Anyone have the new navi disc Version 4.62

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have the new navi disc Version 4.62

does anyone have the new navi disc? can anyone make me a copy so i can test it out?

version 4.62 please
Old 10-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Instructor

I've been out of the loop for awhile, feel free to welcome me back... thanks What's new on this disc worthy of note? Real time traffic was always a highly desired item, is this posslby on it?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:03 PM
私はより良い

the TSX is not capable of real-time traffic, so its just updated maps
Old 10-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i'm just interested to know if it corrects the daylight saving time problem (since the law has changed and the dates are changed)
Old 10-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Let me help you!

Never mind, I looked at the announcement. It looks like they fixed it, so I'll be buying it:

-----------

New Features
One way streets (indicated with arrows on the 1/20 mile scale - turn on in Icon Options - "Other icons")

Loss of male voice prompts (voice prompts revert to female - regardless of previous setup setting)

Additional brand icons for restaurants, motels and other POIs

Updated maps and POIs

Auto Daylight Savings Time switching per new 2007 (March/November) schedule

------------------

Loss of male voice prompt doesn't sound like a "new feature"...more like a glitch? Unless if the male voice harrasses people or makes politically incorrect phrases...

I used the male voice for a week...sounded like a better quality voice than the female. I use the female voice though since my car is a girl =P I wonder why they're removing it...they could at least remove the option from the menu if it's not going to switch to male...

By the way...the disc is backordered, so who knows how long we'll have to wait
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by gamblez
does anyone have the new navi disc? can anyone make me a copy so i can test it out?

version 4.62 please
We don't promote people making copies for other people here...if you want to test it out, buy it, try it, and return it.

If that starts happening, everyone here will probably be using copies that they obtain through meets or something lol
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Advanced

lol thats what i said

i wanna demo it or try it out if i like it ill go out and buy the real thing anyone have it?

plus its sold out so theres no other way
Old 10-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Instructor

hey one question..does this update work on the 04 ??if not is there a update on it ?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Let me help you!

i wanna demo it or try it out if i like it ill go out and buy the real thing anyone have it?

plus its sold out so theres no other way
If you had a copy of it, you wouldn't need to buy it anymore.

Go to the dealership and see if they've put it on any of their new TSX's. Or make a list of what you want tested and ask someone if you can PM them and have them try it out for you (ie: see if your address is listed on the map). You don't really need to have hands-on experience with it to see if it's what you want...

but hey, if someone gives you a copy, send a copy of it over to me at the same price he gives you ;-)

Originally Posted by offsight204
hey one question..does this update work on the 04 ??if not is there a update on it ?
The 04/05 system is different from the 06+. 06+ uses the white disc. Your 04 uses the orange disc. The latest version for you is the 3.60 version. There's no updated features (just additions to the map). It seems like they've totally ditched the 04/05 people
Old 10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
If you had a copy of it, you wouldn't need to buy it anymore.
trueee..

yeaaa.. how much's that disc?!?!

let's have a group buy again. lol.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,192 Posts
I think once you upgrade to the newest disk version, there is no way to downgrade to the previous version. I also heard you can lock up your Navi if you put in the wrong disk (using the white disk when your car needs the orange disk).

It would be cool if there was a group buy for the white navi disk! $185+shipping is a lot of money for a DVD. I wish they would put web version of the navi system on the internet site so we could test features and enter problem addresses.

My 06 has a disk that was made in the fall of 05. I'm starting to have problems about 10% of the time when I travel to AZ and CO.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ZERO tolerance for discussions of piracy / disc sharing on this site. If anyone even mentions it again (or anything I could take to be similar) their post will be removed.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by msmching
trueee..

yeaaa.. how much's that disc?!?!

let's have a group buy again. lol.
$185 +$6 shipping + tax

lol, we wouldn't need a groupbuy. we could pitch in to buy one disc, make copies, and just elect someone to hang onto the disc for safekeeping. but that would be bad...we want to promote alpine to keeping stuff updated by giving them business ;-)

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I think once you upgrade to the newest disk version, there is no way to downgrade to the previous version. I also heard you can lock up your Navi if you put in the wrong disk (using the white disk when your car needs the orange disk).

It would be cool if there was a group buy for the white navi disk! $185+shipping is a lot of money for a DVD. I wish they would put web version of the navi system on the internet site so we could test features and enter problem addresses.

My 06 has a disk that was made in the fall of 05. I'm starting to have problems about 10% of the time when I travel to AZ and CO.
You're right about downgrading and the use of the wrong disc. I also want to get the new dvd since my 06 is starting to give me the wrong directions for POI's...I hate circling a place only to find out that the place doesn't exist anymore =P
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Advanced

its alright if i wanna demo the disc right?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reach
I have ZERO tolerance for discussions of piracy / disc sharing on this site. If anyone even mentions it again (or anything I could take to be similar) their post will be removed.

