are different and if money was no object it would be different. IMO the TSX was the best car for the price. If I had another 4K to spend, I probably would have got the TL. Now that the 2005 RL is out, I would get that over the TL .
Old 09-21-2004, 04:07 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the guy's a maroon, i've posted my comment
Old 09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Racer

In defense of this TL noob, he does preface by saying he'll be giving his ".2", which is about 10 times as much as anyone should be allowed

Lucky we TSXers have the "nice" stock tires, or else he really would have hated his TSX drive
Old 09-21-2004, 04:10 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LeMasseHammer

Lucky we TSXers have the "nice" stock tires, or else he really would have hated his TSX drive

Thats the statement that made it obvious this guy isn't worth arguing with.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by domn

Thats the statement that made it obvious this guy isn't worth arguing with.
He should try our stock tires on his TL, but I also liked your response domn
Originally Posted by domn
STFU NOOB with the domn smiley
Old 09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
6MT Snob

Yeah trying to make this guy see the light that both cars are great cars and both have their ups and down is about as likely as me not watching my entire star wars box set when i get home tonight
Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Its subtle, but effective
Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by gfxdave99
is about as likely as me not watching my entire star wars box set when i get home tonight

Actually I see that as VERY likely
Old 09-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Viking
STFU NOOB with the domn smiley
OMG, I didn't catch it ! only noticed the good ol' granad-tossing domn haha
Old 09-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
over there
Old 09-21-2004, 04:41 PM
101 years of heartache...

not really that bad, most are telling the truth. The TSX is a great car for the money, but the TL is better (except for some things a la steering wheel, tranny, but for the most poart it is better, and pricier). That guy didn't know what he was talking about. And I must say, although the TL has some very nice materials around the cockpit (especially that metal trim around the center console, very nice touch), there are specific parts that don't feel very good. Example; the shift boot on the parking brake feels cheaper than the TSX. DON'T GET ME WRONG, The TL is a WONDERFUL car (remember I got a TSX because the TL was out of our league), it needs some extra touch.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:42 PM
04 remembrance

Of course there are flaws with our TSX's, but there's no reason to complain about them especially when its being compared with a more superior car.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

why do they bother?? i mean we arent over at RSX saying thier car is junk. Oh well it doesnt seem to be worth my time to even bother reading thier rants on my car. They dont hafta drive it!
Old 09-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Respect My Authoritah

Most of the follow up comments were pretty complimentary to the TSX. And you didn't have to look very closely at the original post to see that the guy had about a 4th grade education.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro

I actually respect the TL and RSX... any Acura I respect right down the older models.
I guess some TL owners are just childish.

I just posted some interesting some stuff:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...t=95193&page=2
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Racer

I made sure to post something as well.....

what an ass crack
Old 09-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by gocubsgo55
there are specific parts that don't feel very good. Example; the shift boot on the parking brake feels cheaper than the TSX.
My small nitpick with the TL interior are the overhead handles above the doors are fixed straps, whereas the TSX has nice motion-damped handles. I also think the TL's seat cushions are too soft, but that's personal preference.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:51 PM
TSX JIGALO

RL drivers says to TL drivers, "shoulda went with a RL....", TL drivers says to TSX "drivers...shoulda went with TL"...blah blah blah... shoulda woulda coulda....

Where's the love man...?
ARe we not from the same car company??? "ACURA " ...People should respect each others rides superior or inferior to each others ride.... thats all I can say.. man... respect... but I guest dumb comments and criticism comes with the territory...

Just my 2 blingz....
Old 09-21-2004, 07:54 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

it's sibling rivarly,

sister to brother: you're tool

brother to sister: you're a ho
Old 09-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JOZMAN
RL drivers says to TL drivers, "shoulda went with a RL....", TL drivers says to TSX "drivers...shoulda went with TL"...blah blah blah... shoulda woulda coulda....

Where's the love man...?
ARe we not from the same car company??? "ACURA " ...People should respect each others rides superior or inferior to each others ride.... thats all I can say.. man... respect... but I guest dumb comments and criticism comes with the territory...

