anyone here sponsored?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone here sponsored?

i was just wondering if anyone here is sponsored. and i was thinking of trying to get sponsored, i have a friend that has a mustang and hes sponsored but all he had to do is get the name of the company on his car and they gave him cost plus 10% on whatever he wanted. also he gets to pick which show he wants to go too. i've seen some of those websites that claim to get you sponsored but i dont know if they are just a scam
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdottsx
i was just wondering if anyone here is sponsored. and i was thinking of trying to get sponsored, i have a friend that has a mustang and hes sponsored but all he had to do is get the name of the company on his car and they gave him cost plus 10% on whatever he wanted. also he gets to pick which show he wants to go too. i've seen some of those websites that claim to get you sponsored but i dont know if they are just a scam
Most of those are scams. You're gonna need to mod your car extensively. Sponsors wanna see commitment on your part so you need to spend money on your car,I mean alot of money. Most companies have a certain budget for sponsorships per show season, and they are pretty strict on the qualifications. Its gonna take ALOT more than what you have done to your car to be even considered for sponsorship. Also sponsors want you to enter your car in as many shows as possible so your car pretty much on call for sponsor obligations. There is a great thread on the other site about the process of sponsorship.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 PM
is glad to be back!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

self sponsored FTW!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThirdLane
Most of those are scams. You're gonna need to mod your car extensively. Sponsors wanna see commitment on your part so you need to spend money on your car,I mean alot of money. Most companies have a certain budget for sponsorships per show season, and they are pretty strict on the qualifications. Its gonna take ALOT more than what you have done to your car to be even considered for sponsorship. Also sponsors want you to enter your car in as many shows as possible so your car pretty much on call for sponsor obligations. There is a great thread on the other site about the process of sponsorship.
hmm interesting, i know i would need alot more done, i was just wondering tho, because my friend is sponsored with his mustang and he doesnt have too much done.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdottsx
hmm interesting, i know i would need alot more done, i was just wondering tho, because my friend is sponsored with his mustang and he doesnt have too much done.
That all depends on which sponsor decide to sponsor you. But if you're looking for sponsorship from aftermarket parts manufacturers such as HKS, Cusco, APEX-i, etc. you are looking to do extensive mods on your car before even submitting an application.