Anyone in the auto insurance business?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 06:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Anyone in the auto insurance business?

While visiting family i Dalls this weekend I was rear ended on I-30E heading towards Dalls from Ft. Worth. This was in a construction zone, stop-n-go traffice. I never got out of first gear for 6 miles. The person behind me, lets call him Mustapha Sonnah, was not paying attention and hit me going about 20; I was stationary. Tore up the bumper cover but that is about all the damage. I was able to drive the car, an '08 TSX Nav 6MT, back to Houston. I got his insurance information BUT he would not give me his phone number or TX driver's license number. I called the police; no police will come to a 'fender bender', even on a busy interstate highway. Bottom line, the insurance information I copied down is in question. I called his insurance company numer, number is no longer active. The insurance company name is Santa Fe Auto Insurance. Can anyone in the busines do a search for me? I have contacted my insurance company, AAA. I have yet to hear from my adjuster. Any ideas what I can do to track this company down. BTW, as I mentioned, the bumper cover is banged up. His 2000 Caravan lost its fronplate, destroyed his bumper, and puncture his radiator. The TSX held up pretty good. Also, I had watched this guy behind me for miles and each time I came to a stop he would get right up on my bumper. I politely tapped my brake lights a number of times as a way of asking him to back off. I changed lanes, he changed lanes. When he hit my I was livid, my wife kept me under control. I was ready to give him a personal lesson in driver etiquette. He had the nerve to tell me my car was not damaged. I can actually see his plate frame and a few plate number embedded in the cover. Luckily my wife kept me under control.

Anyway, if someone can help me Iwould appreciate it. Also, if someone has a data base to track this guy down I would appreciate it. I have a feeling the address onhis insurance card is bogus. I suppose I have insuracne for times like this - let AA handle it? I wills till need to pay my dectible though - $250.

Sorry for the long rant. Thanks for any help anyone can supply.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wouldn't be too worried about him giving u false information. i think as long as you have his plate #, you should be OK.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 AM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by CGTSX07
i wouldn't be too worried about him giving u false information. i think as long as you have his plate #, you should be OK.
+1

Assuming he wasn't driving a stolen car or had fake plates, I'm sure they'll be able to track him down.

On a side note, I hope that when you tap your brakes, you only do it for the brake lights as a bluff.

Just recently in Toronto someone slammed on the brakes in front of another driver (on purpose due to road rage) causing the SUV behind him to swerve and dodge him, only to be killed when he hit the median. The driver that braked was charged with criminal negligence causing death and dangerous driving causing death.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Safety Car

Tapping my brakes as a gesture to back off and leave a buffer zone - traffic was traveling at most 20 mph.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by miner
While visiting family i Dalls this weekend I was rear ended on I-30E heading towards Dalls from Ft. Worth. This was in a construction zone, stop-n-go traffice. I never got out of first gear for 6 miles. The person behind me, lets call him Mustapha Sonnah, was not paying attention and hit me going about 20; I was stationary. Tore up the bumper cover but that is about all the damage. I was able to drive the car, an '08 TSX Nav 6MT, back to Houston. I got his insurance information BUT he would not give me his phone number or TX driver's license number. I called the police; no police will come to a 'fender bender', even on a busy interstate highway. Bottom line, the insurance information I copied down is in question. I called his insurance company numer, number is no longer active. The insurance company name is Santa Fe Auto Insurance. Can anyone in the busines do a search for me? I have contacted my insurance company, AAA. I have yet to hear from my adjuster. Any ideas what I can do to track this company down. BTW, as I mentioned, the bumper cover is banged up. His 2000 Caravan lost its fronplate, destroyed his bumper, and puncture his radiator. The TSX held up pretty good. Also, I had watched this guy behind me for miles and each time I came to a stop he would get right up on my bumper. I politely tapped my brake lights a number of times as a way of asking him to back off. I changed lanes, he changed lanes. When he hit my I was livid, my wife kept me under control. I was ready to give him a personal lesson in driver etiquette. He had the nerve to tell me my car was not damaged. I can actually see his plate frame and a few plate number embedded in the cover. Luckily my wife kept me under control.

Anyway, if someone can help me Iwould appreciate it. Also, if someone has a data base to track this guy down I would appreciate it. I have a feeling the address onhis insurance card is bogus. I suppose I have insuracne for times like this - let AA handle it? I wills till need to pay my dectible though - $250.

Sorry for the long rant. Thanks for any help anyone can supply.
I'm in the industry. Sante Fe Insurance Company? I couldn't find it. If I had the insurance code; could look it up that way. Did you get the plate #? If so, have your carrier run a plate check for insurance verification and that should bring it up. Sante Fe may be a subsidiary of say, Liberty Mutual, just for example.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Safety Car

I was able to confirm that his policy number is legit BUT still question whether he was the driver since driver would not give personal information. I have deiced to fix thorugh my carrier and let them handle the subrogation.

Mystylady,
I found the company under Santa Fe Auto Insurance Company. I think it may be Dallas-based.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Safety Car

OK, his insurance compnay was not able to get in touch with him - left msgs. and emails with no repsonse. Sent him a certified letter. Not knowing how long this would take to settle I went ahead and did repair through my insurance. Took car in Wed., picked up yesterday. Needed new (OEM) bumper cover and impact cushions (styrofoam under bumper cover). Total was $475 + rental fees. On my way to pick car up the 'other' insurance company called and accepted liability. Now, to wait for subrogation.