Just my 2 blingz....
Old 09-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL

I was thinking to post a link here about that earlier, but I didn't.

As you can see in that thread, I weighed in earlier.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Advanced

They are all about compairing the TSX and the TL.... why are they not bitching about how the RL has more crap then their TLs ? thats right, they just want to make themselves feel better about what they got.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JOZMAN

Where's the love man...?

Just my 2 blingz....
Acura drivers say to Honda drivers "should get an Acura..."
Old 09-21-2004, 08:39 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gocubsgo55
not really that bad, most are telling the truth. The TSX is a great car for the money, but the TL is better (except for some things a la steering wheel, tranny, but for the most poart it is better, and pricier). That guy didn't know what he was talking about. And I must say, although the TL has some very nice materials around the cockpit (especially that metal trim around the center console, very nice touch), there are specific parts that don't feel very good. Example; the shift boot on the parking brake feels cheaper than the TSX. DON'T GET ME WRONG, The TL is a WONDERFUL car (remember I got a TSX because the TL was out of our league), it needs some extra touch.

The TL was NOT out of my league, the cost/month on the lease was not a factor ($50/month; WGAF). I got the TSX because it handles better, the car is more nimble in traffic, and I find the interior more to my personal taste, especially the narrow, side-bolstered seats. The TL is a great substantial sedan, with a great deal of power and a very nice, if conventional interior and a tendency to handle like a big car, despite the substantially greater power off the block. The TSX maxs its suspension to mitigate understeer, giving this one of the best handling competencies of front-wheel drive cars out there; as the recent C & D review notes, the TSX is just plain fun.

Frankly, I am of an age where I really don't give a damn about spending every possible amount of money on the appropriate allocations of budget line items in order to impress whoever the hell it impresses. I drive the TSX because it's fun, stylish, nimble and - hopefully - durable.

There was a thread awhile back that posed the question that if the cost of the two cars were the same, which one would you go for? That really forced one to think about the real quality of driving experience each car provides; they are uniquely different, initial cost aside.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:47 PM
jmf
Need for Speed

Some of bought the car for its slightly smaller size and more nimble handling. The TL is nice, but its too boaty for my tastes. Price is usually a factor to an extent, but we definitely got the better deal for the dough. Plus we get better gas mileage. Well, those of us that don't drive in the redline all day get better gas mileage. Plus, remember the post a while back about what car you'd rather have? Although the TL won percentage-wise, the TSX came in a close second as I recall.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Racer

the tsx hit the bullseye with its right-on handling and entry-level luxury. the tl slightly misses the mark, what with its torque steer and inflated weight. even the guys at honda admitted they may have went overboard trying to outfit an fwd car with 270 ponies.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:23 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The TL is in another league? Not comparible? Why? Lets strip down all the luxury goodies and just talk about the basic cars. What we are left wiith is essentially a TSX vs NA Accord discussion once again.

I dont think the TSX is just for people who couldnt afford a TL. The TSX offers a very different driving experience than the TL, one which some would prefer. The TSX is a smaller, more nimble and better handling car ... and it feels good to drive for that reason. While the TL cant match up in this department, it will push you into the back of its seat with straigh line power. I think we can all appreciate enjoying this as well.

Some prefer the g-forces during corners, and others the g-forces during acceleration. Its all good to me but sometimes we have to chose.

I've driven the TL, and the NA Accord as well. After driving those cars and getting into the the TSX i missed the kind of punch I got when I hit the gas in those more powerful cars. But I can surely tell you when I drove the TL and Accord, i missed the handling and steering feel of the TSX. They just felt like boats to me.

Now when the 40 ponies get added in 06, the TSX will be perfect
Old 09-21-2004, 09:37 PM
jmf
Need for Speed

I don't know about you, but my '04 TSX will be perfect after it gains another 50+ HP courtesy of a Comptech Supercharger.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:49 AM

u GUYS will soon notice that according to TLers, anyone who didn't buy a TL is an idiot since it is the best value for the money, faster than a Ferrari, more luxurious than a Bentley and better looking than a Lamborhini Miura.

