Anybody in the Southeast dealing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody in the Southeast dealing?

Every dealership (3 of them) I have worked with only wants to deal at MSRP. Some have been willing to throw in free oil changes for the entire warranty period, which won't help me because they are several hundred miles away. The local dealership here in Nashville wouldn't come off any, but said they would throw in some mudflaps (wow, what a deal ). I countered with $500 off MSRP with no freebies, the sales lady said she would check with her boss...that was 5 days ago, she didn't even bother calling me back. I see people here (and other places) paying below retail, but I am not having any luck. Can anybody point me in the right direction?? I have a hard time paying MSRP for a car, but I guess I might have to.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear

I had the same problem with the local Nashville dealer, and i am a former customer - 98 CL, 01 CL. As a lease, they wanted 4k out of pocket, plus 475/mo on 36 months if i recall correctly. They blamed my lease not being up yet and that it wouldn't get any better, so i should just go ahead and take their deal. Now, i am pretty sure it will get better, especially on the day my current lease is up and i take it back to them and tell them now they're stuck with it. It amazed me that it would have been a better deal if i had just kept my current car and started a new lease and paid 2 payments - at least if i didn't consider insurance costs. I am pretty sure i dealt with the same saleslady and i don't think she knew jack about the car.

I was really disappointed in how i was treated, given my history with them - it seems like a lot of the folks i had dealt with in the past are no longer there. I am still about a year out on my current CL lease right now, so i am hoping things get better when i am ready to finally get a TSX - however, i think my tactic will be to email all of the Atlanta dealers and try to get my best deal there, as they have a lot more competition. Even if all i get is MSRP (plus mudflaps) out of Atlanta, i would rather go that route and prove a point to Gary Force that their best customer is a repeat customer.

Please post back if you find a deal close to Nashville, it will be helpful when i pull the trigger. Good Luck!
Old 08-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Cruisin'

Hey bluecl....I'm working on a deal at Acura Carland in Duluth GA. So far, I have been very pleased with the transaction thus far. I'll hold off on posting the details until tomorrow when I know for sure if the deal is going to fly. I'll let you know who I dealt with, price paid, etc...

One thing is for sure...I won't be buying one here in Nashville. You are better off going where there is competition. Nashville has one dealer, and they act that way.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

Great Dealer in Florida

Please email me which color and model TSX you are looking fro and I will do my best to help you. I have a 2nd largest allocation in the southeast. WE work a lot of deals for customers outside the local area. PBACURA@hotmail.com
Old 09-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Racer

I was in the Greenville Acura dealership last week and they had 5 or six TSX's in stock including 2 CG's - auto and manual. Don't know if they are dealing, but worth a try.