Someone sounds angry. Maybe you are one of those commies that should go back to Cuba, Vietnam, North Korea, or China. Oh, I forgot that China, as communist as they are, have more of a free market economy than we do in North American. I believe in Capitalism. I believe in free speech. I beleive in deregulations and no monopolies. Bring it on you commie!!!

(btw, I am just pushing your buttons. These companies need to make a profit to be able to continue to produce these DVDs. Just don't take advantage of us by charging so much.)
Old 10-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reach
Power to the people! We were able to hack the Navi prompts and i think that was not legal to take away the safety screen... ok maybe that really wasn't illegal. But no where on the software or on the disk it self does it say you couldn't make copies! So why not??
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
Power to the people! We were able to hack the Navi prompts and i think that was not legal to take away the safety screen... ok maybe that really wasn't illegal. But no where on the software or on the disk it self does it say you couldn't make copies! So why not??
Why should they have to stamp every disc? Just look at music cd's. Everyone just borrows the cd's from their friends (or the library), makes a copy, and then returns it. The artist who put their work into that album (which is part of their livelihood) won't get royalty fees for the songs that you're now enjoying on your ipod.

Suppose they get $1 for each cd they sell. And suppose they sold 1 million cd's. If 2 million people have a copy of that cd, the artist just lost $1 million.

As for changing the disclaimer screen...they are obligated to put the warning on the system for all the idiots out there (especially since the acura system allows you to play with it while the car is moving). Imagine how many law suits they'd get if everyone blamed the navi for rear-ending someone. Once you own a product, you can modify it all you want....as long as you don't distribute the modified copy or release the source code.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

version 4.62 please
The 4.62 version has a loading glitch. It became available sept 14. Dealer can fix with clear procedure. DONT load a disc not designed for that generation nav. You cannot repair it once you replace operating system with new disc.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It is also my understanding that once you load a new NAV DVD you can't go back to using the previous disc unless the dealer does that "clear" procedure mentioned above. In every version of the NAV DVD I have purchased, it always does a firmware upgrade first and at that point it expects you to use that version of the NAV DVD. So you couldn't just pop out the new one and go back to using the old disc. So it wouldn't be practical to "test" the disc unless you intend to go to the dealer so they can do that "clear" procedure so you can go back to using the version you were using.

For those with 2004/2005 NAV systems the Alpine website says "New annual update disc will be available soon." Which I expect will be version 3.7 (3.6 is the current version).
Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Advanced

I have the 2005 navi and I haven't had any problems with mine at all. The only thing that I have is a limited amount of information in news development areas. I was thinking to get a new one for my car but now I don't think I want to if I am going to have trouble with the future DVD disc. Plus, it sounds like a man's voice has replaced the woman's voice. I am too trained to listen to the demands of a woman's voice to start hearing a man's voice. And if I get the new DVD disc that means that I can't go back to the old one. That is not too cool for me if I don't like it. For the price, I will wait until they perfect it.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
ridiculously good looking

where can i find info about the latest navi disc for an 04?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
I tried out the new disk for the 06 TSX and it made my Navi slower. I tried to put the old disk back in and it would not load. Required a trip back to the dealer to reset it. The dealer has some sort of jumper cable to reset the navi. There was no charge for this.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
mrgold35

I wish Acura could update the entire Navi system.

Acura should provide monthly or quarterly updated from the internet for valid Navi users. We can register on the Acura site, pay a yearly fee, and input our Navi codes and VIN numbers for verification. They can modify the car’s Navi system to only accept updates specific to your Navi code/VIN number.

They could add a +300 GB hard-drive with DVD reader and USB and/or firewire connections. We could use the updated Navi and hard-drive to store up-to-date Navi data, record +10,000 CD/DVD/ipod audio recordings, DVD movies, backup camera, rear passenger composite/s-video/component connections for PS3/TV tuner, record live radio, and play DVD and HD/DVD on the rear entertainment system for passengers. The system would also provide real time traffic and real time weather for your area with the XM radio. As an added bonus, you could get internet displayed on navi screen with your wireless phone or broadband wireless access card that plugs in the back of the DVD unit.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hehe gold your crazy..
jk. my dreams are equivalent. carputer maybe a solution...
frekin buick and gm has built harddrives. =(
Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsx 2 nv
where can i find info about the latest navi disc for an 04?

Here...

https://store.alpine-usa.com/Acuradv.../naviorder.php
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Let me help you!

The website to buy navi DVD's is: http://www.acuranavi.com

Originally Posted by dwest1023
I tried out the new disk for the 06 TSX and it made my Navi slower.
Slower in what way? Do you think it affects all 06, or were you a special case? I was thinking of getting the new DVD for my 06 because of the daylight saving time fix
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
ridiculously good looking

thanks guys!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by dwest1023
I tried out the new disk for the 06 TSX and it made my Navi slower. I tried to put the old disk back in and it would not load. Required a trip back to the dealer to reset it. The dealer has some sort of jumper cable to reset the navi. There was no charge for this.