If u go to different websites, the internet is in agreeance they are the biggest bunch of fags on the net.

And if u want a good chuckle, visit there
Old 09-22-2004, 07:09 AM
TSX JIGALO

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
u GUYS will soon notice that according to TLers, anyone who didn't buy a TL is an idiot since it is the best value for the money, faster than a Ferrari, more luxurious than a Bentley and better looking than a Lamborhini Miura.

If u go to different websites, the internet is in agreeance they are the biggest bunch of fags on the net.

And if u want a good chuckle, visit there
+ 1
Old 09-22-2004, 08:09 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fdl
The TL is in another league? Not comparible? Why? Lets strip down all the luxury goodies and just talk about the basic cars. What we are left wiith is essentially a TSX vs NA Accord discussion once again.

I dont think the TSX is just for people who couldnt afford a TL. The TSX offers a very different driving experience than the TL, one which some would prefer. The TSX is a smaller, more nimble and better handling car ... and it feels good to drive for that reason. While the TL cant match up in this department, it will push you into the back of its seat with straigh line power. I think we can all appreciate enjoying this as well.

Some prefer the g-forces during corners, and others the g-forces during acceleration. Its all good to me but sometimes we have to chose.

I've driven the TL, and the NA Accord as well. After driving those cars and getting into the the TSX i missed the kind of punch I got when I hit the gas in those more powerful cars. But I can surely tell you when I drove the TL and Accord, i missed the handling and steering feel of the TSX. They just felt like boats to me.

Now when the 40 ponies get added in 06, the TSX will be perfect

A lot of the comparison on performance terms between the TSX and the TL focuses on straigt-line acceleration, in which, inevitably, asyou note, the TSX will loose. It would be interesting to see how the two compared on a tight-curved rally track where pure handling reigned supreme - I suspect the softer handling, greater weight and lack of tuning to compensate for understeer would leave the TL behind, 300hp or not. I run my TSX on the the closest equivalent I can easily find, the River drives next to the Schuykill in Philadelphia; both drives are narrow, not well-banked and quite twisty - The TSX comes into its own on those roads......... I think the TL would wallow around a bit, and would have to be driven at a slower pace to avoid loosing control.

and yep, I wouldn't complain with a few more horses to address low-end acceleration; I do find that midrange and upper speed acceleration is surprisingly ept - which, when combined with the rich handling, really makes this a great road warrior.

As noted elswhere on this site, as well as the offending Acura TL site, I debated between the TSX and TL, and chose the TSX, not because it was cheaper, but because it was a hellova lot more fun to drive.

Both cars are price bargains in their respective "niche" markets because Acura keeps the option list down to a minimum, thus simplifying both the production and sales components of their operation. It's a very successful strategy for a niche manufacturer of cars, and one that creates, obviously, a lot of brand loyalty. The real point of the recent C & D review (IMHO) was that the Acura TSX provided an exceptional driving opportunity in its class WITH all the goodies standardized; creating a truly comperable Audi A4, for example, required significant optioning up. I suspect that careful comparison shopping between the TL and its sedan-based comperables would reveal the same marketing aspect.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Burning Brakes

1 thing to say:
TSX made in Japan
TL made in USA
So even TSX is $10k more than TL, I still go for TSX. Hey man! am I ever consider TL when I shop around?
Old 09-22-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by catbarf
Most of the follow up comments were pretty complimentary to the TSX. And you didn't have to look very closely at the original post to see that the guy had about a 4th grade education.
sadly he's 30 years old..
Old 09-22-2004, 08:32 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Looks like there's one bad apple.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ianS
1 thing to say:
TSX made in Japan
TL made in USA
So even TSX is $10k more than TL, I still go for TSX. Hey man! am I ever consider TL when I shop around?
Wow I thought i was one of the few anal ones about this but you're the champ !

Quick Reply: anyone saw this? its pretty harsh on TSX