I've heard there was a bug in the new Navi disk and they pulled it to fix the problem. Is there a chance your Navi disk had the bug and it caused your navi to run slower?

I'm not planning any more out of town trips until early spring, I'm going to wait until then to purchase the lastest disk.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Pro

Has anyone tried the 4.62 update in their 06/07 TSX? Are there still issues with that version?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
Has anyone tried the 4.62 update in their 06/07 TSX? Are there still issues with that version?
No issue with mine except that once I updated the next morning I got some sort of self diagnostic screen. All I had to do was hit the voice command and back buttons and it verified the button presses and started.

It also added a PIN protection for your home address and address book. I guess this is in case your car is stolen so the crook can't find your home. I don't remember this being in the original 06 features. And my street is in this version... finally!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
10th Gear

I just got a 05 w/navi whats the update status on that dvds for that because the one I have now seems pretty outdated?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Intermediate

since the the thread has be revived. I was wondering if anybody on here could check something out for me. For those of you that have orage disc 3.7 can you please tell me if the the I-355 extension is in it for Illinois. Thanks.

Also does anybody know when they will be releasing a new disc. I would hate to buy 3.7 and then have them release the new version.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Why should they have to stamp every disc? Just look at music cd's. Everyone just borrows the cd's from their friends (or the library), makes a copy, and then returns it.
Well, no. I buy music CD's. But I have two cars with different nav systems and I would be glad to buy new discs - but not for 200.00. This puts the price out of what I find reasonable. 50.00 would be under my threshhold, and maybe 100.00, but 200.00 is way out.

But since the manufacturers are trying to recover their costs, they charge more to pay for the bootleg copies they know are being made. I think with music for the most part it is reaching a point where the business model (CD's) is not working - hence the aggressive policing of file sharing by music companies.

Interestingly enough, every time a new disc for the Corvette nav system comes out it is available for bootleg copying in a few days.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Advanced

I have the 4.62 version for the 08 and the I355 Xtension to Lennox is NOT on it.

I saw a program on how these maps are updated. People driving around in vans with cameras and lasers.

Lotta manpower involved.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by Tex929rr
Well, no. I buy music CD's. But I have two cars with different nav systems and I would be glad to buy new discs - but not for 200.00. This puts the price out of what I find reasonable. 50.00 would be under my threshhold, and maybe 100.00, but 200.00 is way out.

But since the manufacturers are trying to recover their costs, they charge more to pay for the bootleg copies they know are being made. I think with music for the most part it is reaching a point where the business model (CD's) is not working - hence the aggressive policing of file sharing by music companies.

Interestingly enough, every time a new disc for the Corvette nav system comes out it is available for bootleg copying in a few days.
So obviously you're into bootlegging. A company tells you that its product is worth X amount, and you want to undercut them. They don't force you to upgrade; it's by your own choice. If you want to know what's on it, go to a dealership.

A seat at a concert or a Laker's game is made the same no matter where it is placed in the stadium. So why do tickets go up to $300? If you're a sports fanatic, you'd probably pay $300 for a seat for a couple of hours. When you buy a material object like a navi DVD, it stays with you forever.

File sharing is theft; plain and simple. It's too bad they mostly go for distributors (people who accumulate files and let other people download from them). They ought to go after every single person so that the mentality is broken; theft is not a good thing to propagate.

If you can't afford it, then the product is out of your budget and you shouldn't try to steal it. That's why thieves will always exist; there are people who don't want to work for it.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Advanced

So obviously you're into bootlegging.
Did you actually read my post? Where I said I still buy CD's?

You, previously:

Just look at music cd's. Everyone just borrows the cd's from their friends (or the library), makes a copy, and then returns it.
I made an observation about GM Nav DVD's being available on line quickly - I never said I was a bootlegger. Enough of my neighbors have newer GM nav discs that I can verify the updates are not worth my money yet. I am still using OEM nav discs in both cars.

If I wait 4 iterations and decide it is worth the 200.00 -maybe. But a new disc every 6 months for 200.00 is past my price point. Not that I can't afford it - but the value/cost ratio is out of whack.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
7th Gear

Is the 4.62 version for the TL the same disc they use for TSX? Just the TSX can't use all the features like real time traffic?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i tried my dads 4.62 from his 08 tl-s in my 06 tsx. it works. just no nav traffic.
the FAQ on the navi order site states;

Will an update DVD be compatible with my vehicle?

Yes. The latest version DVD will work in any Honda or Acura vehicle with white-labeled DVD.

Note: Orange, black, white and turquoise-labeled DVDs are not interchangeable.

luther